Robert32
Hi my name is robert i lost my beloved cat three days ago suddenly, his name was woody he was a black cat with a white tuft on his chest,he was the closest i ever had to a third child. He was my best friend and allways there for me morning and night. I woke up last thursday moring to find him very unwell (up until this point there was no signs of any illness what so ever as he was eating,drinking sleeping and going out to do his business and coming in and giving me cuddles) i phoned the vets immediately and took him straight over they did tests and xrays and said he had a blood infection that was underlying and had spread throughout him and they had to drain him lungs but they keept filling up with blood shortly after he passed away. Me, my wife and two children are devastated as we had him from a kitten and its just hard not having him around i cant seem to think straight so much so that time seems to stand still. I only wish i could hold him one more time i miss him so much :'(
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi Robert, you are not alone and i am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Woody. What makes it harder is when these illnesses come out of nowhere, you never have time to prepare yourself or fix the situation. You were with Woody til the end and he knows he was loved and adored.

I too lost my dog Munki within a 6 day time span, she had cancer in her lungs and 6 days later it became so bad I had no choice but to put her to rest. That was 7 weeks ago and I am still grieving and crying and missing her daily.

Please know your Woody is now your guardian angel above til you meet again.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Robert32
Hi cam thank you for your kind words it was hard writing about my feelings as im not use to expressing myself im very sorry for your loss also
Quote 0 0
Larissa
Robert, I'm so ,so sorry you lost your baby. Sounds like he went so fast,so no months and months if pain like some. I think we all want that just one more time cuddle. I think we always will until the day we actually can hold them again. I hope you and your family can find peace through your grief. Time does stand still.its hard to believe the world can still go on when we feel so bad. Tomorrow will be four weeks for me. I lost a whole month somewhere,just going through the motions. I'm glad you and your family have each other to go through this with. Please take care of yourself,you've come to the right place.i hate to say welcome because being here means you have suffered great loss. Check in often,it truly helps and this is a great community. Take care
Larissa
Quote 0 0
Robert32
Thank you im glad i found this forum and i will check in to offer my support also thank you again
Quote 0 0
Gertie
Hi Robert,

I am very sorry for your loss. Loosing that special fur companion leaves us in pieces. I can only say, remember all the good times. The love you shared is something special. Woody is at peace. He is watching over you, loving you. The one thing I have learned in the past 3 years is it is better to have loved and lost, then never have loved at all. It is easier for me to say that now. But 2013 was a horrible year. I lost my 11 year old kitty Myles suddenly in Jan and then in July of that year my little Lhasa 9 years old, Duncan.
This site saved me. Write about Woddy, tell us all about him.
I promise one day, you will smile again. Woddy would want you to.

Hug;s to you,

Duncan & Myles Mom xx
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Robert I am so sorry for the loss of your baby.  You came to the right place at this site.  We ALL here understand all too well what you are feeling and can truly relate to the emptiness in your life now.  My Molly was 14 so I knew our days were numbered, but I don't think there is any way you can prepare for that final moment no matter how much time you have it is still devastating.  Molly wasn't sick either but she had a stroke and that happens fast, but it was and is still the end of my world.  If knowing someone really understands your loss can help you to heal, then you came to the right place for sure. 

I hope being here is helpful to you and your family. 
janice
Quote 0 0