Seleya
It had been one week my Kara went to the Rainbow Bridge. Last night was the first time I wasn't able to hear her meowing. I never thought not hearing her would hurt so much.

I can't believe it has already been a week. It feels like an eternity has passed, but that is also went by somewhat fast. I just wish I could've had one more day with her.

Here' s a random question. Has anyone felt completely exhausted, regardless of how much sleep you have gotten? It seems that no matter how much sleep I get, I just wake up drained and feel like I need to go back to sleep. Even when I get about 8+ hours.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
Scottdadtothehoney
Know what you are going through. Tomorrow will be one week since The Honey passed to the Rainbow Bridge.

Take care and I am thinking of you.
Scott G
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
I absolutely feel exhausted, too. Towards the end of the day, my chest gets too tight to do anything but lay on the couch. Probably anxiety that I can no longer keep at bay after trying to keep moving forward all day. This is grieving and the depression that comes with it.

We will get though this.

Jeanine
Quote 0 0
Seleya
Even when everyone is home, this house feels so empty. It went from loving home, to ice cold tomb. My brother, dad, and husband all act like nothing happened and it makes me mad and sad :(
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
Men are not encouraged to show sadness- it is weakness. And you, being the woman, were probably the primary caretaker of Kara in good times and bad, because that is what we women do. You probably had a much stronger bond with her.

My husband says he is sad about our loss, but it is not even close to the almost debilitating grief I feel right now. But he listens to me cry and tries to say helpful things in his man- as- a -fixer way. But she was my baby and I carry the weight of her loss just as you are carrying the loss of Kara. I get so frustrated when he tries to be my grief counselor. I have a therapist and I don't want to hear it from him- it just sounds like he is lecturing me to get me through this quicker.

They are grieving in their ways. Just as we are grieving in ours by talking about it in this forum and crying and whatever else we do. It is hard to think you are alone in the pain, but that is why this forum is so helpful. I am grateful for it these last few days.

Jeanine

Quote 0 0
Seleya
My husband had went to his best friends house earlier today. One his way back home he called me and told me that they were all on the way here. They just had a  baby about a month ago and as I was finishing getting ready ( I have no desire to really get out of bed lately) I heard their baby crying. At first I smiled, and then I started to cry. I miss my baby being here and crying for me to open the bathroom door.

We all ended up going back to their place and they have 2 cats. It took everything I had to not cry whenever I looked at them. I tried to pet them, but it just made me feel so guilty.

I wanted so badly to participate in the Candle Lighting Ceremony, but my phone kept glitching and saying error :(
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
mcquadefam
It just struck me that the bone-deep fatigue I've been experiencing for the past couple of weeks may have to do with losing the dogs.  My daughter and kids were with us the first week after we lost our last dog (we lost two in just a few weeks), and her dogs were here as well.  I thought maybe her kids had worn me out (they're 7 and 5) with all the activity or possibly it was a lingering sinus infection.  But after reading jdavis15 post, I think it may be a combination but mostly related to the depression that has gripped me deep into my soul.  Funny, I have lost both parents as well as both in-laws, but I have never experienced such immense grief - even with previous dogs.
Donna McQuade
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
Today has been a rough day for me. I feel so anxious and have a list of tasks to complete but can't seem to get up off the couch for more than 15 minutes without finding my way back. And then another episode of whatever show on Netflix is on and I down for another hour (or 3).

I go back to work tomorrow. I am hoping that work will serve as a distraction and get me back to routine that will ease some of this anxiety.

Jeanine
Quote 0 0
jennaissance
I'm so sorry you lost your dearest one. Yes it is quite hard. I really have no motivation to do much. I slept almost all day on Sunday and then could not sleep at night before I returned to work on Monday. I am very tense and have noticed that I have this sort of aching feeling in the palms of my hands. I'm not going to rush things or try to get myself to gym right away. I tend to explode if I try to ignore what is on my mind. I can say work has been a nice distraction but I haven't been on time yet. My head is hazy and I have a hard time concentrating. I think it's okay if you feel this way. And it's fine if you are not as ready to get back to everyday life as others in your house. You'll be there when it's your time to be there.
Jenna
Quote 0 0
jennaissance
I'm starting to get this sense that most people on here are women...
Jenna
Quote 0 0
Seleya
I've never been a morning person, usually waking up around 11am whenever I don't have to work. But lately i have been waking up around 2-3pm, while going to bed around 4am. I wish I could sleep through the night, but nighttime is the only time I can hear my Kara meowing. I have never once heard her meow in the daytime.

I know how you feel Jeanine. Lately I just sit/lay down in bed all day and watch tv. I don't even feel like getting up to find something to eat or go to the bathroom.

I've noticed I have been really irritable and moody these past few days.
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
Scottdadtothehoney
Seleya, I am going through the same thing. 

Don't know how long I can last like this. Home is not where the heart is anymore.

Been one week and one day since the passing of The Honey.

Praying for you.
Scott G
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
jdavis515....
Of course he wants to "fix it". It is pain, it is dreadful, agony, hollowness, sorrow, it cuts right deep to the Soul foundations. He wants to help you feel better. He will be probably managing to shut out the worst of these agonizing emotions, although he will also be grieving but in a totally different way..... I know -"men are from Mars, women are from Venus".....
He's trying his best. Try if you can to have unconditional love for that, and him. Don't let the pain put a wedge between you. Accept that you are both approaching this loss of a loved one in a different way. Just hold him, without words. Give him a big hug. Try to lie together in bed in silence, with love and a shared sorrow. That's what an animal would do.

That's the thing with our beloved animal Souls. The don't use words. It's easier to share love when you don't. A glance from gentle eyes....a kiss....a nudge with the nose, a warm glow, a paw on a hand, the way they lean against your legs....a sigh. All speak volumes. And take us onto levels where human personalities aren't accustomed to going. Forget the personality-thing. Reach out to your husband's Soul.

But if words have to come into it, tell him you are feeling a lot of painful emotions right now, but they will heal, given time, and in your own way, that you love him, that you can see the help he is giving, and appreciate it, but you will need time to fully grieve and heal. And that you can't help it. Thank him and honour him for his trying to help and protect you.
And tell him you are there for him, that the feelings show differently with each of you but you know he is grieving too -in his own way and in his own time (and that may be shorter, or longer, than yours)

You will both miss her, probably always. But as time goes by you will both be able to cope better, though expect there will always be "melt-downs" sometimes. There are with me.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Seleya
I am praying for you too Scott. Home is definitely not where the heart is.

I miss laying down in bed and snuggling with my Kara (I didn't care if she gave me hives or that I had bad congestion afterwards). I love my husband to death, but she was the best listener. She had a way of of always knowing what I was feeling.
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0