Honeydew
Honeydew my dear girl, I miss you so much.

The other day I was driving in the car and realized how riding in the car is just not the same without you. You have no idea how much I miss ordering my large Diet Coke at Wendy’s, placing it in cup holders in the console, and then listen to you work the lid off and lap half of it up.
Or, have you lock me out of the car with the keys inside. I think I can count on one hand how many times I had to call OnStar. I know, mommy’s fault.

I think about our 12 hour car rides to Sea Pines Hilton Head, SC. The lazy days inside, the walks on the beach, the walks in town. You did so well on those long car drives. You were a wonderful traveling companion.

It has taken about two months to stop looking for you in your favorite places. I have your portrait in a very special place and I have your sweet picture every where. You are not forgotten my love.

Georgia and I are doing well. We are keeping up with our walks and Georgia likes setting in my lap while I drive. She misses you. I try to keep her busy.

We know you are in a good place. Safe, healthy and free from suffering. Mommy couldn’t have you suffering babe, I hope you understand that. I looked into your sweet face our last day and all I saw was, “ mommy please make this end.” I had to set you free from a body that was failing you. I hope you heard my voice sending you off with so much love. I told you how beautiful you are, how lucky we all have been to know you and I felt so blessed to be your mom. You are the best, sweetest, kindest and we are all so lucky..

Run free my sweet Honeydew, breathe easy and breathe well and know we think of you everyday and love you very much. Georgia and I are so happy that you are healthy and happy and running around with new friends.

Be happy, Honeydew

Love your mommy and Georgia
Darlene
Quote 0 0
carmens_mom
Dear Darlene,  What a hard decision you had to make but as their parents we know when it's time and we know we do it out of love for our best friends.  We help ease their pain and take it on ourselves.   I enjoyed reading your wonderful memories of Honeydew.  She truly was an excellent travel companion!  I had to make the same decision recently when my precious Gigi''s illness progressed beyond medical help and my experience was so similar to yours.  It's almost as if there just isn't enough time to tell them just one more time how much they meant to us and how grateful and thankful we are they came into our lives.  Like you, I know my baby girl is happy and healthy once again, playing with the others and patiently waiting on me, like she has done so many times before.  I hope Gigi found Honeydew and they can become fast friends.  My sincerest sympathies for your loss.
My warmest regards,  Carmen's and Gigi's mom - alicia
Quote 0 0
Honeydew
Honeydew wrote:
Honeydew my dear girl, I miss you so much.

The other day I was driving in the car and realized how riding in the car is just not the same without you. You have no idea how much I miss ordering my large Diet Coke at Wendy’s, placing it in cup holders in the console, and then listen to you work the lid off and lap half of it up.
Or, have you lock me out of the car with the keys inside. I think I can count on one hand how many times I had to call OnStar. I know, mommy’s fault.

I think about our 12 hour car rides to Sea Pines Hilton Head, SC. The lazy days inside, the walks on the beach, the walks in town. You did so well on those long car drives. You were a wonderful traveling companion.

It has taken about two months to stop looking for you in your favorite places. I have your portrait in a very special place and I have your sweet picture every where. You are not forgotten my love.

Georgia and I are doing well. We are keeping up with our walks and Georgia likes setting in my lap while I drive. She misses you. I try to keep her busy.

We know you are in a good place. Safe, healthy and free from suffering. Mommy couldn’t have you suffering babe, I hope you understand that. I looked into your sweet face our last day and all I saw was, “ mommy please make this end.” I had to set you free from a body that was failing you. I hope you heard my voice sending you off with so much love. I told you how beautiful you are, how lucky we all have been to know you and I felt so blessed to be your mom. You are the best, sweetest, kindest and we are all so lucky..

Run free my sweet Honeydew, breathe easy and breathe well and know we think of you everyday and love you very much. Georgia and I are so happy that you are healthy and happy and running around with new friends.

Be happy, Honeydew

Love your mommy and Georgia
Darlene
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Darlene,
Such a lovely tribute to your Honeydew! From reading your story it's easy to tell that Honeydew had a happy (and fun) life with you and Georgia.
I loved reading about your fun drives in the car and it was also very sweet how you described letting your baby go so peacefully. I'm sure that your voice was heard in those final moments. I know though how terribly painful and difficult it is afterward, having to go on without them...looking at all of their favourite places and feeling like you should see them there. So, so difficult! 😔
I hope you are doing okay. I do believe your Honeydew is happy and free now but also watching out over you and your sweet Georgia. 💗
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
P.S. Beautiful picture of your sweet Honeydew!! 🤗
Quote 0 0