rosies_mom
One month ago today on 9/11 my Rosie was put to sleep.  Her injury was sudden, hind leg paralysis due to a slipped disc. The surgery ended up causing myelomalacia, when the spine starts to slowly die and cannot be reversed.  That was the week from hell.  

I struggle every day with disbelief...how could she be fine one moment, and a week later, here ashes are sitting on a shelf?!?  every day i shake my fist at God....Rosie was innocent, loving, perfect...how could she suffer so much?  WHY????  She did not deserve her fate!!!

As I type this, I weep uncontrollably.  I am alone now.  Rosie was my only comfort.  

This life is truly unfair.  
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Rosie was adorable! We will never find or know the reason why god decides o take our companions from us. Just like you I think how could my little man be walking and be fine on Thursday and then pass the following Wednesday. Find comfort in her memories, it's not easy and I cry every single day but we have to try to move on. Rosie would not want you to be suffering right now.
Thinking of you
LM's mom
Quote 0 0
mcianchette
Our sweet Winston was mobile and energetic for 14+ years, then declined suddenly with an auto-immune issue that caused him to go blind in 3 weeks.  While the research says that "they can adjust to blindness", we chose to let him go because he would have hated the limitation of blindness.  Worst 3 weeks of my life.  In my good moments, of which there are few these days, I have to remember that Winston's time with us was simply a part of his eternal journey.  He entered into our lives and filled us to the brim with love and companionship, we have honored him by letting him go at a time that was best for him - and he now deserves to have us remember him fondly and happily.  I struggle every day with this notion but it is what he deserves.  May Rosie continue to comfort you with her spirit...she would want you to have peace in your life.  Martha 
Quote 0 0
rosies_mom
Hi LM's Mom, your baby is so adorable.  Thank you for your kind words.  
Hi Martha, as you said Rosie "deserves to have us remember her fondly and happily."  These are true words. thank you for your wisdom during this hard time.  May Winston, LM, and Rosie be full of joy and happiness in heaven.  
-Rosie's mom
Quote 0 0
Kiril
I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. The pain and grief and losing someone you love feel too cruel and unfair. I lost my beloved Kiril to a speeding car 6 days ago and it has torn apart my heart. He meant so much to my family and I. Rosie is so beautiful. What was Rosie's personality like? What were her favorite things? For me it helps to talk about Kiril when he was alive, thinking of his passing hurts too much.
Quote 0 0
patent123
Rosie- What happened to our girls really is unfair.  Its such an awful way to say goodbye.  Their eyes still full of life but their body no longer in good shape.  I to thought the same thing how cruel and unfair life was doing what it did to my FC.  People always say things happen for a reason but I don't see any good reason for this happening to them.  I still struggle with the shock of everything that happened.  I find it hard to believe that my girl is gone.  I never imagined it happening not so soon.  I share your pain and know how you feel.  I'm starting to feel my girl by my side lately.  It brings a lot of comfort to me and its a feeling I really can't explain.  Just know I'm sure Rosies spirit is by your side just like my FC's is.  Since they left us on the same day for the same injuries I'm sure they crossed paths on their journey to the after life....just like we have on this forum.  

Just know our friends are always with us.  It may not be in person anymore but in spirit they are. 
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Rosie is a beautiful soul.  I know your pain.  Has only been 2 weeks and 5 days since my Dali Lhasa was taken from me, much too young.  I feel just as you do and know it will go on and on.  I have a hard time functioning.  I feel totally alone now, even when people are around.  I went to the mall and walked around.  Can't bring myself to spend money..  WHY? ...  Dali didn't need anything and didn't ask for anything.  Never even let me know how she must have hurt.  I feel so guilty.

You are not alone.  There are many like us on this site.  It is hard to offer comfort when you are grieving so, but I wish you peace.  People tell me to write about Dali, talk to her, sing to her...and I do.  I cry every day.  To think such love was in my life and I took it for granted at times.  Losing a pet can be worse than losing a human person.  I have lost many of those, but my Dali has affected me much more.  People don't understand, but I do, as do you.  So hard not to go walk with her, feed her, hold her.  Our pets give us more than anything else ever could.

I wish peace and healing, until you meet Rosie at the bridge.  She'll be waiting  But until then, she is still with you, as my Dali is.  Feel her presence, smell her scent.  Our animals would want us to remember them happily, as that was their mission in life....to make us happy.  Hard to do right now, but I am confident it will come.  Life is so unfair, but I try to just treasure what was given to me for such a short time

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
rosies_mom
Kiril, Patent123, and Dalidog,  you are all such wonderful souls, thank you for your kind words....yes, i find comfort in knowing that others out there know exactly what i am feeling! and yes, losing a beloved animal is the same as losing a child. my Rosie was as loved as my daughter. Rosie depended on me and trusted me implicitly, as Kiril, Fairchild, and Dali did all of you.  it IS a pure love, my love for Rosie....i can truly say that my love for Rosie and Rosie's love for me was perfect, true perfection...which compounds the loss 500 fold.  yes, i have loved humans, but there is something so pure in the love one has for their pet child.  it's hard to articulate.  
every night before i go to sleep i beg God to bring Rosie to me in my dream, just so i can hold her once again...last night she came to me! she was not black, she was a rusty color. but it was her....we played together and i held her close once again!  i thought to myself, "they must have dyed you this lovely color, it suits you, Rosie, you're beautiful no matter your color!"  when i woke up, i basked in that fleeting happiness....
Dali's mom, some days you just have to take it a minute at a time....put one foot in front of the other...i know it is difficult at times not to dwell on Dali's last moments, but try to think on the fun and joyous times.  Someone on here said that our cherished fur babies deserve for us to remember them in their happier times, not in their pain.  This makes sense to me, and this week i have been pushing out of my mind those memories from her last week.  sometimes they enter my mind involuntarily, and i have to push them out and say, "Rosie, I am gonna choose to remember the times you would wake me up in the morning and push your nose to my lips to give you kisses!" and i think on that...
Patent123, it's funny but i feel as if Rosie is with me every time i see a butterfly! in her final hours, we were looking out the window at a beautiful garden and many butterflies came in to greet us...i told Rosie, "From now on, when I see butterflies, I know it will be you, reaching out to me, greeting me with your beauty and love."  and i have seen an abundance of butterflies since her passing...even my neighbor remarked, "I have never seen so many butterflies here before!"  I know it's Rosie's spirit, reaching out to me.....next time i see one, I will tell Rosie that Fairchild's family loves her and misses her!!!

Kiril, thank you for your kind words about Rosie!! :))  she was a sweet soul and everyone loved her!  i we used to go to a coffee shop close to my place that would allow dogs to come in...the barista was a rough looking motorcycle gang member with scary tattoos on his face...every one was afraid of him, as he struck an intimidating figure...well, Rosie really loved him and he loved Rosie...when we came in, he'd come over to Rosie and hold her...she loved it....another guy who works in the tattoo shop would come over and call Rosie his girlfriend, he really bonded with her...she touched many people's lives...she was so loved and she loved others tremendously...she was an exceptional dog, hands down.  intuitive and always anticipating my mood or actions...when i would cut up romaine lettuce, she would come running because i always gave here the center,and she so loved it! and she'd always try to steal my socks and my neighbor's socks....the other day i was walking around the courtyard of my apartment complex and i found one of the socks she buried.....i still see her everywhere....
tell me about Kiril!  what are your fondest memories of your sweet child?  
hugs to you all <3
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Your post really touched me Rosie's mom.  Rosie is an exceptional soul.  I truly believe she is still with you and comes to you with butterflies.  She is free and happy, but always a part of you.  You have exceptional courage.  I am trying so hard to think of only the good times, but it is so fresh in my mind and hurts so much each time I come in the door and look for her.  Tonight I went walking (as I used to take her) and sang to her and talked to her as if she was walking with me.  Tears were streaming down my face when I got home.  I truly felt her with me.  I sleep with her pillow and I hope each night that she comes to me in my dreams as your dear Rosie has to you.  There are pets and then there are exceptional pets, ones who are really a part of you and meant to be with you.  Your Rosie was such, as was Dali.  I have had many other pets, but none affected me like her.   There were many times I would not go on vacation because I didn't want to leave her behind.  She was never in a kennel, never even at a groomer (I groomed her).  The only night of her life that she spent away from family was one night at the vets in Feb 2014 when she had surgery and they kept her overnight.  I drove by that night and talked to her (I know she heard me even though the office was closed, she could feel my presence).  I know our closeness made it that much harder when she went to Rainbow Bridge.  It is good to know I am not alone, although I feel so lonely.  My heart cries out for Dali.  I loved your story about the coffee shop.  And never heard of a dog who loved the center of lettuce!!!!!  You took great care of her, or should I say she took great care of you.  I always say Dali let me live with her.  I thought I was taking care of her, but now I realize it was the other way around.  SHE took care of me...and I miss that.  Am sure your Rosie is with my Dali now as all the animals of Rainbow Bridge and they probably don't understand why we are so sad.  But they are always smarter than us.  Happy dreams....  Dali's mom

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0
rosies_mom
Hi Dali's mom,
Yes, i can totally relate to how you are feeling!  Those first two weeks are without a doubt the hardest in existence. yes, the pain is raw and fresh right now.  there is no way out but through it. be very gentle with yourself in these days...we are in a very delicate state, very fragile...please drink lots of water...the tears do dehydrate us. just take tremendous care of yourself...if not for you, then for Dali.
I, too, have walked the path Rosie and I would walk in the mornings, but now i walk it after dark so no one would see the tears streaming down my face....
your Dali is so so blessed to have you, what a great mom you are.  i agree, our babies did take care of us, which is why our hearts are breaking. these exceptional beings live on in our love and memory.  
if you can, post pics of your beloved Dali.  
in kindness and care, 
Rosie's mom 
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thank you so much for those kind words.  I have a picture book full of pics of my Dali, but haven't been able to bring myself to open it yet.  I know the breakdown would be terrible.  I will soon, I want everyone to see how beautiful my Dali is.  I always kept her hair up in a ponytail on top to keep it out of her face.  I passed the bows in the store last week and almost stopped to pick one out, then had to leave the store before I cried. 
I feel I am the one blessed to have had her.  Our babies are pure love, they love us no matter what and I never realized that until it was too late.  I did my best to take care of her and everyone always knew Dali would be with me if I went somewhere. There are many people in my family I haven't told that she is no longer here, I can't bring myself to do that.  If/when they ask, I will tell them.
I hope you are doing okay since Rosie went to the bridge and taking care of yourself.  I am trying.  This wasn't the weight loss plan I envisioned, but I have lost about 15 pounds.  I am eating a little now because I got sick last week, but not enough to matter.  NO appetite.  It isn't about me, it is about my Dali who is not here. 
Things will never be the same

Until we meet again

Quote 0 0