MLovesRuby Show full post »
MLovesRuby
Thank you Andrea.  I'm so sorry about Monroe.  I totally understand about her being your fur daughter as I have no kids, so I took care of her as my child.

In the bathroom, there is a corner wall that Ruby would rub against every time she followed me in there.  She would make circles around me and then go to that corner and rub her cheek on it.  Over the years, that corner of the wall has a smudge on it.  Her little face is still smudged on that corner.  I will never wash it.  Every day I touch that smudge with my fingers and then kiss them and tell Ruby how much I miss her and that I love her.  I still cry every day for her.  I hate that she is gone and I hate that I'm getting used to the silence in this house.  It's been 5 weeks by myself and it's so quiet...we used to talk to each other all the time.  My Ruby.....I miss you soo much my baby. 
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Panthermom

That’s something else that Ruby and Max had in common. I would put a house shoe in my bedroom door so that it wouldn’t close all the way. When he would slip through the door he would rub his face on the door jamb as he pushed open the door. There is a dark smudge there. I will never wash it either. There is also a door jamb that he would grab and jump up on and claw with his back claws. It was the funniest thing. The door jamb has scratches all over it. I just remembered this now. My son has been at his dads since Thursday so I’ve been alone in the house. I have cried a lot because there is nothing to distract me. I’m really thinking of adopting another cat because I miss having one so much. I didn’t want to do it so soon because I felt like I would be betraying Max in some way. I just can’t handle this sadness. it is helping me so much having you all to talk to about this. Thank you for being here for me and sharing your stories. 

Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
OH Wow, Panthermom!!!  I'm crying as I'm reading your words!  So many parts of my house has Ruby on them.  Scratches on door jams (what is it with door jams and kitties??!), just like from your Max! 

Nothing to distract me either.  I was always all over Ruby.  I wanted to touch her and feel her fur and nibble on her toes.  She would get quite fed up with me and ignore me when I would call her name as she would sashay away from me!  My little monkey!  But she was super sweet when she wanted cuddles and her nightly massage.  I told her all the time how pretty she was and how perfect her belly smelled.  I was her biggest fan.  She was the greatest roommate, friend, daughter, confidant, and stress release I could have ever wished for.

I too am thinking of another heartbeat in my house.  I know no one will ever be like Ruby.  She was one of a kind.  But I need a companion, and I hope that Ruby will understand.  She never did like other cats, but my hope is that she would be okay with me giving warmth and safety and a full belly to another (or others) in need.  I feed outside babies and I have for years.  I've found homes for 9 cats that I was able to befriend, so if another little one decides it likes me and trusts me, I will gladly give them a chance at a good home.  I love all animals, so if I can make one or more feel safe happy I will do it.  There are so many in need, I have to open my heart and home to another.  And by the sounds of it, you are such a good kitty mum, you too will open your heart too....in your time.
Love & Peace
Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
MLovesRuby

I lost my boy just over a month ago and like you I feed the outside cats and we also love all animals...I am lucky that here in England my garden overlooks woods so we get a fair bit of nature in the garden...that are all fed...the foxes come the same time every night and they love to drag there feeding bowels half way up the garden and that is my first job in the mornings to retrieve the bowl.

No one will ever replace my boy as there will never be another like him...but we would love in time to give another that needs it a home.

Hope you find that heartbeat...and what a lucky heartbeat it will be to have you .

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Panthermom
My son and I added more stones to Max’s grave. I was afraid it would wash away or a wild animal would dig it up. He’s buried in the woods by my sons dads house.
Here is a picture of the path to his grave and his grave after adding the stones.

[image0]

[image1]

Quote 0 0
Panthermom
His headstone reads “if love could have saved you, you would have lived forever. Forever in our hearts”
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Hi Ellen....I'm so sorry you lost your boy.  Your garden sounds magical!!  And how clever those foxes are to bring back their bowls for you to fill up!  Isn't nature spectacular??  I must admit, I like animals more than people.  Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of close friends, but I'm an introvert.  I get my energy from nature.  I find that the pureness of heart of animals leaves me in awe.  And I was in awe of my Ruby.  She had wisdom, and character, and patience, and I was sooo lucky that she loved me.  She was such a gymnast and she made me laugh...and when she saw me laughing, she would get even more silly!  Sometimes I feel that she gave me more than I gave her....but she was spoiled as much could possibly spoil her and I would do it over and over again.  I miss my best friend.

Oh Panthermom....Max's grave is just beautiful!  What a gorgeous place you gave him, just like the gorgeous life you gave him for all those years.  I wish I could give you a big hug!   You and your family loved Max so much and you honored him perfectly!  You have such a big heart!

Peace to all
ox
Michelle
Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
My family understands how you feel more for animals as we are exactly the same...they rely on you and give you unconditional love and we find their love more giving

Our Monty too was so loved and he knew it...when at times he did get a little telling of for being in the kitchen when we were cooking (scared he would get something hot dropped on him) and we would pick him up and put on the sofa and he would totally ignore us and come straight back to the kitchen...so we then would work around him...ha ha...I would do anything to have them times back.

When we rescued Monty we said that he would want for nothing...and he did not...in fact he ruled the house and that is why we miss him so.

Take care Michelle.

Ellen x

Panthermom

The area you have your Max is beautiful...what a wonderful place to go to be with him.

Take Care
 Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0