Alicia_krypto Show full post »
dachsiemom
Of course you will never forget your beloved Krypto; he will be part of you forever.  But you will recover from the grief and you will go on.  I gather from your mention of 60 more years that you are a young woman, about the age I was when I experienced the loss of my first really special pet.  He was an orange tabby can named Antelope.  I used to wonder how I would ever be able live without him, and his death hit me really hard.  Six months later I got my first dog- a sheltie puppy named Loxley, whom I loved dearly.  When he died of cancer at 11 years I was devastated.  I got another sheltie puppy a week later but it was not the same.  Perhaps there would never be another special dog for me.  Then I found Brandon, a 2 month old red smooth dachshund.  It was love at first sight.  Of all the pets in my life (and there have been others I have not mentioned) Brandon has been the best.  I was 49 when I got him.  Now he is gone.  Unfortunately, these losses do not get any easier.  But I know now that I can get through it.  You can too.  Don't rush it.  Let the grief wash over you but don't let it drown you.  It is very likely that there is great joy in your future.  As much as I miss my little Brandon, I remind myself that I had a meaningful existance before him. My love for him must not ruin what is left of my life.  I hope to find joy again some day.  
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
Alicia_krypto
Jeffery,
I understand the silence. My house seems emotionless now. Now it is just me and Icee. She’s a pretty hyper dog overall but now she just seems board. I take her on walks and hold her on the sofa but she has also changed a bit. Last night before bed I found myself under the covers just crying and Icee was just staring at me.
Yes, of course I would love to keep in touch!!
Quote 0 0
Alicia_krypto
Dashsiemom,
Yes, I am young. I’m 28 years old. And krypto is the first pet loss I have ever had. Krypto really was my soulmate. But you are right, as the days go by I am not crying as much, mainly just at night before bed, and sometimes when I wake up.

You are so strong to get more pets after the loss of your special ones. I still have my Icee but she’s not the same... I don’t know when I would ever be able to get another. This pain is just too painful.

When I rescued krypto I was not in too good of a place emotionally. I was married at the time and we had many problems. But once I brought krypto home, I didn’t seem to let my problems with my husband affect me. Krypto was always by my side. I used to always tell my ex “krypto loves me more than you!” I always said it in a joking way but I know it really was true. Krypto was just so pure and special to me. I left my exhusband 2 years ago and krypto was always by my side. We have been through so much together.

Thank you so much for your words. I know it only takes time. And You are right! My live for krypto shouldn’t ruin what’s left of me. Thank you so much !!!
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
I can relate to much of what you say here about your bond with Krypto. When I got Brandon I was in a very bad marriage to an alcoholic, and things were getting worse. My older kids had left for college and the youngest was in her last year of high school, would be leaving soon. Brandon made such a difference for me.  A year after I got him I did leave my husband. This is the fifth home I have been in with Brandon.  Four years after my divorce I met my second husband. I know he was sometimes jealous of my relationship with my dog, but I would remind him that, "I've had Brandon a lot longer than I've had you!"  I have many special people in my life, but of course they all have other people they care about.  I am not the number one person for any of them. My husband has children and grandchildren by his first wife, and they will always take precedence over me.  My children are married and have their own children; those people are now more important to them than I am.  For Brandon I was the one and only!  His devotion to me was total.  

There was obviously something about Krypto that made you love him so much. But my guess is that there is also something about you that inspired such love and devotion from a dog. You are still that person.  I hope that some day you will find another soul mate.  I'm here to tell you that it can happen.  
Quote 0 0
Alicia_krypto
Wow, me too. My husband was also an alcoholic and would never come home so all I had were my babies wagging their tails for me. I know that most of the people who love me don’t really want to hear about my depression over my dog but ooohhhh man I can’t imagine this pain ever leaving me. Thank you for your kind words. They do resonate with me.
Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
I sometimes wonder if people who have been able to find a human "soul mate" become as attached to their pets.  Perhaps they do; I don't know because that has not been part of my life experience.  My friends and family are all wonderful, but my relationship with Brandon was on another level.  He was my heart's delight.  Now that the initial shock and deep grief have begun to lessen I can get back to doing the things I used to do. And yet I feel unanchored and aimless.  But I know from past experience that I will be able to get over this, just not today.
Quote 0 0
Alicia_krypto
In our lifetimes we have multiple soulmates, with both animals and humans. It’s just a bond that we have always had throughout our past lives. The bond and connection is so strong. I’m sure Brandon was one of your soulmate whom you found here in this lifetime. I know you will be reunited with him again one day :)
Quote 0 0