luckysmom
we sent our beloved Lucky to Heaven today after seeing his hips become more and more useless.  He was such a wonderful companion. I don't want to come down the stairs in the morning because he won't be waiting for me. I don't want to do anything in the yard because he should be there with me. I look at all his favorite spots to rest and he is not there.  My heart is breaking.  When will I feel better? I have to be able to work and function. 

Quote 0 0
CoopersMommy
Luckysmom,

The first few days after we lost our boy, I could barely function. I tried to work, but I sat at my desk and cried all day. I'm now at 6 weeks and after the first week or so, I was able to make it through the work day without breaking down. The hard part came when I got home and he wasn't there. It's still really hard but it is getting easier. 
Quote 0 0
luckysmom

thanks for your reply, this is such a huge loss but it is unique to pet lovers.  I am worried about co workers not being supportive, but i want to work because that is one place Lucky never was, if I can keep my mind straight. It just hurts so much to be here alone doing the things we did together. I talked to him all the time.  Such a huge loss in my life.

Quote 0 0
CoopersMommy
I know how you feel. The people I work with were really understanding. Most are dog lovers. They made a donation in coops name to a local shelter. But thankfully they don't try to talk to me about it. I can make it through the day but am not ready to talk to them. It's hardest at home. I find myself imagining what Cooper would be doing all the time if he were here. We have another dog and it's hard going through that routine when something is missing. It's still hard but it does slowly get easier. I know I just wanted someone to tell ne I wouldn't feel that intense pain forever. It's sad thinking I may never have that ki d of connection and love again.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Lucky's Mom:

I am so sorry to hear about your heartbreaking loss.  We all understand, and we will be here for you as you find a toe hold on your path to healing.

In time, you will realize that lucky is with you wherever you go.  Right now, thought, the pain of physical separation is too great.  It takes time to adjust to that.  My heart goes out to you in the coming days and weeks of adjustment.  But remember that he is always where he loved being most; in the very center of your heart.

You and your beautiful Angel Lucky are in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
luckysmom

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Getting through work today was better than expected, but coming home without him here was hell.  I picked up his bed, saved a piece to hold, and vaccuumed, I really did not want to rid my house of the last of his long fur. I miss him so.  I am glad I can function at work, but it is so sad at home.  I know time will help.  I hope to  someday help others as you all have helped me through these horible hours.

Quote 0 0
CoopersMommy
I know what you mean about the vacuum. Cooper didn't shed, but still, every time I vacuumed after he was gone, I would think that I could be sweeping away his precious little hairs, pieces of him. I didn't put any of his things away until this past week. It all went in his memory box. The only thing left out besides pictures, is his bowl. I can't make myself put it away. And I can't force myself to sweep up the little crumbs he left the last time he ate. And that was 42 days ago. I've tried to find new things to do in the evening but its hard.
Quote 0 0