StefanieFabrizi
Tomorrow we're taking our furry family member Daisy for her last drive ..to the vet. She using the last stage of a nasal tumor. Please send me some encouraging notes! I'm devastated...I havent stopped crying and am running on no sleep in two weeks ...Daisy has been by my side for 13 yrs..she's our baby ..she does everything with us.
It hurts so bad. I'm so lost.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

My Dear Stefanie,

I am so sorry to read your post. My heart is breaking for your beloved Daisy, you & yours. But I am so, so happy that your Daisy's paths crossed when they did all those years ago, and for so many years, she knew love, affection, adoration, care, compassion & comfort. And that she obviously gave you back so much in return. All dogs should be so blessed. And so should all humans. Many have never experienced the unconditional love that you have, in their lifetime.

Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge forum, despite the unfortunate circumstances.This forum is a safe haven for those who face what we are sadly coping with. There are many kind, sympathetic, empathetic, wise and insightful people here, especially the veterans, some of who have been sharing their wisdom for over a decade.

My cat "Marmalade" was also believed to be around 13 years old. He was a feral / stray cat that I met in the high desert country of New Mexico. Where he had been the King of a colony of feral and stray cats. He was noble, loyal, loving, kind, funny and true. He was my best friend, my son, my brother, my comrade in arms, my only remaining family, my love and my light. I had to put him down 3 months ago this week. 

They say: When we chose to show our beloved's mercy, by ending their pain & suffering, we then take their pain & suffering onto ourselves. We transfer their pain & suffering into to our own minds and bodies. Then we process that pain & suffering through our grief. This is the bargain that we make.

"Time" is an important part of the grieving process. We must continue to travel through time, and allow our bodies built in healing factor to work. It is each of our birthright.

You are not alone, we are with you.

The very wise Dr. Seuss wrote:

"Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened." 

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
creole54
Stefanie - your Daisy is beautiful.  I just had to put my Daisy, an 11 year old english bulldog, to sleep 10 days ago.  I understand the heartache and loss you're feeling.  I still haven't stopped crying, but I'm guessing I never will. I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please try to console yourself with the fact that you're doing what's best for her, not what's best for you.  As my vet told me, "It's better to do it a week too soon than a day too late".  Because if you wait to long your Daisy might be in a crisis situation and it's more traumatic for everyone involved.  You don't want your last memories of your beautiful Daisy to be fraught with anxiety and pain and fear.  I will keep you in my thoughts in the morning.
Teri Milbourn
Quote 0 0
StefanieFabrizi
creole54 wrote:
Stefanie - your Daisy is beautiful.  I just had to put my Daisy, an 11 year old english bulldog, to sleep 10 days ago.  I understand the heartache and loss you're feeling.  I still haven't stopped crying, but I'm guessing I never will. I'm so sorry for your loss.  Please try to console yourself with the fact that you're doing what's best for her, not what's best for you.  As my vet told me, "It's better to do it a week too soon than a day too late".  Because if you wait to long your Daisy might be in a crisis situation and it's more traumatic for everyone involved.  You don't want your last memories of your beautiful Daisy to be fraught with anxiety and pain and fear.  I will keep you in my thoughts in the morning.
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
I'm so sorry. What I say next is just my opinion. You should do what you feel is right. For me, If you can, the vet could come to your home possibly.
If not, hold and love Daisy so completely. If it is at all possible, hold back your tears till after while you are saying goodbye. Say everything to Daisy, what a privalige and honour it's been to Daisy in your life, how much love you have, how they never did anything wrong and that Daisy will be loved forever.
This is one of the hardest things we have to do in our lives and it's not fair. I know that our pets can't live forever, I hope we both get to a point where we feel that, my heart is with you.
Quote 0 0
Bibbi
I am so sorry for you and Daisy, she is such a beautiful dog!
Know that she KNOWS that you love her, and she KNOWS you are doing your last action out of love for her.
My heart is bleeding for you both!
Hugs to you both, and im thinking of you!

Quote 0 0
FClaire
So sorry to you and Daisy, sending hugs xxx
Quote 0 0
StefanieFabrizi
Bibbi wrote:
I am so sorry for you and Daisy, she is such a beautiful dog!
Know that she KNOWS that you love her, and she KNOWS you are doing your last action out of love for her.
My heart is bleeding for you both!
Hugs to you both, and im thinking of you!

Quote 0 0
Miasmom_704
Dear Stefanie,

I’m so sorry for your loss of Daisy. She was beautiful. I myself understand. I had to take my kitty Hannah out of my apartment knowing she would not return. When they are ill, they need us as their moms and dads to help them end the pain. It’s one of the hardest horrible things to do for our little loves. Cry as much as you need to but always know how Daisy enriched your lives. I know my kitties enriched mine but yes, it’s so so painful to lose them.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Khalil Gibran

Wishing you peace, Mia’s Mom
Mia’s Mom
Please visit Mia’s memorial
Visit Mia's Rainbow Bridge Memorial Residency

Quote 0 0