Peach
It's been a month and a half since my baby girl Sphinx was cruelly taken by leukemia. It's strange because I lost my soulmate Beck in Feb 2019 and that was devastating, so I never imagined I would grieve this hard over Sphinx. But I'm not coping as well as I know I should be. The house is so quiet despite still having Nile, her little brother here with me.
Sphinx was a talker. She always spoke and I would speak back lol. We would have entire conversations and I'm sure that if anyone ever heard they would have thought that I was absolutely stark raving mad.
It's so quiet without her. 
The pain of losing her hurts so bad. I wasn't ready for that. I still cry almost daily. She was only 13, which I know is old(ish) for a cat, but she never had any health issues, she was always a healthy weight, happy... zero problems. I need to get out of this intense grief because I don't want her to be stuck here because I haven't really let her go. 

I also wanted to share a gift I was given 2 days ago. A hand-made Rainbow Bridge blanket with little paws on it. I almost cried when I received this beautiful gift. I'm holding it now as I type this.

Oh, Sphinx. I miss you and love you so much! I'll try to stop crying so much but it's so so difficult. 

20200712_072748.jpg 

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry for all of your losses.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened” ~ Anatole France
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Oh my, what a beautiful blanket! Thank you for sharing a picture.

I am sorry for your loss of your sweet, talker Sphinx. It hasn't been that long and there is no set timeline for grief. Be kind to yourself and little Nile. The two of you together can get through the grief and pain. It takes time.

My condolences
Jan
Quote 0 0
Peach
Jan_H wrote:
Oh my, what a beautiful blanket! Thank you for sharing a picture.

I am sorry for your loss of your sweet, talker Sphinx. It hasn't been that long and there is no set timeline for grief. Be kind to yourself and little Nile. The two of you together can get through the grief and pain. It takes time.

My condolences
Jan

Thank you.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened” ~ Anatole France
Quote 0 0
ClaudiaNY
What a lovely blanket! I lost my cat, Lily, in late January. We also had many lengthy conversations. Usually she was asking me for treats but at the end I knew she was asking me to help her feel better. I know what you are going through and I agree with Jan that there is no set timeline for grief. People talk about the stages of grief but I can say from my experience, they are not linear. It's not like you go through one stage and then the next - you can go back and forth. You just have to let yourself grieve as much as you need to. I'm glad you and Nile are there for each other. He undoubtedly misses Sphinx too (great names for cats, btw).
Quote 0 0
Peach
ClaudiaNY wrote:
What a lovely blanket! I lost my cat, Lily, in late January. We also had many lengthy conversations. Usually she was asking me for treats but at the end I knew she was asking me to help her feel better. I know what you are going through and I agree with Jan that there is no set timeline for grief. People talk about the stages of grief but I can say from my experience, they are not linear. It's not like you go through one stage and then the next - you can go back and forth. You just have to let yourself grieve as much as you need to. I'm glad you and Nile are there for each other. He undoubtedly misses Sphinx too (great names for cats, btw).

Thank you and sorry for the loss of your Lily. It was the same with Sphinx, I could hear it in the tone of her voice that she was asking for help. It pains me that the only option I had was to let her go. I'm sure that wasn't the sort of help she wanted, but it was the only I could offer her. I'm so grateful I have Nile. I'm forever thankful for my spur of the moment decision 12 years ago to take him home with me. 
Quote 0 0