SnoopsGirl
I can't believe it has been 10 weeks since my darling 12ish year old schnoodle passed.  I still miss him so much, while the pain ebbs and flows he is still constantly on my mind.  I still feel deep seeded guilt of not doing more for him, I replay his passing and my decision to put my soul dog down through my mind constantly. I wish I could go back and change things, my heart hurts, but my brain knows I speared him inevitable pain.

A lifetime with him would not have been enough. 
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I felt so guilty and yet I knew Monty had to leave us...talking really does help and the lovely memories you had.

I agree an eternity would not have been long enough.

Take care.
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Blink
I'm going through the same. I lost my dog 9 days ago. The pain is unbearable. The worst thing is that she suffered at the end because I let the vet talk me into doing tests when she should have been let go. I feel I let her down when she needed me most. I've never been one to say vets are only in it for the money but there's no other explanation imo for these vets. It wasn't even my own vet we went to in the end. We'd moved and we're a bit of a drive away and they advised me to go to another vet nearer where I live. 
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
My vet was good as when she  told me it was best to let him go I more or less begged her to do more test...but she quietly said he is an old boy and it would not be fair and that he was getting more stressed out.

I have heard that some vets do carry on doing test when the time has come to let them go...but for me the vet was right.

Do not beat yourself up about it...I know the pain is unbearable as I am still grieving 15 days on...I now have Monty's ashes and that has helped...it feels like he is home.
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Blink
I actually asked my first vets a couple of weeks ago when she came out with two more bottles of painkillers (just for the short-term but still). She practically let out a shriek as if to say I was mad. It would have been far better to let her go then. I'm glad you had better vet care and I'm so sorry for your loss. 
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Thank you...if you ever need to talk more about your loved one I will be here...talking really helps when someone is feeling the same as you.

Take care.
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0