Leahbeahis
Well I survived the first week of raw grief since last Friday when my little girl, Lucy was torn from life. It does help to try and focus on the good times she had and the life I could provide for her, rather than the awful memory of finding her dead, holding her lifeless body, and the guilt. I got a card from the emergency vet I had taken her to and they included a piece of card stock with her paws on it. I can't believe how amazing it felt to see my baby's beautiful paws in art form.

When you experience a sudden, unexpected death, you don't have time to think of these things. Everything happens so fast and you have to make quick decisions. I'm so thankful to have received that gift, and I will cherish it forever.

Tonight is yet another lonely night without her, so I'll cuddle with one of her favorite toys. I still can't believe she's gone. No whine at the door when I come home, no bark at the vacuum, no one attacking my guests, and no cuddle buddy. Life sure is empty without pets.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Coopster75
I'm sorry for your loss. Lucy looks a real cutie. I lost my cooper just before 1am on Tuesday. He was 6 and it was a very short and fast illness which he died from. He was only 6 and 24 hrs earlier he was running in the park. It's so sudden. We are in shock.

I feel for you as I am having trouble coming to terms with it. Cooper was such a cool funny beautiful dog and I've had dogs before but he was different. My vet also gave me a paw print and some of his fur.

I work from home and he was my only reason most days for leaving the house where I'd walk him in woodlands for at least an hour. I've spent the last 3 days in the house.

My friends have told me to go out and rescue another. Cooper was a rescue at 6 months old. He was a little devil for his first 8 months we had him and destroyed everything. Then he grew into an amazing adult dog.

I like you will cherish the card my vet gave me. I know my words won't help you but want to say you aren't alone. It is tough but that's testament to how much we loved them xx
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I love looking at pictures of other people's fur babies. Cooper looks like he has such a warm heart and lots of soul, you can see it in his eyes. Thank you for rescuing him, I love hearing stories like that. Many animals get put to sleep because no one will take them.

I know how hard it is to think your dog is in great health and then the next minute there seems to be a crisis. It would be difficult getting that diagnosis without knowing how it got there. There's no way you could've prevented it.

I too thought of rescuing an old chihuahua. I'm a sucker for the ones with one eye or just two legs. The pain of losing Lucy is too intense right now, but maybe some day I'll open my heart again. No dog could ever replace her.

Take care of yourself, do what's best for your healing process. I pray for peace and comfort to everyone here.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
Tomorrow will be my first week without Benni. I know how you're hurting. Lucy was so cute and adorable. After rescuing Benni, I became so in love with all dogs. She loved you so much, you can see it in the pictures. We lost our babies in a similar way and I can not get the image out of my head of finding him. Benni was a silly lil boy, I've been away from home since I lost Benni because I'm so scared to feel the emptiness of it. Will no longer hear his lil nails tapping on the wood floors and his running up and down the hall to bark at the other dogs on walks. Tomorrow I have to return home and I'm dreading it. He would sleep under the covers against my back every night and he waited patiently for me to wake up in the morning for his walk. I always shared stories of him with everyone at work, and we'd all laugh. Sometimes I would even miss a day of work just to have movie marathon day with him on the sofa under covers. He loved those days. I'm so sorry you lost your lil Lucy and I lost Benni. It was in such a tragic way, too. Their little hearts were over filled with all the love and joy we have given them and that's enough for them to hold onto until we get to be reunited with them. I believe that, because I have to, because I am fighting everyday to get on without my lil love. Talk about Lucy often and share her pictures. When I get back home, I'm printing some pictures of Benni and I also have a print of his paws and nose I can frame. Hugs to you and I give you all my support. And I will keep you and Lucy in my prayers.
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Thank you Lilimarie! That's how Lucy slept with me too. It does feel very empty without a little chihuahua running around. Lucy would follow me everywhere I went and would stare at me intensely unless I was holding her. I still have her bed where it was left and it makes me sad not to see her looking back at me. You will find that sometimes you forget that Benni is gone and for a second you could swear you saw him, felt him, or heard him. Sometimes you get a sign if you're lucky. You're right, they are very spunky and mischievous. Benni and Lucy were doing what they always do, they didn't mean for this to happen. Benni sounds like such a sweet little guy. Lucy would love the lazy days where we would just cuddle, nap, and eat. Hopefully Benni and Lucy are playing/sleeping/cuddling with all of the other fur babies, waiting for our time to come to them and to come home together. I will pray for Benni, Lucy, and all of the other fur babies people have lost here.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0