Thea
6 months today since I lost my precious Kitty. It seems like only yesterday we took that terrible ride to the vet. 

I am at work at the moment and am finding it very difficult to to do anything. The minister was here earlier; he hardly ever comes in to the church on a Thursday morning! I think he was sent here. He sat with me while I cried on his shoulder for a few minutes and then he said a prayer for me and My Sweet Kitty.  

Oh, how I miss My Sweet, Sweet Kitty.  SAM_0031.JPG 

Quote 0 0
chipperboy
It is so difficult to transition to a life without our sweet companions. Hang in there. As each day passes, the pain gradually turns into sweet memories. I promise.

We are here to help too. Just let us know when you need us.
Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
Thea
Hi Chipper's Mom.
Thank you for your kind words. 

It feels like my heart will never heal. I loved that little cat so much; she was so deep in my heart that when she passed, she took half of it with her and the remaining half is all bent and broken.

I come here often. It does help me when I read other people's posts.

Quote 0 0
LauraandBob42516
Thea,
It has been almost six months since I lost my boy Bob. He was such a special cat. He was a Manx and could jump really high. He talked all the time. I am hurting so bad. We have such an empty space when they are gone. I wonder how long it will hurt. Your little one is so cute. I know how you feel with your loss. It has gotten better. I think we will always miss them. Hang in there and we will walk this journey together.

Blessings to you.
Laura
LauraandBob
Quote 0 0
Thea
Hi Laura

I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Bob. 

I hope that the pain does ease; it is so difficult for me here at home. My Sweet Kitty was a presence in almost every room in the house so no matter where I am in the house, there is always a memory of her. When things get really tough then I go sit in the kitchen with my crochet work. It is the only room that My Kitty didn't go into (her choice) so I can sit in there and put thoughts of her to one side for a short while. That sounds terrible, putting thoughts of her to one side! She is never far from my mind but at least I can sit in the kitchen and gather myself. 
The worst part of the day for me is in the evening once the supper dishes are washed. I sit on the bed and watch tv or crochet and my partner sits at the computer to catch up on his emails. Every night for thirteen years, My Kitty Sweet would come and sit on my lap and 'help' me crochet. Now, I sit and crochet on my own. I keep looking towards the door waiting for her to walk in and greet me with her funny little 'mra'. I wake up in the night and listen for the sound of her footsteps in the passage. When I walk past our bedroom door, I look into the room from the corner of my eye in the hopes of catching a glimpse of her lying in her spot on the bed. 

My Sweet Kitty, I miss you so much. 

Quote 0 0