In_Denial_Joe
Hi, 1st post here...I'm in denial. A new Vet where I just moved to tells me my 10 year old German Shepherd has a tumor in his stomach and are trying to run many tests, do an ultrasound, biopsy, etc. before I know for sure if it is even a tumor or cancer.

I'm scared to lose him and I'm scared I won't be able to afford the tests, let alone the procedures to remove it if it is really a tumor. 

Does anyone know if this is really a tumor in his stomach? I need some straight talk so I know the truth! 

bear1cropped.jpg
Joe
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Hi Joe,

I'm sorry you're going through this uncertainty. I have not seen any cancer or tumor x Ray's before so I can't offer a hypothesis for you. Hopefully someone else might have seen something like this before. There are 2 additional forum categories in this site: one for pets health and one specifically for cancer. You might have better luck checking with folks there. In ref to the Bill's you could research pet charities to see if there's any financial help there.

Either way I wanted to offer you my sympathies for you current situation. I hope you don't lose him. Keep us posted.
Quote 0 0
CeeCeesMom
Hi Joe, I agree with everything Gingers_Mommy has written here.  The only thing I want to add is that I've been told that an ultrasound is better than an x-ray for detecting tumors in organs, such as the stomach.  I'm also so sorry for what you and your beloved dog are going through.  I hope it's not cancer.  God bless you both.

CeeCeesMom
Quote 0 0
In_Denial_Joe
Thank you both so much for your kind words! I continue to have a heavy heart...they tell me he is in perfect health otherwise and even got blood work back that came back normal so it just doesn't seem right! I'll try to find the cancer forum and see if anyone else can shed some light on whether it is a tumor...I just have to figure out how! 
Joe
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Joe, I posted on your thread on the cancer section. I don 't know if my ideas will be any help to you.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0