Foreverfranksmom
I lost my best friend, Frank, in March.  He ate our new baby's pacifiers and died from a surgery.  He was a wonderful bulldog who was with me through 2 deployments (which is a lot in his short 3.5 year old life.)

He was a bit jealous of the baby but loved him more than anything.  We got a new puppy about 2 months after Frank died and I am not sure if it is too early.

A few days ago I found one of my sons wooden blocks outside on our front yard (the ones with the numbers and letters) with a few doggy bite marks.  The letter "F" was on top.  There was no reason for this block to be on the front lawn.  Frank chewed there as much as possible but the lawn had been cut several times between his passing and me finding the block.  

Is this a sign from Frank?  I am not sure what to make of it.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
If it is not a sign it is quite a coincidence, especially since Frank chewed there so often.....
He was very young. I'm so sorry for your loss! MJ
Quote 0 0
Ell99
oh wow thats amazing- sorry for your loss. elle
Quote 0 0
Foreverfranksmom
Foreverfranksmom wrote:
I lost my best friend, Frank, in March.  He ate our new baby's pacifiers and died from a surgery.  He was a wonderful bulldog who was with me through 2 deployments (which is a lot in his short 3.5 year old life.)

He was a bit jealous of the baby but loved him more than anything.  We got a new puppy about 2 months after Frank died and I am not sure if it is too early.

A few days ago I found one of my sons wooden blocks outside on our front yard (the ones with the numbers and letters) with a few doggy bite marks.  The letter "F" was on top.  There was no reason for this block to be on the front lawn.  Frank chewed them as much as possible but never outside, and the lawn had been cut several times between his passing and me finding the block.  I do not even know how this block would get outside.

Is this a sign from Frank?  I am not sure what to make of it.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Frank  Winston was also an English Bulldog.  I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.  It was 2 months and 1 day before I got a sign from him.  It was a bone he loved, that was missing even before he passed.  It just showed up on the middle of my living room one day.   I would take the wooden block as a sign.  I was so blessed to have my baby for 12 years.  "flat faced" breeds of dogs are always risky for anasthesia.  Winston was a big chewer as a puppy too.

I started fostering dogs a little while after Winston passed because i was so lonely.  The first one i fostered I ended up adopting.  It took me a while to warm up to him, but now I love him like crazy.  He was never ever meant to replace my Winston, as NO dog ever could.  Give yourself a little time with the new pup.  It is still very early in your grieving.  All of us have different time frames for thios process.  I myself still grieve for my baby, but it has lessened a bit.  I wish you luck with the new baby and the new pup.  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
camunki
franksmom, yep i would call that a sign, and the letter F showing face up! wow, what a sign! and I am so sorry for your loss of your young boy.......I do think it is good that you have a puppy now, never to replace Frank....but to add joy and love to your family. I too ended up adopting/rescuing a pup about 2 1/2 months after my Munki passed away last Dec....the reason why i adopted and second guessed myself also on this...is i felt i was dis servicing my Munki, but in reality, I now have a change and give my new pup so much love and spreading my heart.

Keep watching for "signs" I have had about 13 dreams of my Munki since she passed and the dreams make me smile and feel great for her visiting!

Cam

Quote 0 0