rebeccaann28
Oh... How have I survived 12 days without my love, Jack?? I still can't believe he's gone. Yes, he is in my heart and hopefully his spirit will be with me always, I can only hope... I think I'm finally starting to accept the fact that he isn't coming back. Even though I was with him when he took his last breath, even though I picked up his ashes a week ago, even though.....

Since his little body gave out, I have been going for walks every day on a beach close to my house and I talk to Jack Pierre while walking.. I walk back and forth along the boardwalk and look out at the water when I reach each end. The other day when I reached one end of the boardwalk, I was telling him how much I love and miss him. I then saw a huge fish flop out of the water. I said aloud, "is that you Jack?" then ten seconds later the fish flopped out of the water again. I cried and talked to him some more. I said "mama loves you" and the fish flopped for a third time. I went to this beach all summer long and have never witnessed this. I understand fish do this periodically, but I want to believe this was a sign from my peanut. He was letting me know he's ok and loves me too..

I can't wait to be with him again. This thought is what gets me through every day. If I thought otherwise, I may not be able to go on.. We all hope there is really a 'bridge' and we hope to meet again. Is this a fallacy? GOd, I hope not.

I also haven't had a dream in a very long time, at least one I can remember. Two nights ago I had a dream about Jack, I got to hold him. It was the best dream ever. All I want in reality to hold him in my arms, rock him like my little baby and kiss the side of his head. I miss doing this. He IS my little baby.. I miss him so much. I have one of his pillows inside of a jacket he wore. I smell it and hold it like I held him. Tonight I had a good cry.. I'm so tired of crying,..

I am so close to going over the edge.. I am seeing a pet loss counselor and next week I'm attending a pet loss support group. I also intend on getting on some anti-depressants.. Am I the only one seeking medical attention?

Check out the cool photo I took - attached below.. I wrote his name in the sand at the beach..

Almost too much to handle right now.. It's not one day at a time, it's more like one hour at a time..
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Jack's mom,

Losing a special furbaby can shake the solid earth beneath us.  Many here have chosen to  go to a counselor or take medications of some sort.  Please know that everyone here is supportive of whatever it takes to get through the intensely difficult days of grieving for the loss of that special furbaby.

You were so lucky to have a dream in which you were able to hold your precious Jack.  I held my Kudo in a dream and vividly remember it to this day and it happened  7 years ago.  

We have all skated close to the edge of coping.  At the time,  I couldn't imagine feeling like everything would one day return to normal.  For some time I was on an hour to hour coping basis.  Gradually time makes it easier to cope, but the journey can be long, bumpy, with lots of ups and downs.  Your Jack stands with you on this journey; he remains your faithful friend.  He loves you as you love him.

Thinking of you.

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
Boogie
How lucky you are that he visited in your dreams! That was clearly a visit. :)

Day 12 is very, very, very early. I was still completely beside myself, raw, numb, crazed with pain. I think almost everybody here was like that at day 12. I have nothing against medication, but I would not personally take it. I want to be fully aware and present and feel every step along my grieving process. It is actually a beautiful process that confirms the love you have for your pet who is still with you, just in a different way right now.
My Boogie died on 3/25/2010. She was the best dog anybody could ask for. I will be with her again when my time comes.

A drawing of Pax by Heather Spears. She specializes in bereavement and is wonderful to work with, she understands how we feel. She can be reached at spears.heather@gmail.com
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I understand your grief.  I have been in counseling since I lost Ted on 7/7.  They are truly our soul mates and I was not sure how to function without him at my side.  I have made progress and am moving forward and you will too.  The fish was definitely a sign.  They come in all kinds of funny ways.  Enjoy it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  We need these little signs to remind us that life does go on and that our beloved, precious furbabies are safe and happy at the Bridge.  It will be 3 months tomorrow and I still have days that I get nothing done because of my grief.  Everyone goes through it differently but the end-result is that life does go on and the pain will subside.  You will never forget Jack Pierre and he will be waiting for you when the time is right.  Until then, you are connected by a "chord of love" (as judylinn says).  I believe it.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Rebaccaann28,

Without a doubt, I firmly believe it was a sign from your beloved Jack Pierre.  I've had some amazing and powerful signs from my Tootie.  They sound unbelievable, but as God is my witness they are true.  It's so amazing and unreal.  I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it myself.

A few days after my Tootie had passed away, I sent, via cell phone, a picture of my girl to my aunt.  She didn't receive a pic of Tootie.  She received a pic of a blue sky with fluffy white clouds, and I don't have a pic like that on my phone.  I believe that Tootie was saying that she is in Heaven and is ok.  One morning while sorting and pretreating laundry, I had sprayed some Shout on a shirt of mine.  While rubbing the Shout into lower stains on my shirt, the Shout I had sprayed on the upper stain had turned into a PERFECT heart shape.  I could not believe my own eyes!  It looked like a clear (not colored) heart sticker it was so perfect.  I get so mad at myself for not taking a pic of it.  I've also felt my Tootie getting on the bed with me at night to sleep close to me. 

You bet I believe that was Jack Pierre causing that fish to jump out of the water to "talk" to you.  It's so incredible that it happens, and you're so lucky that you've had such powerful signs from your beloved baby.

Don't ever feel that you're alone in needing to seek medical attention or therapy.  You suffered a tragic loss.  You lost a dear beloved family member.  It doesn't matter if he was 4 legged or not.  He was your baby! 

I had some terrible thoughts after I lost my Tootie.  I'm sure you can imagine what I mean.  If it weren't for my kids...well, you know.  But hang in there and know that your Jack Pierre is still with you in your heart and with you in spirit.  I believe that he wants you to be ok.

You are in my thoughts, Rebeccaann28.  You are not alone here.  I'm so glad you are here with us! :)

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
GentleGeorge
I had dreams of my boy within a month of his passing and it was very vivid and he was a younger version of himself.  I knew right off he was already gone from this earth so I gave him a great hug and he was thrilled to see me too.  I  know he's been returned to a younger version of himself, healthy, happy and alive (maybe not here but he exists!)   What was weird in the dream is when I was leaving him I turned and my neighbor who died a week before him was with him and he smiled and waved at me and he looked at least 20 years younger, so I know that had to be a sign.  I've read in books about people who die and come back and they say their relatives are young and healthy when they see them in the here after, that their illnesses are not there, even their teeth are restored, no dentures, etc.  If I can find the book I read at Target it was so good.  This man had died in a car crash, well he was legally died, and was brought back but he described everyone he saw, family, as younger versions of themselves.  It gives me hope that my dream of him younger, no greyed muzzle in recent years, tells me he has been restored and my neighbor just made it more believable.  God loves all his creatures, God doesn't make junk, my mom always says, and obviously He enjoys His creatures in His kingdom.  You are not alone in your grief, I'm at 6 months now.  I still get sad about him, but of course I will for a long while because he was FAMILY.  Hang in there....hope for more signs for you!

Check out this video of an author on pet dreams...
http://www.guideposts.org/video/pets/dreaming-about-pets-have-died

plus the article of his is here:
http://www.guideposts.org/pets/pets-heavenly-angels-or-angels-earth

I like guideposts because it's based more in Christian religion. 
Quote 0 0