Sad_mama78
April 03 my baby boy Quentin passed away suddenly from what we believe was a heart attack in his sleep. I’m still in just as much pain and heartache as I was in the day we found him. I’m trying so hard to be strong, knowing he HATED when I was sad or when I cried. I’m also trying to be strong for his 2 sisters. They too have been grieving and it’s hurting me so much not being able to make them understand where he is. They still walk around looking for him. They are not eating as much as they normally do and have also not left my side when I am home. Is anyone else going through this as well with siblings?
Quote 0 0
zakatak
Hi Sad_mama,

I, too, am trying to move forward from a sudden loss.  My 8 month old Great Dane puppy, Duncan, passed away 2 weeks ago from a possible heart attack (no prior warnings or symptoms).  He was fine one minute and gone the next.  We had a normal morning, watched TV together a bit, had lunch, played in the yard.  We came in, he got a little drink, I went back to my office to catch up on some work, he laid down on the couch for his afternoon nap.  A few minutes later, I heard a moan/howl, went running into the living room and he was gone.  There was nothing I could do but scream.  

I don't understand.  I took such good care of him.  He had the best life possible for his short 8 months - just super sucks for those he left behind.

His older "brother", Demo an 8 year old Shepherd went through a loss of my Newfie (9 years old) this past June and now this loss.  :(  

We are a sad family now.  All of us.
Karen

*  Duncan the Dane - taken WAY too soon (7/27/17 - 3/28/18)
*  Missing Dudley the Newf (3/13/08 - 6/12/17)
Quote 0 0
Dhaight71
It's been four days for me and I am just wrecked. I'm so mad at myself. I wish I had more time with her. I feel like I betrayed her. My other dog is very upset. The entire house has been upended. 
Quote 0 0
CK1991
My sympathies to all!
April 3 is still a short time since you lost Quentin. It had to be so shocking to find that he passed so suddenly in his sleep. It's also sad that his sisters are looking for him. I think the only thing you can do is to comfort them and give them some extra attention at this time if this is possible. I'm very sorry for your loss!
Hugs to you
CK
Quote 0 0