Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Meegri

Reply with quote  #16 
Symphonika,

Sending you a huge hug - Ollie is perfect.  Your words are perfect.

Until I lost a dog, I had no idea it was possible to cry for 24 straight hours.

Wishing you peace,

Meg
Gmr

Reply with quote  #17 
What a wonderful post. I cried reading it as I know your pain right now. Ollie was so deeply loved. He is beautiful! I too feel the same things and the same emotions that you do. I pray for strength and comfort for you. Hugs. Gwen
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #18 

Dear Symphonika,

Ollie was a beautiful boy! And your beautiful, heartfelt, touching and very poignant letter to Ollie was wonderfully written and very moving and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories with all of us here on the forum of regarding your boy and your special relationship with him. Now we know of him too!

Hugs,
James
Gucci

Reply with quote  #19 
Symphonika - Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful and moving letter to your beloved Ollie, the boy of your heart. My tears flowed for both of you. You 2 were in a golden circle of mutual rapport and unconditional love and acceptance.

We here know that nothing is ever the same after we lose our dear animal companions. Sending you warmest sympathies and support.
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #20 
Hi Symphonika,

I just read your beautiful letter to Ollie and I keep looking at his handsome photo.  I am overwhelmed with the love and devotion you two had for each other.  I am so deeply sorry for your loss and understand completely how devastated you are.  I too had to make that horrible decision for my sweet girl last July 2018.  It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  I also vowed to stay with her through her passing and, as she was small (only 15 lbs), I held her as she passed.  She, like Ollie was so happy and seemingly healthy until just a few weeks before her terminal cancer diagnosis that left her unable to urinate. My heart shattered when I heard the diagnosis, but I knew I could not let her suffer and would be with her until the end.

Your pain and loss is so fresh and I completely understand why the holidays hold no joy for you.  Take your time to grieve your terrible loss and if you do not feel like celebrating, don't feel pressured to do so.  I also felt pressure to stop grieving from my family and finally found support through this forum. In truth everyone's journey through loss is different and there is no time limit on grieving.   Ollie, like so many who are lovingly remembered on this forum, was not just a dog; he was family, friend and devoted partner.  He lived the ultimate life of being a true companion and loved with all of his being and was deeply loved in return.  Sometimes my heart breaks for pets who never feel this kind of devotion from their family.  Just know that Ollie had the very best life with you and he will always be with you.

With kindness,

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.