Pagmem
I had to pick up my Max’s ashes today. The vet had made an impression of his paw print and put it in a wrapped box for us. I totally fell apart when I saw it, and even more so when several of the vet techs took the time to tell me what a sweet boy Max had been. I miss him so much.

What’s really interesting is that often times I feel he is with me. I can almost see him putting his head on my knee and looking up at me with his trusting eyes. Today, while driving to work, I got the strongest feeling he was sitting in the front seat beside me, just looking benignly out the window as he liked to do.

And my sweet cat Puck, who died just a month and a half before Max. Many nights I could swear I feel him jump up onto the bed to cuddle into my side like he used to do. I choose to think they are both with me, and I cry often. Going into the bedroom is the worst, because Max;s bed is no longer there. And Puck no longer greets me with his meowing.

I just keep reminding myself how lucky I was to have had them both in my life - as well as the other pets I’ve been privileged to know. I also remind myself that it has only been a little over a week for Max, and not quite two months since Puck left.

Sending love to you all.

Melissa
Melissa
Quote 0 0
nosunshine36
Dear Melissa,
I believe that Max is with you! I used to get those same feelings when Sunshine passed on and I dismissed it but now I think he was trying to let me know: “it’s okay mum, I’m still here and I’ll always be here for you!”
I feel it’s the same with your Max. He loved you so much that his spirit will be close by as long as you are sad and that’s what you are sensing.
I hope that having Max’s ashes at home will bring you some peace. Being at the vet and having it be so different today with people telling you that Max was a sweet boy and especially with the vet giving you Max’s footprint.. it’s not at all what you are used to so it makes it all seem more real I’m guessing.
Puck and Max are together now but that little jump on to the bed you are hearing .. my guess is that Puck has been visiting too!
It’s true that it’s only been a short while since your sweet Max and Puck were with you so just be gentle and kind to yourself. It’s a difficult time you’re going through. We’re all here for you!
Blessings,
Sharon
Quote 0 0
BeautifulDK
Pagmem wrote:
I had to pick up my Max’s ashes today. The vet had made an impression of his paw print and put it in a wrapped box for us. I totally fell apart when I saw it, and even more so when several of the vet techs took the time to tell me what a sweet boy Max had been. I miss him so much.

What’s really interesting is that often times I feel he is with me. I can almost see him putting his head on my knee and looking up at me with his trusting eyes. Today, while driving to work, I got the strongest feeling he was sitting in the front seat beside me, just looking benignly out the window as he liked to do.

And my sweet cat Puck, who died just a month and a half before Max. Many nights I could swear I feel him jump up onto the bed to cuddle into my side like he used to do. I choose to think they are both with me, and I cry often. Going into the bedroom is the worst, because Max;s bed is no longer there. And Puck no longer greets me with his meowing.

I just keep reminding myself how lucky I was to have had them both in my life - as well as the other pets I’ve been privileged to know. I also remind myself that it has only been a little over a week for Max, and not quite two months since Puck left.

Sending love to you all.

Melissa

So happy you can sense Max around you. I have to be very very still and quiet to have a hint of this. I feel my heart is rather closed. Happy to hear that there is reason for hope that they are truly there for us <3
Quote 0 0
anang
Melissa,

Max and Puck surround you in love. I am not "religious" in the typical sense. I believe in goodness and God. Please take the "visits' from your pets as real and as loving reminders that they are forever in your life. Please view them as gifts (as long as they do not cause you distress.) Losing a pet is a gut-wrenching, horrible, miserable experience. This forum is a cathartic place to come and love your furry baby.
Much love,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0