always_tuffy
Dear Friends,
I want everyone to meet the new addition to my heart & life. Her name is BeccaLeigh. She is a 4 yr old French Bulldog. She is a rescue dog adopted from All God's Creatures in Columbus, KS. She is an addition to our lives, not a replacement for my baby dog Tuffy.  Tuffy's little spirit has whispered to me that he never new other dogs had never experienced a life without love, food and warmth and please Mom, find one who needs you and Daddy Puppy!  I found her online thru Petfinders.com. Discovered her late night Dec 1 and drove 70 miles to KS yesterday, Dec 2 to adopt her.
Already some of the terrible loneliness that has brought my life to a near standstill is being lifted. It is great to have a baby to take care of.  I have always had animals in my life. After Tuffy passed, my first thought was never again. But in honer of God's creatures and a tribute to my sweet Tuffy, I have chosen to take the chance to share my love with a new Furbaby.  It is great getting to know her, I'll have much to share w/everyone.
Love to each of you and all the support and comfort you have given me. I'll still need your love and help as I head down this new road. I know it will bring a new phase to missing Tuffy.
So in honor of all the precious lives lost, I present BeccaLeigh, a life saved.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
Leigh
Regina...I should have read this before I read your pm cuz this tells all about your new baby!
Welcome back to furbaby motherhood!  Isn't it great!??!!!
I know you wanted a puppy, but you must have been like me...once you saw and heard what those babies had been through, we HAD to take them home and make them ours.  What a great life BeccaLeigh will have with all of your love :)))  NOW she's one lucky little furbaby!
You should post a pic of her.  I just want to rub her all over ;)  What a doll!
Congrats, my friend!  What a heck of a Christmas present, eh? ;P  Annie, Mary and I are sooooooooo happy for you!!!
loves to my new niece and her new mom,
Auntie Leigh
Quote 0 0
TxGuy

I am so HAPPY!  How wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures!! Tuffy had a paw in this one for sure!

Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Congratulations Regina.  I understand the way in which the new babies lessen the pain.  I am very happy that you were able to open your heart to a new baby.  Please tell us more about your experience when you have time.  And, don't get discouraged if you have some weird emotions.  I was a little weird when I first got Pip but I got over it and am so happy I did it!
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Regina,
I couldn't be happier for you!   I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  This is the wonderful thing about this site.   To know the dark time you have been through and you have made it back into the light.  There are many sad stories of loss here at this site but there are also a lot of stories of hope and encouragement.  When we see people, like you, make it through and begin to have some peace and happiness again, it means it is possible for everyone.    I'm sure you are going to have your hands full and you will love every minute of it.   
Yes, we need pics as soon as possible! 
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Regina,

I am so happy for you.  No one could be happier for you than Tuffy is at this moment though.  Although adopting a new baby does bring a new chapter to the grieving process of losing your precious Tuffy, all in all it is a good thing.

Thinking of you.

Karen
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
Meghanm
That is so great to hear! There are so many dogs that need good and loving homes. Bless you for opening your heart to a new dog in need. I am so sorry for your loss of Tuffy.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy

Meghanm, Karen, DonnaLee, Barb, TxGuy & Leigh

Thank you all for your happiness for Becky & me (& hubby too). Sorry I've been long in replying. Just been spending lots of time watching Becky grow, in playfulness, in love, in freedom. I found something special in each of your comments!  Here's a few words to each of you! 

• Meghanm, I love the quote at the end of your reply, so touching, so true. It feels great to provide a home for one less fortunate than Tuffy.
  • Karen,  I absolutely believe Tuffy is happy for me and for Becky too. As you said, it is a new chapter to the grieving process of Tuffy's loss. It feels full circle, and it is a good thing.
  • DonnaLee, Yes, happiness w/her is abundant and peace comes a little more each day. It's been a terribly long 5 months w/o my Little Man. All the awful, awful, hurt & non stop tears makes moments with Becky so sweet & rewarding.
  • Barb,you are so right it is an "opening of the heart". You wrote once that, though you missed Ted so, it helped to have little Pip to hold and love during those times. I knew you were right and so glad the time has come for me too. It's sweet to talk to her about Tuffy and smile through the sadness.
  • TxGuy, Tuffy taught me so much about loving deeply, all out, and with no reservations. I slowly realized that my grief of his loss, was also grief over losing the presence of that deep love in my life. Tuffy's "paw" pointed me in the direction of loving again, and a lesson in never giving up on love.

• And last but definitely not least Leigh, Mary & Annie. Love you 3. You & I lost our "hearts" just days apart. Hearing about Mary & the love you two shared. Learning about Annie & the love you two have found. It's been a heck of a ride. Now I find myself laughing when I thought I would cry or crying when I meant to laugh!  I think you get what I mean!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
Leigh
I just saw this post today.  It seems like I miss a lot of posts.
Can you believe that you're coming up on only 3 weeks with Becky?  Doesn't it seem like forever?  Have you posted any more pics of her?  How is my little niece doing?
Annie's doing great.  Adorable! lol  Found out she doesn't know how to open presents.  My niece gave her a present and she just sit there looking at it but was grinning her little Elvis grin.  She was like Happy Day when it was opened for her, though.  Guess I'll have to show her how to open them on Christmas.
How's everybody doing?  MIL, stepson, gdaughter, Chuck, you?
Good news!  Our son is going to be here after all!  He met Annie right after we got her.  She walked into his apartment and promptly pooped in front of his tv. lol  Way to make a great first impression, doggy girl. lol  He really liked her by the time we left a couple of hours later.  
Annie is loving having our 9-year old great nephew here.  He's a kind kid with a good soul and loves animals so there hasn't been any problems.
I didn't know a dog could shed so much!  I bet she's lost enough fur to stuff one of those body pillows full! lol  Floyd said that now he knows why people put clothes on dogs...so the hair will be stuck inside the clothes instead of getting all over everything ;)  
love and hugs,
Leigh

Quote 0 0