LarryS Show full post »
Fishnmusicn
Very sorry for your loss. I lost my Molly six weeks ago today and I've tried to stay busy but a loss is a loss and I miss her deeply. I've been feeling very empty. She was starting to show signs of old age and the last week was tough. I had a mobile vet come to take bloodwork and the prognosis was not that bad but then it got worse and I had no choice. I'm very thankful that I didn't have to take her to the vet, and she was my tiger cat for 16 years, adopted her when she was 2. When I visit here I can cry just reading one word or looking at one touching picture, so many sweet companions we have had. May we all have peace and healing in time. All the best.

Chuck
Quote 0 0
LarryS
One whom I've left out except for casual mention is my wife, Stephanie. Shortly before we got married in '07, she had lost her beloved Chi Ling, her 14 yr old Siamese male. Steph left her home in Michigan, married me and moved to Florida with me. Steph and Tink bonded instantly and kept each other company for the 13 hrs a day that I was at work until I retired about 2 1/2 months ago. Stephanie is taking this at least as hard as I.
Quote 0 0
Trudijane
My sincerest condolences for the loss of such a lont-time family member. When I first atarted reading your question, the fact that Tink was going to out of way places to sleep (like under the bed or in the corner of the room) and has stopped eating, it's hard to really know if she was suffering but for sure she didn't feel very well and losing control of her organs was just part of the process.

I think it is wonderful that you had her for 22 years; I know it doesn't make it any easier for the loss and the pain; but part of me wished to god that I could have had my cat Coony with me for at least 17 tears, however, he got very ill very soon and unexpectedly at the age of 9 and he was doing the same things as your cat was at 22. That's what prompted me to bring him to the vet (which he didn't mind) who told me he was in critical condition. I would have given my right arm to have a longer life with him; but what he had was untrreatable or I should say the vets were n't optiistic about the outcome after being kept in an oxygen tank for 3 days.

I lost Coony on 8/12 and although the shock and acute pain has lessened, I cry each day. I want to hold him one more time and I ache to be with him again.

I also had a cat that lived to 18 when I was younger and it was incredibly painful to lose Cazzie because the bond only gets stronger with time. But I'm still feeling that life is unfair and cruel for taking away this soul I loved so prematurely.

Take care of yourself.
TrudiJaneNeiverth
Quote 0 0