ForMyCalypso Show full post »
ForMyCalypso
Exactly Mick. Sorry about your baby.

I am going back and forth it seems. One terrible day of full on active grief and the next day is almost normal and so forth.

Coming home is so hard.

I spend a lot more time in my garden now to avoid the reality I guess as she was an indoor cat. But she is part of my garden now. I planted a little flower patch for her, and there is a beautiful marker with "if love could have saved you, you would have lived forever"

I never heard that quote before coming to this forum. Isn't it so perfect?

Janet
Sorry about your baby as well.
I wish you strength as you collect his remains. It was so very difficult for me.
Will you have a funeral?
Diane, pet parent of
Calypso- my most true love/princess/mama kitty.. (July 2018)
Patrick- my sweet boy (June 2013)
Clover- my pookie bear (May 2001)

I love you all and miss you, always
"Youth's like diamonds in the sun
And diamonds are forever.."

Quote 0 0
ForMyCalypso
Does anyone know how to make pictures tiny enough to fit the site requirements? :( I'd love to have pictures of her up.
Diane, pet parent of

Quote 0 0
Zoebeanmom
msweet13 wrote:
Dearest Diane - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Calypso. In the scheme of things, 3 weeks is not such a long time when you have suffered the loss of your furbaby. It has been 21 weeks since I lost my precious Brutus and I am still a wreck. I know exactly how you are feeling with respect to having emotion and physical ailments. I think the need to do something drastic to help ease the pain of the loss is so intense that it causes us to not have an appetite, not be able to sleep and yes can even bring on hives, chest pains, etc. You relate it to swimming in a whirlpool--I likened it to sinking in quick sand--the more you struggle, the deeper you sink. What I have found is that the wonderful people on this forum all have an understanding of losing a furbaby--no matter how different the circumstances are, the grief process is very similar. You have a place to go to tell your story and the story of your precious Calypso when the time is right. Take your time. We are all here, ready to lend a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Quote 0 0
Zoebeanmom
I never realized the stress,lack of sleep and hives were related to my 24/7 unconditional love for her,the hives are going away,the worst part is how much I miss being her Mommy and did I do the right thing? I got a call today from my ex groomer asking if I would consider a 9yr old poodle that the family can`t keep....wtf?? I feel like"how dare she" insensitive?  but maybe Zoe would want me to be a caregiver for another elder in her position,I would never love it like I loved her for an entire lifetime but for a couple years and not get attached?? Thoughts please.Thanks
Quote 0 0
LynnCDM
Zoebeanmom...I lost my 17 year old dog 3 months ago. I have been saddened and shocked by some of the comments I’ve gotten from people. I think my friends and family, that have said insensitive things, mean well.. they just don’t really understand. Over the last three months I’ve learned who I can lean on and who I can’t. I can see why her comment felt insensitive.... I would feel the same. As far as considering helping that dog or any other... timing is key. You may not be ready yet... only you can answer that... everyone is different. I watched my girlfriends dog a month after my Sugar died and even that was hard. You will know when the time is right. It is probably best not to rush it. 💜
Quote 1 0
Zoebeanmom
Thank you,it`s so raw right now,I love all animals ,none of them matter as much as she did or ever will but this hole in my heart is so painful,I dreamed about her every night before she died,now I haven`t had even one with her in it...why isn`t she in my dreams anymore? I don`t expect you to know the answer. 
Quote 0 0
LynnCDM
I know I haven’t been sleeping well so I’m not sure if I’m dreaming as much or remembering my dreams. Sugar was only in one dream since she passed... I dreamed she was alive and was going to be ok.. which made me wake up feeling very sad... since she is not alive. 🙁
Quote 0 0
Jmtcn
Boy isn’t it true with the physical symptoms! I have hip pain, a UTI and my eyes broke blood vessels so I look like a freak since my 18 yr old cat died a month ago! I haven’t had anything but a cold since 2005 and now I’m a mess. My husband insists that we’re not getting another pet but he’s not an animal lover like I am. At some point I will get another pet and I will be human again. So sorry for for your grief. I know how it feels but I just didn’t know it would be this bad.
Quote 0 0
ForMyCalypso
I don't dream about Calypso. Or I haven't yet anyway.

I went grocery shopping today and my chest hurt the whole time.. because it's so hard to leave home now without kissing her goodbye and telling her when I'll be home. It's so hard to come back home and not have her greet me and me say "see, I told you I'd be back"

I wasn't crying all morning until the moment I couldn't have those interactions.

I know that pain is my heartbreak and also the hole she left in me.

The first week she was gone there was a lot going on at our house dealing with construction so I didn't get much time to cry..
This week has been awful, absolutely filled with hours and hours of ugly crying, sadness and loneliness.
All the little noises the house makes.. when will I stop thinking they are her?

I found a lot of pictures of her on an old laptop, and a former partner also sent me a lot of pictures- some I'd never seen.
Working on that project, to save all those photos, I think was therapeutic. I even found videos of her which was wonderful.
I may have actually found pictures small enough to post here!

I miss her so much.

Diane, pet parent of

Quote 0 0
nosunshine36
I'm so sorry for your loss of Calypso! Mourning a beloved pet really is terrible and just very sad.
I don't dream about Sunny; at least I haven't yet. I still find it hard to come home without expecting to see him even though I've adopted another dog whom I love so I understand how that feels, so empty and lonely.
I hope you are able to share your pictures of Calypso!
Blessings!
Sharon
Quote 0 0