BatmansMom
Dear Friends, old and new,

4 years ago, you helped me with my terrible grief at losing my beloved Batman. A cat we had for 13 years.

Sadly enough, I come to you now because Billie, my ten-month-old kitten, doesn't have much time.

I took in Billie and her 3 other littler-mates last July, since their mother was feral and was not able to care for them. Their little brother (we named him "Miracle") died when we came to get them. They were just 2 weeks old.

I fed them from the bottle, and Spitfire, Lily, Samantha and Billie did well. Sadly enough, Spitfire aspirated two weeks later. But a grand happy two weeks those were for all of us!

Samantha, Billie and Lily grew into lovely young cats. Unfortunately, they had feline leukemia.  At 6 months, Sam filled up w/ fluid. The vet removed it and pretty much told us there was nothing shy of giving her chemo and putting in drains, all of which probably would not help a FL cat. We had to put her down on Jan 25th. A very sad day indeed.

Now Billie is filling up. I came home from work last night and saw the dreaded labored breathing. Today I went to a different vet, a lovely sweet man. He took the fluid from her chest cavity, and put her on prednasone. He said there is a 50% chance it will buy her a little time.

I have been so sick. I fed my little babies from when they were 8 oz. I have experienced the loss of Miracle, Spitfire and Samantha in less than a year. It is so hard to bear that these most probably are my baby's last hours and days. I even had to take off from work.

Please keep us in your prayers. Lily knows her sister isn't well. For now, Billie is resting comfortably, as the vet removed 30 cc's of fluid.

Billie is one of those bright-eyed fun sweet cats. When she was well she would crawl around my neck and sleep while I was on the computer! She loved the smell of my wet hair, and would run up the back of my robe to sniff it! Then she'd hang around my neck WHILE I blow-dried my hair. No kidding folks!  When she was small, if you'd go to pick her up she'd spin around so she could see you adn cling to you. One of the best kitties I've ever had.

It's a terrible agony to see the road spanning ahead, and trying to enjoy the last times with our pets. I know you understand.

Yours truly,

Maria

p.s. In cuddle bugs (first photo) Billie is on the right, Samantha on the left.
Then Billie and I

Then Lily and Billie (L-R)

Quote 0 0
BatmansMom
p.s. Here are the four of them when I got them.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Oh, Maria ~

What beautiful babies!  I know how your heart is aching now, and I wish there were a way for me to take that pain away, but we both know there isn't.  The best I can do is lend you a virtual shoulder to cry on, and offer what comfort I can.  Bless you for loving these kitties so well, and for giving each of them a lifetime of love in their brief stay with you.  You have made their worlds ideal.

Did the vet recommend a diuretic to help keep the fluid at bay?  I don't know if that is advised in this kind of situation, but I can't help but think that it could help. 

We lost our precious T.J. in March to a brain tumor.  It is going to take me a long, long time to heal from this loss.  He was the Heart of My Heart, and seeing him failing a little more each day was devastating.  You have been through so much with these beautiful kits, I just can't imagine how shell-shocked you must feel. 

Ask Miracle, Spitfire, Samantha and Batman to watch over Billy now, and to protect Lily for as long as possible. 

Thank you for alerting me to your post.  You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.  Please give loads of ear scratches and gentle back rubs to the kitties for me.

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
P.S.  I keep looking at their pictures over and over again. They are all so beautiful!
My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
Quote 0 0
BatmansMom
Dear Susie,

Your post made me cry, because I felt your caring and your warmth. I am doing it on my own here, because my ex just can't bear it. He kind of disappeared today, and never called back.

It made me feel so good that you enjoyed the pictures of my wonderful fur babies! It really is funny how I got to them and them to me. I have to believe it was meant to be. I don't know what God had in mind, but I know I was blessed to know those who have passed on, and those I am still honored to have.

I am so sorry about your wonderful TJ! He really is gorgeous! (I am thinking that it's his photo you have as your icon). What wonderful markings and beautiful eyes!  I'll tell you Susie, loving pets and losing them is so terribly difficult, yet we can't dwell on the loss. We have to dwell on the goodness and all the love we have given to each other.

In many ways I consider animals on a higher plain than humans. They aren't malicious and mean. They do things by instinct. They give us love no matter what. Never are they judgemental...

I will ask the vet about diurectics. I do have some lasiks from my last go-round with this terrible disease.

Thanks again for your support, and thanks for sharing a little about wonderful TJ. I am so sorry for your loss.

Maria xo

Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Batmom's mom,

I am so sorry to hear that your precious Billie is struggling.  No matter how long we have with our babies, the time with them is precious.  Bless your heart for adopting four FIV siblings.  Without you they would never have known the love and the caring that you are showing them now.

My thoughts and prayers go with you and your precious babies.

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
BatmansMom
Thank you for your lovely note, Nic! I have good news. Billie is holding her own! She is not worse today, and maybe a bit better! I called the vet this a.m. He said (based on how she is doing) that there is a good chance she would be ok for the short term, and maybe even longer than we thought! I am SO happy for even this respite, however long!

If you and others here at the Bridge would join me in praying for her, I would SO appreciate it!

May the Lord give all comfort who are suffering today.

m xo

Quote 0 0
kitsmom
Hi Maria,

I remember you when you were on here when you lost Batman.   I am so happy you took in these 4 little ones knowing too that you may not have them for long.   They are darling.  I hope Billie can hold on for awhile.   I took in a FeLeuk cat (a stray that was tested when I had him neutered).  He had many health problems and I lost him last year from renal failure.  He did though have 4 more years where he was loved and cherished.  Without you taking in these little ones, they would not have had the love and comfort they have had.  They were happy, loved, fed - doesn't get much better than that.   The difficulty of losing them though is so hard.   My heart goes out to you.  

Andrea (Kit and Cody's mom) and Jake's too!
Andrea, Kit and Cody's mom (and Jake's too)
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Oh, Maria ~

I am so happy to hear that Billie is holding her own for now!  enjoy every minute you have together.  Every day is a gift, and it's so easy for us to forget that when they're healthy and bouncing off the walls.  I try to remind myself every day with Gidget and Stevie.

Yes, T.J., is my avatar.  I've had an especially difficult past two weeks or so.  I don';t know why, but I do know how these emotions ebb and flow, and I'm trying my best to ride it out.

I've asked Bingo, Buddy, and T.J. to watch over Billie and send her loads of energy and strength.  They are all such healing guys, I know they will help.  In the mean time, I'm also sending that good old green and white healing light her way.  Long before (for years!) T.J.'s symptoms appeared, I used to stroke his back firmly and slowly and say:

Green and white healing light,
Pink for love all day and night,
Blue for spirit, purple for soul,
I love you, T.J.!  You rock and roll!

I swear it helped him as long as it could have. It was our own little incantation, and he really enjoyed it.

Please give Billie and Lillie some ear scratches and hugs from me.  I still can't get over that adorable picture of the two of them.  Such pretty ladies!

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

Quote 0 0