DusksMom Show full post »
Diane_M
My wonderful cockapoo, Bracken. I'm writing your name here, to see if it makes your passing on Sunday, May 17, 2020 any more real to me. Because right now, it doesn't seem real at all. I know I did the right thing to let the vet come, but all I can think of now is how you cried when he put the needle in you. I'm told that happens sometimes, can't be helped, but now that's all I can think about and I am so, so sorry, Bracken. My only consolation is that I was here with you, in the home you lived in for 13 years and 8 months. Where you were loved dearly up until the end, when I held you in my arms. Your Mommy loves you, always, and these are the hardest days of missing you. My Bracken.
Quote 0 0
Bigcatsdad
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Dusk, they are both a couple of handsome guy's.
We become so close to our little furry ones, they are such an integral part of our lives and truly touch our souls, when the time comes that we have to say goodbye is so heart breaking and painful and leaves us in such a dark empty void. 14 weeks ago we had to make the painful decision to end the suffering of Albert, he was my cat and best bud, he was 16. It was the most painful and heart breaking decisions and experience I've ever been through. I can't imagine a sudden passing and the pain and shock of that. The first week I was a mess and it took a few more for the tears to slow down a bit. We have a second cat, a little calico named Chloe. We adopted both Albert and her at the same time and they were bonded and never apart. It took about 3 weeks for Chloe to notice that Albert was truly gone, you could see the sadness in her and yes, they grieve too just like us. She still looks for him around the house from time to time. She will curl up and have a cat nap with his ashes in the little cedar urn that I keep on his favorite blanket and napping spot. I think she can still feel his presence there. We give her extra love and attention now, you will have to do that with Scotch as he will be feeling sad, lonely and lost too. I hope over time as the crushing weight of grief and sadness eases up a bit you can take a little comfort i that you gave Dusk a good loving home and life and Scotch too and that you were able to cross paths in each others life's journey and made a difference in each others. Dusk knows you loved him and were there at the end and did everything you could. Cats are very good at hiding and masking pain and health issues, usually by the time they show symptoms its too late. Dusk may have had serious issues for a while and you never would have known.
This forum is really good, everyone here knows what you are going through and what you are feeling. I hope it helps you as much as it has me.
And for the others on this post, I'm sorry for your losses too.
My heart goes out to you.
-Jeff
Bigcatsdad
Quote 0 0