Valley_hughes
Dear Peanut,

It has been two weeks, down to the hour, that you left your earthly body. I miss you. I haven’t written much because I haven’t had a lot of time to sit and think about the pain. I haven’t been home alone either and I know when it comes down to that time I am going to be a mess. I actually had a dream with you in it a few days ago. I don’t remember what was happening but I felt at peace. There is still some little part of me that feels so guilty but I remember you laying in my arms at the vet and you seemed so peaceful. Like maybe you were telling me that it’s ok and that it was your time. I still find myself looking for you and sometimes I think I hear you. The house doesn’t feel like a home without you. Caden and Cody have a hard time sleeping with you gone. I see dogs that remind me of you constantly. I joined rover.com in hopes of getting some time with animals after my day job and, don’t be mad, I think we might get a lab puppy in February. You reminded me of much of a dog person I am and while you are always in my heart, I miss that unconditional love. I love you so very much and thank you for being with me and sending me reminders.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Valerie,
I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry you had another loss on top of Peanut. I know things aren't okay (I'm sure it will be a long time before any of us are truly okay again) but I'm glad you had a dream with Peanut and felt at peace. Having them visit us is the best. Hugs❤❤
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Dear Valerie, Two weeks is such a short time. It has to be still so painful but I can tell you are trying to work through the pain. Might I suggest that you take the time, when you are able, to be at home alone and just let Peanut's memories flood your mind. Allow the pain to come out and cry, as much as you have to and as often as you feel like it, so that you will be able to move on when your new puppy arrives. Not that you will ever leave Peanut behind. Mourning is such an important part of healing.
It's so nice that you had a comforting dream from your dear Peanut. Wishing you peace,
Sam
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Thinking of you Valerie,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Hey friend. I’m doing okay. Still trying to process everything but it’s slowly getting easier. How are you?
Quote 0 0
Valley_hughes
Sampson wrote:
Dear Valerie, Two weeks is such a short time. It has to be still so painful but I can tell you are trying to work through the pain. Might I suggest that you take the time, when you are able, to be at home alone and just let Peanut's memories flood your mind. Allow the pain to come out and cry, as much as you have to and as often as you feel like it, so that you will be able to move on when your new puppy arrives. Not that you will ever leave Peanut behind. Mourning is such an important part of healing.
It's so nice that you had a comforting dream from your dear Peanut. Wishing you peace,
Sam

Thank you Sam. August was a rough month for me but I am slowly doing better. Take care.
Quote 0 0