GabesMom
I am finding sleep really hard. I can't get Gabe out of my mind. If I sleep, I have to wake up and he isnt here. There is no grumpy dog walking through the kitchen while I fill up the coffee pot. There is no beautiful nose sniffing the world in my garden. And no Gabriel jumping on my bed after he has finished in the garden, to play a game of my paws are stronger than your paws' when he would push me playfully with his two front paws so I would push him back.  I have never experienced anything like this pain. Will it ever get any better?

2013-04-05 15.16.55.jpg    
Gabe's Mom
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Gabes mum,  it will get better but it takes time. To have had such a loving companion in your life, then to lose that is so, so tough.  Everyday life feels so empty right now, its that loss of routine - having someone to look after, expecting to see them there in the usual place. This pain is a testament to how very much you loved Gabe, I thought that when I lost my Jim 11 weeks ago that I would never ever get through it, but with the kindness and caring people on this site I am slowly coming to terms with his loss. 
 Its more like learning to live with the loss of our best friends - I still find myself crying, but not all the time now - I realise how very lucky I was to have had him in my life at all, and what a beautiful life he had - just like Gabe, he was loved and cared for, and they give us so much back in return, just total unconditional love. 
      Sending you peace and hugs, Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I know how hard it is. I often feel as you do. Will this ever get better. I went to the vet today to donate some food I still had from sadies special diet. I was so sad walking in there. Then this beautiful Australian Shepard puppy named buzz came over to me and wiggled and kissed me and made me smile. Alittle Ray of Hope that maybe it will get better. I wish you peace. I wish us all some peace.
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Dear GabesMom

I don't know where you are but it's late here too - England. You are bound to feel this way. I know exactly what you mean about having to wake up and he is not there. The home is silent and every room feels empty. There are memories everywhere to haunt and torment us. I swear sometimes I can sense Spike behind me chancing his luck some food will come his way but I turn and he's not there. Then I cry.
I am sure it will get better but it is not going to happen tomorrow or the next day. The love we have for our boys is enduring. Grief is enduring too but it will lessen in time and our wonderful memories wil remain.

Sending you a huge virtual hug and 2 paw push.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
gabe's mom, what a beautiful boy Gabriel is and I too still have some sleepless nights where my heart was just so heavy in grief over roxie's passing that it hurt so much.  plus, waking would mean roxie wasn't there to wake me, help me get ready for the day and then do whatever we needed to do.  I think the hurt just lessens but stays as that constant reminder that we mere humans loved creatures that returned nothing but that unconditional love only our fur-babies could give to us.  truthfully I can say if it weren't for this site and the absolutely extraordinary people going through the same emotions I was (still am but not as bad) that i'm not sure i'd have gotten to the point where I am right now in accepting new daily routines are evolving for all of us.  there are good days now along with those alright days and the days where the tsunamis hit me over and over again and all we can do is take each day as it comes to us when we open our eyes.  Gabriel is across the bridge playing with new friends but in spirit he has not travelled that far from where you are and he can still hear everything you say to him; hear whenever you talk about him and sees you since he is still around you...as are all our loved companions.  when you miss him so much that you can't seem to bear it, still quietly and look deep into your heart hon.  that is the place where Gabriel left his love for you for your safekeeping much in the same way he took the love you gave him in his heart with him for his safekeeping.  you will both see each other again and never again separated.  glad you found this forum but wish we all could have been here for a much happier reason than the passing of our dearest friends.  many many hugs to you
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0