Runningman66
It’s been exactly two months to the day since you closed your eyes for the last time and my heart still aches for you every minute of every day.The nights are hellish without you lying across my bed missing hearing you dreaming and watching your lips quivering.Now I take your urn up with me so I can still talk to you which usually has me crying to sleep.On waking up I expect you to crawl up to my head where you would lick my face to tell me to get up to give you your breakfast and for your walkies.I miss the patter of your feet on the floor,cuddling up on the sofa and playing tug of war with your toys.Just to name a few things I miss.Oh my beautiful boy some nights I wish to fall asleep and never wake up again as the day without you starts all over again.For two months I’ve cried everyday and every night as life without you is not getting any easier.I’m trying so so hard to remember our happy life together but this is overshadowed by your last months of pain and suffering which you did not deserve and the thought of not seeing you ever again fills my whole body with sadness.My heart is forever broken and I can only pray that I can be with you when my time has come.I love you more than anything on this earth.Sleep well my boy🌈🦮😘😘😘😘😘😘
Quote 1 0
MLovesRuby
Oh Frankie.....I'm so sorry you are going through all this pain.  One month to the day for me losing my Ruby Tuesday.  I too would watch Ruby sleep, and snore and twitch.  I would whisper to her how much I loved her, hoping she would have dreams of me.  

I wish there was a way to fix your broken heart.  Our lives are forever changed after losing our best friends, the best thing that ever happened to us.  I cry every day missing my girl.

I hope that the good and loving memories of Coco overtake your sad days.  Please take care, My Friend.

Hugs
ox 
Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
It has been almost a month since I lost my beautiful boy Monty our darling cat   and like you Monty slept on my pillow with me and I use to hold his tail...and when I fell asleep he would go into the Living Room and he would wake me up playing with his toys and I would lie and listen to him...such precious memories.

He would then wake me up same time every morning wanting to be fed...and like the dutiful servant I would abide his orders and feed him.

I too sleep with Monty's ashes next to me...it brings me comfort.as I know that when I walk through the door he is not here to greet me...I find that is the hardest thing to accept.

My daughter who loved Monty just as much misses him as much...but she has turned her sorrow into remembering the lovely memories of him...and that is what I am trying hard to do.

Please stay strong and like me we will start to cherish the memories of our sweet darling  boys who became our worlds and made our homes a loving place to live.

Take Care

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
Dear Runningman, what beautiful memories of your daily life with your beloved Coco. Licking your face to get breakfast/walks and the day started, tug of war, and sleeping across the bed - I can picture all this and the love between you.❤❤ You can tell by those eyes his gentle, beautiful soul.  I know that two months feels like a lifetime without your sweet boy.  I can't say it gets much easier at 4.5 months, but will say those happier memories do start coming back more frequently which is what I look forward to as each day together was such a blessing with our babies.  It's so evident in your posts your vast and deep love for Coco and why you chose each other.  ❤❤ 

Jennifer XOX
Patch's Mom
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
Michelle,Jennifer, and MLovesRuby thank you for you kind words as they are a great comfort especially from fellow pet owners who have or are going through grief as I am.As you say one of the hardest things I’ve got to get used to is no more welcomes as I open my door when he would jump up and down with excitement with his lead in his mouth ready for his walk.That is something I honestly don’t think I’ll ever get used to and I also think his passing has made me very depressed to the extent that I’m waking up every morning with the mindset of what’s the point of life anymore as he was my life?19th July would have been his 10th birthday and my did I spoil him every year.I even bought him a birthday card so that is going to be a tough day.Until then I can only take one day at a time but my it’s so hard knowing that he’s never coming back.
Love Runningman xx
Quote 0 0
chilover
Runningman66 

I really feel your pain and understand how you are feeling...

What beautiful memories to have, playing tug of war, cuddling up on the sofa and licking your face in the morning for breakfast. Nobody can show their love like our furbabies & I am happy to know that you have beautiful memories of your Coco..You have experienced a love so true & unconditional & one that a "non pet person" will ever get to experience, & I think that if everybody had experienced this kind of love ( from a furbaby) then the world would be a much 'nicer & loving'  place in which to live.
Although I am utterly heartbroken & miss my baby girl so desperately I tell myself how blessed I was to have experienced a love on this level. Nothing comes close, it is pure & divine..

Coco was a lovely looking boy, he looks so gentle.
Sending you comfort & peace

Daisy's mummy 
Angelina 
Quote 1 0
SashaWolf

It’s been 2 weeks and a half since I suddenly lost my love, my beautiful and shy Lola. Crying and missing her every day is something which all of us know,  sadness is unbearable...this is something that will never be fixed.
...but last night I had a dream... about reincarnation...so vivid...she was a baby again...the way I’ve never got to see her during our time spent together.
Maybe they are coming back!
Maybe your beautiful boy is looking for you...I’ve never had this kind of beliefs, but now I want to believe! All that love, all those precious moments, everything is written somewhere in the Universe. Now our pain is raw, but I got a sign from her!

Make your heart ready to see him when he will find his way back to you. 

Quote 1 0
Runningman66

That is a beautiful post Angelina and am so sorry for your loss and SashaWolf I would love for my Coco to send me a sign that he his running around (pain free) with all the other fur babies as that would hopefully make his passing more acceptable to me.One thing I forgot to add in my last post that his passing seems to have upset the chemicals in my brain as I’m now waking up in the middle of the night gasping for breath that I’m dying but I’m guessing this is a build up of my stress and anxiety of the last two months or at least I’m hoping that’s all it is.

Love Runningman xx

Quote 1 0
P_Mom
I agree beautiful post from Angelina. 💖
Runningman, I'm thinking its part of the grief as this too happens to me.  In fact today after I stopped work, I immediately began hyperventilating as I quickly realized that Patch is not here and I'm in a new house where we have little to no memories.  I thought back to this day last year and we were in our former home of 6 years together.  Everything was FINE!!  Perfect.  Now it's all so completely different.  I've never had a June or July here with him.  I couldn't breathe and I'm not a person who often gets anxiety, but this happens frequently anytime day/night.  It's like I'm walking around in a foggy nightmare, waiting for it to end, but it doesn't.  I understand what you're experiencing. 😪
Quote 0 0
mpc
Hi. I haven't been in here for quite a while, but received an email with forum topics, so I came in, saw post. To all, sadly, I get it. Been ten weeks that I lost my beautiful angel "puppy" of 11 1/2 years suddenly and unexpectedly. And what's worse is off course I have totally questioned why in the world I didn't rush her to the hospital earlier. She had a heart attack and died one hour after we got to the hospital. Sadly, all alone, in the oxygen cage. Still TOTALLY breaks my heart to think that she was alone. I just hope it was fast like I was told. I will never ever ever love another dog like I loved Daisy, nor will I ever get the love and adoration from another dog the way she loved me. I have her ashes on my nightstand. I also have a necklace with a charm with some of her ashes in it. I now wear it everyday. I'm really sorry for your and everybody's losses. I know the pain and huge void. That's the hardest part of having loved them so much. I am not crying every single day anymore. Kind of just empty and sad, especially at how it happened. I hope we all feel better and learn how to live without our babies. I know they would totally not want us to be sad or feel guilty. At least I know it in theory.
Mary
Quote 0 0
Mackenzie
Hi running man and everyone else that has posted... 4 weeks today that I lost my beautiful border, Mackenzie... we were very rarely separated, I work from my studio at home, he was diagnosed with a brain tumour he was only 7yrs... so we all feel the same broken, broken-hearted, life has become dull, big empty hole, ... this is our grieving that we must accept and embrace, our animals to us were everything although we had family and friends, we were their everything, our love for each other will be for the rest of our life’s and eternity... we are connected still to them with our hearts and love.. I have never cried and been in so much pain, I am making myself walk, cycle and see people and I just say if I cry just accept that as I have to grieve... he is everywhere my soulmate, and I hope that the pain will ease over time... there’s a book I’m reading called... only gone from your sight... it’s helpful ... I have also thought I want to join him, but Mac wouldn’t want me to do that he is in a good painless place... I miss him so so much xxxx
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I am the same...I go out and then come home and make a cup of tea...and then go out again until it is time for my daughter to come home

I miss Monty that much that at times I just do not want to be at home....but with my daughter who loved Monty just as much we can talk and laugh about him and his funny ways.

Monty was my first real pet and never ever did I ever think that you could love someone as much as we did him.xx
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss your Mackenzie.  It's always too soon no matter what age, but 7 is far too soon.  It sounds like he had a wonderful life together with you and being able to work from home is such a blessing.  Not that it helps at all ease the pain.  I read that book you mentioned (among 6-7 others) and feel that one helped me the most in this journey.  I lost my boy Patch 142 days ago.  I plan to read her other books, but now I've been focusing on journaling about my boy.  Sending big hugs and comfort your way. ❤ 
Quote 0 0
mpc
Hi everybody. Again, I'm so sorry for everybody's losses. Weekends or days off r especially hard, cause I would've had all day to have spent with my angel. I wanted to thank u for suggesting that book. I'm totally going to get it and read it. Ty.
Mary
Quote 0 0
runpr2
I lost my best girl unexpectedly a month ago. We took her to the emergency vet (this was right after the vets opened up in Ca and they were booked ahead 3 weeks) because we could not get in to see her normal vet. Rosie had a history of pancreatitis- probably every 2-3 months we took her in, got her a shot and pills and a day later she was ok. This time the emergency vet did an ultra sound and found a massive blockage in her gallbladder. She was 14 and had Cushing's as well. The vet said we could do the surgery, but it would have to be at UC Davis (an hour away) as the surgery was so delicate. She was a poor candidate, the surgery could have considerable complications, she would be in the hospital for 2 weeks and it was $7,000. We had to make the decision right then as her gallbladder was about to rupture. My Rosie had fear aggression from when she was homeless and hated car rides and vet visits. She would shake uncontrollably and whimper. I just could not put her through all of that so we had to let her go. It was the hardest decision of my life and watching her die will be etched in my brain forever. We adopted her when no one wanted her as she had bitten someone at the shelter, but with patience and love, she became the best dog I ever had.
I did not know how I would get through the first night let alone the rest of my life without her. I sleep with her blankets cuddled beside me and I talk to her every night before I go to sleep. It does help some as feel her presence and her love.
I hope we all find peace after losing such a huge part of our lives. I am crying writing this.
Brenda
Brenda Hawley
Quote 0 0