mathis1998
Last weekend I was caring for my companion of eighteen years. I could still see his furry body curled up on his pillow. He was sleeping a lot but at least he was here. Four weeks earlier, the vet had indicated that Mathis had four tumors and a heart murmur. I told her that I wanted to bring him home. We decided to make the most of each day so he got to get ice cream twice and we moved his birthday up by two weeks.
Tuesday morning he crossed while I was holding him. His little heart just stopped. He was so devoted to me.I miss him a lot.
Ruth. Mathis's mommy
Quote 0 0
Bobosmum
I'm so sorry for your loss Ruth but try to remember that he loved you and that he would have wanted to die in your arms.  I lost my beloved Bobo yesterday.  The vet put him to sleep but he was lying on a blanket with his head in my lap while I fed him chorizo.  He slipped away peacefully whilst I held him.  My heart feels like it's been ripped out of my body so I can understand how difficult it must be for you.  You did everything you could for your best friend and you made the end of his life all about him, as he must have made his life all about you.  The love will endure and you will always have happy memories. 

RIP Mathis xx
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Ruth let me add my condolences on your loss. You were so fortunate to have 18 years with your baby. You made his last month with you very special. All of us here miss our babies terribly. We all know just how you feel. Please tell us more about your baby. Blessings Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Beagles4ever86
Very sorry for your loss my friend. 18 years is such a long life. So many memories you have with him. Just hold on to fact that he lived a rich, full life being happy and loved. I lost my special girl Cassie on May 10th. I still can barely get through the days. But as someone else said here we are all going through this together. We're here for each other so never feel alone in your grief. Our pups are at Rainbow Bridge now waiting on us. Take care and take it one day at a time.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Sorry to hear about your beloved Mathis! It was really nice that you were holding him when he crossed. I'm sure it gave him a lot of comfort.
My condolences,
S.
Quote 0 0
vlmatt
We are all here to feel your pain.   Oh how we all wish there could be a medication to stop the pain of a "heart ache and grieving".   It is just plain hard, agonizing and we understand out here!  We are embracing you as you cry it out.  Just cry it out until the well is empty.  Time will help the deep agony but of course LOVE will never end as it's eternal.   For now, the only thing that helped me was a book called  "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" by Gary Kurz.  Oh my, it gave Bible verses to help you because the Word of God is living and true and a Comfort from God.  Just offering, as that was my only anchor during the 1st 30 days.  God Bless you...
Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0