jadedreams
I can't believe it has been just over a month since I had to let my 22 year old cat Riley go.  And it will be four weeks Monday since I suddenly loss my boy Harry to kidney disease.  Missing my 2 boys, they were such special cats.  I miss them begging for food in the morning, I miss then welcoming me when I come home and I especially miss them cuddling with me while I slept at night.  As soon I laid down Riley would come running to lay on my chest and tuck his head under my chin.  And Harry would sneak up some time during the night and lay on my pillow with his head against my ear.

I have had good days and bad days.  Some nights I sleep well, a lot I don't.   I think sometimes I have been able to get past the guilt, but then it just up and hits me.

My 2 dogs Shadow & Skyla are a comfort, my dear little girl Swishy has been missing her feline buddies and has taken to laying on me at night, something she rarely did before.  I try to keep busy at work and at home, try to see family and friends but it's just hard sometimes.

I'm hope that this eases with time, I've lost furbabies before but this time is especially hard.

Jade
Quote 0 0
William
Hi
I'm so sorry for the two losses you've suffered so close together.
It's a big adjustment to the life change we had with our babies. I've never felt this kind of pain in my life.
These emotions will circulate for a long time. Sometimes you get a good day and then it seems out of nowhere it's back to the full blown pain and sadness.
I just passed the 4 month mark of putting William my 14 year old daschund down. Last week I did feel some shift in the " heaviness" I was carrying. I still cry and I talk to him all the time. So, I guess there is some settling into my new life without him. But, my life has changed forever.

I do understand your pain. There are no words to make this any easier. It's a journey we all have to travel because we loved so deeply.
Do the best you can.
❤️💕❤️
Kim
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
So very sorry for your loss. 22 is very old but it's still too soon and too short of a life! I am sorry you lost 2 so close together. It's terribly hard.

Hugs to you!

Lisa
Quote 0 0
Monty13
It must have been so hard to let Riley go after 22 years. That is a very long time to be together and then to lose Harry such a short time ago. I'm sorry for your losses. I hope you will be able to find comfort knowing you gave them good lives and loved them although it is so painful right now! It's so nice that your other babies are trying to stay close. It shows how much they love you. Take good care!
Monty
Quote 0 0