GrievingGinger Show full post »
judylinn

GG, thanks for sharing your stories about your 2 beautiful kitties. I'm glad that things are doing well with them.  Having been around so many cats before, it will take them some time, to understand things are different now, and they are loved. Your doing a great job. :)   Judy

Quote 0 0
otto12
Hello GG! Im so happy to see that you finally have found two new furbabies to love! You deserve all the happiness in the world cause I know what you have gone through or going through as I know this grief is a long journey and it will take a long time to heal but Im sure these two kittens will help you alot with healing. You have your hands full with those two :)

You know when I looked at the pictures of the kittens the grey one reminds me so much of Ginger, I dont know what it was but there is something there. They are both so beautiful cats what breed are they?

We will get our new cat in a few weeks I have only seen pictures of him yet so I havent met him as they live pretty far from us.

I wish you all the best I think about you alot cause we have been going through the same pain you have helped me alot. Just knowing that someone else out there even if its on the other side of the world is going through the same thing helps me alot it gives me strength. Take care :)
Quote 0 0
GrievingGinger
We're still learning the ropes around here but they really are a pleasure to have in the home again.  My home feels alive again with the energy they bring.  Of course, they are driving me a little crazy at times too. :)

Otto, Shira does remind me a lot about Ginger too.  I don't know what it is either.  Maybe just her sweetness and temperament as opposed to Pogo's extremely out going personality.  I'm not sure what her breed is.  They were just listed as a domestic long haired.

My boyfriend and I were just talking this morning wondering why Pogo is so demanding of attention and wondering how cats develop their personality.  Considering they were found outside under a crate, you'd think they wouldn't need that much human interaction but Pogo is pretty relentless in his need for attention as opposed to Shira just an easy going sweet cat.

Otto, I am hoping all the best for you and your new furbaby.  I hope he will bring you as much happiness as my two babies.  Although it's been challenging and I've doubted my decision about adopting these two, feeling a little guilty at times, I have really fallen for them both and am happy they are in my home!  They are not Ginger, and I do miss her tremendously, but they are just as lovable in their own way!

Quote 0 0
donnalee
It is so true about cats and their personalities!  I have 3 and they are all completely, totally different from each other.  It makes me realize that you really have to be careful when you pick one out to bring home if one is looking for a specific temperament. 
I'm so happy you've got that alive energy back in your home! 
Quote 0 0
GrievingGinger
It's been 12 weeks since Ginger passed away.  I fear I am forgetting memories of her.  I cannot remember how she felt, how she smelled, how she literally bounced off the walls.  I miss her but I'm moving on and I feel so sad about that.  I brought up some pictures yesterday and everything rushed back over me, all the emotions, all the tears.  I broke down like a baby again.  This time, Pogo heard my tears and with a concerned look on his face, he found me and came over to console me.  Ginger never did that, but Twilight did that all the time.  I really treasured that about Twilight and it made me feel really good to see Pogo do that.  

Pogo and Shira are doing really well.  They are not climbing the table anymore, and besides a few nibbling instances, they've all but stopped biting.  It's only been 4 weeks but it feels like they have been in my lives forever.  They are both really really playful and are getting along with one another too.  

I know a lot of you celebrated thanksgiving yesterday and I hope you have a very happy one.  I don't know what I would have done without this website.  When Ginger first passed away, I was in a really dark place, and I want to thank you all for helping me out of it.  It really helped to talk with people who knew the pain associated with a loss of a dearly loved one and who showed compassion towards the way I lost Ginger.  Her death has changed me forever and each day I try to make Pogo and Shira's life so much better.

I love you, Ginger.
Quote 0 0
quirks
hi GG....i know what u mean about the forgetting part...... i remember things remy did clearly, but the smell.....feel....they r fading as i feared they would...
i still cant look at photos without that gutwrenching sadness and guilt which is surprising as its been 3 1/2 months...
maggie still bites with a shocking viciousness but will then want to nurse on my earlobe. my vet says its natural for abandoned kitties to behave this way and around 9 months she should settle down.
yr 2 babies sound delightful and im glad they found their way into yr home and yr heart. xoxo
Those people who dislike cats, will be mice in their next life.......
Remy...entered my life 4th April 2010......left for the Bridge 9th August 2010.
loved, missed and cherished.
Quote 0 0
judylinn

Hey GG...its good to hear from you. I know what you mean about the smelss etc...but you won't lose, is the love in your heart for Ginger. she will always be there. I think a certain amount of forgetting needs to happen in order to heal from the pain...not the forgetting about Ginger, but some of the other things. I'm so happy for you that the 2 kitties are doing well. You are a great person to have adopted them.  Judy :)

Quote 0 0
donnalee
GG, I'm so glad you posted today.  I was wondering how you were doing.  I'm so very happy it is working out with Pogo and Shira!  You are an amazing Mom!   THIS is one of the things I love about this website the most.  I worried about you so much.  I know we are not supposed to worry because it does no good but, at times, I just didn't know how you would recover from your experience.  There were just no words to make it all ok.   I can't even express what a feeling of relief it is to know that you have made it and you are going to be OK!   About still breaking down, I still have something trigger it and I still cry about once a week and this is after 7 months, but I think that is OK!  We are STILL healing and I have now accepted that it just might go on for the rest of my life.
Like everybody, I try to remember my boy.  I try to remember the details of how it felt to wrap my arms around him, to hug him, to brush him, etc.  I look at pictures and try to remember how he looked running in the park or even sleeping on the floor, or the look he gave me when he wanted a chicken jerky.  Although I have my memories, the sensory details fade a little as time passes.   I had not thought of it the way Judy stated it, but, I think that is most likely true....that a certain amount of forgetting needs to happen in order to heal from the pain. That makes sense to me.  Otherwise, we probably coudn't stand it. 
I'm so thrilled that you have been able to open your heart again to these two deserving little souls!   Donnalee
Quote 0 0
GrievingGinger
Quirks, that's interesting about abandoned kittens biting.  I'm curious if that is why my two bite too!  They don't really lick one another or me, instead they bite, although a lot more gentle now.  I don't know if the mom was around when these two were found so I think they were abandoned too.

Judy, Thank you for reminding me that I will never lose the love for her.  You are right.  Even though I have a hard time remembering Twilight, he is still in my heart!  I guess you never really lose that part of them.

DonnaLee, you are a very compassionate person.  You and everyone else here helped me so much, words cannot express my thankfulness.  I think Judy is right too.  You do need to forget some things in order to move on.  It's like breaking up with a lover, you have to forget the good in order to heal.  I guess the same is said for grieving a loved one.  And as time passes, you start to replace old memories with new ones thus that is why it is hard to remember the old ones too.

Anyways, I'm still around.  I just havent had much to say.  Just trying to cope with the grief and adjust to the new kittens.  But I'm still around :)
Quote 0 0
bodukesmom
Hi Ginger,
             Im so sorry you had to lose your special kitty that way. Sometimes life seems so unfair.  I think its easy to blame ourselves when accidents happen. My little dog was blind and got hit in front of our house a month ago.
We were very close. I have been going through the same feelings as you. Blaming myself and wishing she had run me over instead. But its not your fault. Tragedies happen to all of us. Please dont blame yourself. Your pet wouldnt want you to be unhappy. I believe there is a loving God who sent Angels to pick up your kitty and take her home. She is happy and safe in heaven. Waiting for you to come home someday to her. Remember the good times. Your kitty was special and so was the loving bond you shared with her. No one can take that from you.
Quote 0 0
otto12
Hello GG! Im so happy to hear that everything is working out with your kittys. I also have a new kitty in the house, he has really brought so much joy to us and our other cat and he has become so good friends and Im so happy about that cause I know he has been missing Jalle so much. I know what you mean about being afraid of forgetting things about our furbabies that have passed, I feel the same way. Sometimes it feels like a million years since I have seen him and sometimes I dont remeber how he smelled or felt like. But I know he is forever in my heart and that one day we will meet again.

I hope it has gotten easier for you I know what you have gone through cause we both lost our cats in such a tragic way. It has been so many painful, heartbreaking months the pain has been so intense that at times I have wonderd if I will ever get through this. But we have no choice life has to go on.Take care GG you are often in my thoughts and just knowing that there is someone else out there who is going through the same thing (even if she is on the other side of the world) has helped me so much!
Quote 0 0