JacksMum
Hello everyone
Here I go again, about to lose another precious baby to cancer. Yesterday I took my beagle cross Jack to the vet as he was unwell. Thinking he had again eaten something he shouldn't I expected antibiotics, nausea meds and bland diet. What I got was the news he has a massive tumour on his spleen and there is nothing I can do.
I have opted to send him on his journey tomorrow as the vet can give me no indication of his time left. I know he is ill and unhappy and as much as I want him here, I need to do what's best for Jack.
I am really struggling. I have been through this three times before and it seems to get harder each time. I am a person who loves my animals so much and love having them around but why does it have to hurt so badly?
I know I'll get through it but there are so many people out there who just don't understand. Although I've done this before has anyone got any advice on how to deal with the pain?
Thank you ❤
Quote 0 0
camunki
awww Jacks Mum i am so sorry for what you are going to have to go thru with your Jack, and it is never ever easy, it is one the the hardest, selfless things we can do for our babies.

Cancer does suck, it has taken the lives of my beloved pets in the past, back in 2015 With Daizy and then 11 months later with Munki.

Just be as close to your Jack as you can, hold him, kiss him, let him know he will be ok, even whisper in his ear that "this is not goodbye, but I'll see you in awhile"...i know i've said those words in the past and they have helped. I wish you strength on this path and know you are doing a selfless act for your baby Jack and he will always love you......til you meet again.

(((Hugs from Cam))))

Cam

Quote 1 0
Purzel
Jacks Mum,

All my thoughts are with you - I am so sorry you have to make this hard decision. You make this decision out of pure selfless love towards your sweet Jack, and yes, it is  one of the hardest decisions to make. My heart goes out to you.

I wish you strength. Unfortunately I have no advice how to deal with this tremendeous pain other than to allow it. Know you are not alone - we are all here with you, we will listen and try to give as much comfort as we can.

Hugs
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 1 0
jimmy17
Hi, I am so very sorry to hear about your precious Jack, and for what you are having to go through today.   You are making the decision to take away Jack`s pain and further suffering - and even though it hurts like anything right now, Jack would want to thank you for being strong, and for putting his needs first.  As loving owners, there really is nothing worse than seeing our animals in pain and unhappy - we had to make the same decision almost 28 months ago for our little dog Jim, and as hard as it was, it helped in a little way to know that we were able to free him from illness and old age.  We stayed with him, holding him and talking to him until he slipped peacefully away...        The pain will be enormous - and you are right when you say that some people just don`t understand, which is why this forum is wonderful - I came here just a few days after losing Jim and it really saved my sanity...everyone understands, and you are never alone here.      Take care.

Jackie.
J Taylor
Quote 1 0
catiebee
I'm terribly sorry and I know it hurts so much. I hate that you have to go through this again and my thoughts are with you. I do wish I knew anything that could help your pain other than letting the tears out and talking, writing.  So, so sorry!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 1 0
Stasia
JacksMom,

I wish. I think your subject line says it all. It never gets easier. Not very comforting I know but I think that the only way to get through it is to just let yourself go through it. Does that make sense? I am so sorry for your loss(es). It is so so so hard to lose a pet. There are people who think of animals as "just animals" but a lot us know better and feel much differently. We get it. They become like our children and when they go, it tears us apart. As much as it hurts, you have to let yourself feel it. 
Stasia
Quote 1 0