Nel
I had to put my 12 year old dog and best friend to sleep because of cancer in the bladder. He was urinating blood and vomiting everything he ate I know that it had to be done but I miss him so much that it feels like I want to die just so I can be with him
Quote 0 0
catlover1
Hi Nel,

I am so sorry you had to put your dog to sleep. It sounds like he was in a lot of pain and it is terrible how we have to watch our best friends in pain. My 12 year old cat passed away right after surgery 10 weeks ago--he had cancer also. I hope you start to feel better soon--it is a tough road ahead but we are all here for you. 
Quote 0 0
Nel
Hi cat lover: How do you cope with your loss and will it get better with time. People tell me to just get another dog but I just can't because my dog was very special to me and I don't know if I'm going crazy but yesterday I was crying and thinking of him then I looked up and saw a cloud in the shape of my Rocky right above me when the sky was clear. It gave me goosebumps is like he telling me he is in heaven.
Quote 0 0
catlover1
People have told me on here that it will get better with time. So far for me time has not made anything better. Some days are better than other days in where I do not cry as much as I do on some days. However, there seems to be no reasoning...sometimes it's the days I am not keeping busy and other times it's the days where I have gone to work or hung out with people so I do not think keeping busy really makes a difference. I have another Cat but Cody and I were really close and he liked to do everything with me. It does not feel right for me now to get another cat so I won't and thats a decision that with time you can make but it's not something to rush into. That is cool that you saw a cloud in the shape of Rocky-- I like when weird things like that happen. 
Quote 0 0
Nel
Thank you I don't think I want to ever forget him and I after I saw that cloud I feel that he is still here with me I guess I take solace in knowing he will always be in my heart
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Nel I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. Cancer is terrible. I had to put my 7 and a half year old soft coated wheaten terrier down due to kidney failure. I am a breast cancer survivor and she had a lot to do with that.I know how difficult it is for you. We loved our babies very much. Take comfort in that all our babies are at peace. Talk often on the site. Know you are not alone. Wishing you some peace. Sending you hugs.
Quote 0 0
Nel
Thank you sadiesmom now I know I'm not alone and I'm glad you are a cancer survivor so is my sister.
Quote 0 0
EM
My condolences. I'll say some prayers for these lovely creatures. God loves animals because He created them and has divine plans for them. There are beautiful Bible scriptures that this website has links to. They are very comforting and encouraging.

If you need someone to talk to please feel welcome to contact me whenever you like. You can read my story here on this website in my recent topics. I just went through pretty much the same experience that you did. I'm learning that it is a very rare experience. Just last year I went through the same thing that you've just went through. It's unusually difficult both physically and emotionally so if you need support or want someone to share stories with, then contact me whenever you want.
Quote 0 0
Chrissy
Cancer is a terrible disease that takes our babies so quickly.  I feel your pain as I have now lost my last two Rottie's to this horrible disease (the last one of which was seven weeks ago).  All we can do is know that they are out of their pain and running free with all the other fur babies at Rainbow Bridge.  Sending healing thoughts X
Quote 0 0
Nel
Thank you EM I read some of the scriptures and they are truly beautiful. I know God will reunite us one day and that has giving me comfort I still miss him dearly but I know he is without anymore pain and suffering. People tell me to just get another Maltese but I just can't replace him he was more than just a dog he was my best friend. I guess you gave to be a pet lover like us to understand. I would like to here if anyone has gotten another pet and how does it feel. Again thank you the scriptures were beautiful
Quote 0 0
laus
I put my beautiful lucy to sleep march 20th, she had meningitis. She was so small little chipoo and the shock and heartbreak ,,,,,,total devestation. Lucy joined our family 2 years ago when my daughter lost her father, we totally didn't expect the love and happiness this little one brought. My daughters coping much better than me,,, the tears just dont stop
L conlon-boys
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Hello Nel, Your little boy was a real cutie pie! I'm so very sorry you lost him!
S.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Nel My condolences on the loss of your baby. Like you, a few days after my Winston Passed, I was sitting outside and on this particular day, I saw many, many white lines in the sky.  More than I have ever seen. I knew then and there it was my Winston telling me he was soaring into heaven.  Take care.
Susan
Quote 0 0
Nel
Today I picked up my little Rocky boy Urn with his ahes and I broke out in tears in front of a lot of people I can't believe it still hurts so much. This morning I woke up because I felt him licking my face it felt so real I guess he knows I'm still hurting and he's comforting me thank you all for listening and my condolences for your loss. Even if we miss them dearly I truly believe our beautiful pets are in one way or another giving us signs that they are in heaven.
Quote 0 0