Missingmybaby101 Show full post »
animalover4727
Missingmybaby101 wrote:

animalover4727, I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you mean about feeling numb. It almost just doesn't seem real, as if I have been stuck in an awful nightmare and am just waiting to wake up with my baby girl by my side. But, this is sadly not the case. Simba is a beautiful name, and I am sure he was magnificent. Trust that you did the right thing, as I have to as well. I know that I did do the right thing, and find comfort in that. Unfortunately, as pet owners, we almost never outlive our pets, but instead have to be faced with the toughest decision. Though, it was our duty to protect them, be their advocate, and let them go peacefully when we knew it was time. We have to endure this horrific pain, so that they could be free from theirs. 

RIP sweet Simba.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, i feel like hes just in the other room or at the back door sunbathing. It hasnt hit me yet. Im trying to gather the strength to pack all of his belongings but I think Im going to avoid the task for now. It will feel too real, like im officially accepting hes gone and im just not ready for that.

Im relieved that his suffering is gone. I agree completely. No one tells you or prepares you with the difficult end of life decision when you get a pet. I think we all wish our pets could just tell us when they want to go so that we dont feel guilty about the decision when we have to make it. May our dogs be happy roaming the heavens over the rainbow bridge :)
Quote 0 0
Cheryllynn
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet boy Brutus yesterday. I did not know he was dying it was very sudden. I knew the day was coming as he had high kidney failure, but didn't know it was coming yesterday. Then today I had to take him to the vets office to be cremated, which was awful, but I know he is at peace and not suffering anymore. You have my deepest sympathy for you.
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
Deepest condolences to you. I know how you both feel today. Boo crossed the bridge Thursday and I'm still a wreck.
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so very sorry about your beloved Daisy. It's terribly hard, heartbreaking.

We had a short battle with cancer. It just devastates you.

I wish hearts healed more quickly from these losses, but recovering takes a long time. My heart goes out to you. I'm sure sorry you're hurting.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Cheryllynn wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet boy Brutus yesterday. I did not know he was dying it was very sudden. I knew the day was coming as he had high kidney failure, but didn't know it was coming yesterday. Then today I had to take him to the vets office to be cremated, which was awful, but I know he is at peace and not suffering anymore. You have my deepest sympathy for you.

My baby died Jan 3rd of acute renal failure. It’s so very hard on them, the wt loss wrecks havoc on their bodies. Her death was also surreal and completely unexpected at the time. Even as her lifeless body laid on my lap I kept checking for a heartbeat. I will feel blessed always that it happened at home, while I was home. Because like you it could have easily not. And I would have been even more devastated and I don’t know how that would even be possible. Little big things among this heartbreak to be grateful for. Take care
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Missingmybaby101
catiebee wrote:
I am so very sorry about your beloved Daisy. It's terribly hard, heartbreaking.

We had a short battle with cancer. It just devastates you.

I wish hearts healed more quickly from these losses, but recovering takes a long time. My heart goes out to you. I'm sure sorry you're hurting.

Catibee, I am so sorry about your Marissa.  You have my deepest sympathies and condolences. Thank you for your kind words about Daisy. It is one of the deepest, most excruciating pains in the world. I know I will get through, but it seems like I never will and I will always feel this sickening heartache. 

I really do appreciate you posting on behalf of Daisy. I have seen you comment on quite a number of other people's posts, and your responses are always so genuine and sweet. I hope that all our fur babies have crossed the Rainbow Bridge and are frolicking in the meadows, playing with each other and receiving lots of love. Sending good thoughts and fresh hugs your way. 
Quote 0 0
Missingmybaby101
animalover4727 wrote:
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, i feel like hes just in the other room or at the back door sunbathing. It hasnt hit me yet. Im trying to gather the strength to pack all of his belongings but I think Im going to avoid the task for now. It will feel too real, like im officially accepting hes gone and im just not ready for that. Im relieved that his suffering is gone. I agree completely. No one tells you or prepares you with the difficult end of life decision when you get a pet. I think we all wish our pets could just tell us when they want to go so that we dont feel guilty about the decision when we have to make it. May our dogs be happy roaming the heavens over the rainbow bridge 😉

animalover4727, I completely understand your feelings. I have struggled with cleaning up after Daisy, but have left some things because I just can't bring myself to do it. I believe this will come in time, so please don't rush yourself. You will know when you at ready to pack up Simba's things. For now, it can just be a comfort to you. 

Knowing that our pet's are out of pain is relieving, because we know they are not struggling anymore. They deserve to feel their best, and as owners we have to make sure they are. Now, I am sure they are playing with each other, so happy and free of pain. I know they would thank us for this release. 

Sending good thoughts your way. 
Quote 0 0
Missingmybaby101
Cheryllynn wrote:

Cheryllynn, thank you for your kind words. I am so very sorry about your Brutus. You have my deepest condolences. It is so heartbreaking to know that their end is near, and even more so heartbreaking when they have to be released. Take comfort that you did the right thing, and were there for him, as I know he knew that. I will keep you and your sweet boy in my thoughts, and hope that your Brutus and my Daisy are playing together across the Rainbow Bridge. 
Quote 0 0
Shark88
Though the sorrow and pain is great, hold your head up and know that Daisy is now in God's heavenly animal kingdom.   Life on earth is very very short, even for humans....in the eyes of eternity, the reunion is not far away.  
Quote 0 0
Missingmybaby101
Shark88 wrote:
Though the sorrow and pain is great, hold your head up and know that Daisy is now in God's heavenly animal kingdom.   Life on earth is very very short, even for humans....in the eyes of eternity, the reunion is not far away.  

Shark88, thank you so very much for your kind words. That is a beautiful way of looking at this situation. You are right, while the time I have left on Earth seems long, it is not compared to eternity. I know I will see Daisy and all my other fur babies again soon (just longer than I would like). Thank you again, for your words have deeply helped. 
Quote 0 0
kittysmum
Shark88 wrote:
Quote 0 0
kittysmum
I guess I have another fourteen thousand nights left, each one gets easier but it still feels like a long time. I don't want to wish my days away. Your post is a very helpful way of looking at things.
Quote 0 0
Missingmybaby101
kittysmum wrote:
I guess I have another fourteen thousand nights left, each one gets easier but it still feels like a long time. I don't want to wish my days away. Your post is a very helpful way of looking at things.

Kittysmum,

I am so sorry for your loss. You truly have my deepest condolences. I know how bad this hurts, and I hope that you find some comfort in this forum. I know that it seems like forever until we will see them again, but we just have to remember that we will in time. Then, we can be with our passed loved ones eternally, never to be separated again. Please, take care.
Quote 0 0