KyleSuydam
I still don’t feel okay though I am getting better. Some days are better than others. I lost my sweet boy Jax suddenly when he lost the use of his hind legs and was in excruciating pain. We took him to the vet so they could keep watch on him and he quickly declined. This is just a brief summary of what was going on because it’s still hard for me to talk about or fathom. I had to go in to make a decision. I went in not knowing what to do but Jax communicated with me that it was time. I go back and forth with a lot of guilt and thinking what if I did this what if I did that. I only had him for 8 short years. I miss him every single day. I talk to him a lot and I know for certain he even visited me the other night when I awoke from my sleep.

I just want him to know how much I miss and love him and that I will never forget him for as long as I live. I know he will be waiting for me when the time comes.
Quote 0 0
Monty13
It's such a painful thing losing your beautiful pet. I feel so bad for you! Jax was lucky to have someone who loved him as much as you did and you cared for him right up until he had to go. I too questioned our decision but when I looked back it was the right thing for Monty and that's the important thing. It's great that you had a good dream about him and I hope you have alot more! I also believe they will be waiting for us when our time comes. In the meantime he would hate to see you feeling sad. Please take care!
Monty
Quote 0 0
KyleSuydam
Monty13 wrote:
It's such a painful thing losing your beautiful pet. I feel so bad for you! Jax was lucky to have someone who loved him as much as you did and you cared for him right up until he had to go. I too questioned our decision but when I looked back it was the right thing for Monty and that's the important thing. It's great that you had a good dream about him and I hope you have alot more! I also believe they will be waiting for us when our time comes. In the meantime he would hate to see you feeling sad. Please take care!
Monty

Thank you, it makes it a bit easier to relate with others that have lost their loved ones. And I agree, even when it got really bad he hurt me crying and propped himself up almost like he wanted to pretend he was ok.
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Am so so sorry for your loss of your baby jax I think wee all play those thoughts in our mind I still do and my boy passed nearly 10 weeks ago . I dont think anything prepares you for this pain . Theres so many different emotions like shock sadness and the what ifs . I will never get over losing my gizmo he was my world but I could not longer watch him in pain and that was 2 days he was struggling to breath that awful beast cancer had win but I fought a 25 month battle since he was first to get pts until that battle came to the end the week before his 11 birthday. And they will be waiting for us all to run up to us when weer reunited. Thinking of you at this hard time love & hugs Annemarie plz take care x
Quote 0 0
cakes488
YOU DID THE RIGHT THING....as hard as it is...you done good. 
Quote 0 0
Kronsky
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Jax. We also lost a cat to ATE where one minute he was fine and the next his hind legs paralyzed and him screaming in pain. There was nothing to be done but end his pain and allow him to go peacefully.

You loved your Jax and gave him a wonderful life. That's why the pain is so intense. It gets easier, or we just learn to cope better. He will always live in your heart.
Quote 0 0
Kimcarlson1974
I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. It’s been 7 weeks today since I lost Emma.
Quote 0 0
KyleSuydam
Thanks everyone, it helps to know that I did what was best. I want to honor his legacy by doing my best to be happy and know he wouldn’t want to see me sad.
Quote 0 0
Ollies_Grieving_Mama
If you'd like to share some happy memories of him, there are lots of people here who would be happy to reminisce with you. It seems to help, when you are ready to go there.
Ollie's Grieving Mama
Quote 0 0
ptactor
I know how everyone feels. It was three weeks ago today Trinity crossed the Rainbow Bridge and we still miss her terribly. Looking at these sites, the candelight gathering Monday nights and her memorial helps, along with the assurance we will be reunited again some day.

Pat Turner Jr.
Quote 0 0