Allicat Show full post »
TabithasDaddy
She was. She just tended to gravitate towards anyone, cat, human, even a dog once, that seemed to need a friend. Taking on a new baby, and one who needs so much love, may help a lot. I unfortunately can't do that right now as we still have 4 other cats. A new one now would cause an uproar.

Good luck with your new baby, he's a cutie.
Quote 0 0
Allicat
chicagocats wrote:
The therapist at grief counseling said "some people can't think about getting a new animal when they are grieving the loss of their beloved and some people can't get through the grief without the love and help of a new animal." Everyone is different and finds their own path. Carma helped me when her brother Gus passed. Now that Carma is gone and my house is empty, I have been spending time volunteering at the shelter.
You've given this little orange tabby a home and a life in which he will be loved. He will return all of that to you with happiness and healing.

Volunteering sounds like a great idea! Who knows, maybe you might connect with a special animal. I wish you luck with that. I feel as if I'm a mix of those feelings. I couldn't imagine having another pet and creating a strong bond, but at the same time the house was empty and I felt so lonely...Thank you, I hope so! :)
Quote 0 0
Allicat
Trajan50 wrote:

It's nice that you liberated another furbaby....we can never really replace the loved ones lost, but it gives great satisfaction helping out shelter animals like you did.  Good for you.

I agree! He spent so much time there it makes me sad thinking about it. I miss Taurus every day, but I hope her 11 years were good ones...I hope I can give Tso many good years too. He's only one, so I hope I have a lot of time with him. Thank you!
Quote 0 0
Allicat
TabithasDaddy wrote:
She was. She just tended to gravitate towards anyone, cat, human, even a dog once, that seemed to need a friend. Taking on a new baby, and one who needs so much love, may help a lot. I unfortunately can't do that right now as we still have 4 other cats. A new one now would cause an uproar.

Good luck with your new baby, he's a cutie.

That's so sweet. Taurus was not too fond of people. She was only close to me and my mom. She gave us so much love though. You have a large cat family! It must be a blast having so many and all of the love you get :). Thank you very much. I'm hoping over time he'll become less anxious when I go near him or give him affection. He lets me brush him a little, and sleeps by my feet at bedtime. Hopefully he can recover from what he went through since he's still very young!
Quote 0 0
Ell99
Dear alicat. I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Taurus. I certainly understand how you feel. I've been 5 months now and although the tears have stopped the sadness us still heavy. I also read the replies and it's comforting to know that there are genuine people on here who understand your pain., sadly our best friend cannot live forever and we wish things could be the way they were. We all have to take one day at a time through this horrible experience. I know I will never be the same but have to keep trying. Sending big hugs. We all feel this way. Hang in there.elle.
Quote 0 0
Winlove

chicagocats wrote:
The therapist at grief counseling said "some people can't think about getting a new animal when they are grieving the loss of their beloved and some people can't get through the grief without the love and help of a new animal."

This is certainly true, and it was difficult because I'm the first one and my husband was the second one.

I just want to say, I deal with depression too and losing my Winnie back in March really elevated it and brought it to light. I have yet to get the real help I need but I don't know how to make myself do it.

I did talk to a counselor a couple times. I know you said you couldn't go to anyone, but I know that a lot of SPCA organizations, and humane societies, have free support groups that meet once a month. You could try to go to one, do a google search for your local one or search for free pet loss support groups. It could be a good resource for you. Just a suggestion.

Quote 0 0
Allicat
Ell99 wrote:
Dear alicat. I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Taurus. I certainly understand how you feel. I've been 5 months now and although the tears have stopped the sadness us still heavy. I also read the replies and it's comforting to know that there are genuine people on here who understand your pain., sadly our best friend cannot live forever and we wish things could be the way they were. We all have to take one day at a time through this horrible experience. I know I will never be the same but have to keep trying. Sending big hugs. We all feel this way. Hang in there.elle.

Thank you very much! I'm sorry for your loss as well. It'll be a month for me in 5 days. I still miss her every day though. I'm glad there are so many nice people here including you! I appreciate your kind words. Hang in there too! Sending hugs back :)
Quote 0 0
Allicat
Winlove wrote:

This is certainly true, and it was difficult because I'm the first one and my husband was the second one.

I just want to say, I deal with depression too and losing my Winnie back in March really elevated it and brought it to light. I have yet to get the real help I need but I don't know how to make myself do it.

I did talk to a counselor a couple times. I know you said you couldn't go to anyone, but I know that a lot of SPCA organizations, and humane societies, have free support groups that meet once a month. You could try to go to one, do a google search for your local one or search for free pet loss support groups. It could be a good resource for you. Just a suggestion.

I'm sorry about Winnie and what you're going through. I've been really depressed too. I've talked to my doctor about it and that helped me feel better. Hopefully over time I can find a therapist. I'll look into it though. Thank you :)
Quote 0 0
Allicat
Today has been kinda up and down. I miss Taurus so much still. I miss her every day though...Tso and I are starting to get closer I think? We play every day. He sleeps at the end of my bed every night even if it's just a cat nap. Lets me kiss him on the head sometimes even though he still gets scared as he's not completely socialized. I brush him and he tries to nuzzle my legs as if he's saying "Hey! Let me brush you too!" I've had him for almost 3 weeks as of tomorrow. I went to the doctors today for a physical. Everything was fine, but the doctor made me get bloodwork done to see if I have an overactive thyroid. I don't have any symptoms...? I've had weight loss from my depression, but it happens. Also I've been a wreck since I lost Taurus so that doesn't help...The doctor doesn't think I should worry, but I'm scared...I don't want to hear bad news! Illnesses terrify me, plus I'm just twenty one...

Sorry if I sound as if im talking too much about myself...I just really need to vent. Here's a picture of Tso and his pretty purple eyes to end this post on a decent note :)
Quote 0 0