harmonica Show full post »
harmonica
Kara,

Thanks so much.. I had really wonderful dreams last night that he is happy and well.  I will post them later. they were so beautiful!!!!
Lisa
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
I am also finding it harder lately.  The first few days I cried all the time then I found a kind of peace.  Now the tears are back and I cry at the slightest thing.  I miss Bailey so much.  I haven't been sleeping well.  I know he is at peace and I have accepted that I made the right decision to let him go because he was in so much pain but the grief I feel is overwhelming.  Everywhere I see people walking dogs.  I will be sat in the garden and I hear dogs barking.  I wonder if it will ever get easier.

Lisa - I am so happy that you had some wonderful dreams.  I hope they give you some comfort and peace.

I do try to get on here every evening but lately I have been busier than usual.  I will try to read all of the posts sometime soon.  You are all in my thoughts and thank you again for all of your support.
Quote 0 0
ashindi
Meg wrote:
I had to put my cat Maggie to sleep today and I'm distraught. She was only 11 and had cancer but was acting totally normal until 3 days ago.  It was so quick-I'm in shock and have been hysterical.  I know this is normal but the pain is so deep.  I feel like I will never have joy in my life again.  I lost a cat 13 years so i know logically I will but it hurts so much now. I know you all have felt this pain.  I know its raw right now but I'm in bad shape.  Any words of support would be welcome.y
Just hang in there Meg My dog Indi crossed over three weeks ago tomorrow and I also lost my mother three years ago, I know it sounds funny but the grief was just the same, I tell myself I recovered from that loss and I will recover from this one, I was right, every day is getting easier for me. I know everyone grieves in different ways, but just hang in there you will lose the pain but you will never stop missing her. If you need someone I am here.
Quote 0 0
harmonica
Ginad wrote:
Dear Bodacious Mommy, I picked my Honey girl up today and feel so good to have her home.  Just to know that I didn't leave her their to be dumped like a pile of rubbish.  It drives me crazy the cost of vet bills and I know what you mean about $$$$ Honey cost me $2000 in a span of 3 months, but I wouldn't change a thing for I had 3 months more with her.  I walk her brother around the same routes we used to take and sometimes I feel like she is walking besides us, so you keep walking that beach and think of BoBo every time you do. Here is a photo of her a couple of days before she passed having the biggest yawn... probably bored with her little brothers antics...

Gina, I felt exactly the same. I felt like having Spike not at home with me was like leaving him as if he were a pile of rubbish. Amazing how all of our grief has a common thread. Im glad Honey is back home with you.
Lisa
Quote 0 0
harmonica
I know just how you feel.  I am worse now then I was at first.  It's been 5 weeks to the day that Bodacious crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. This whole past week I have been a basket case! The worse thing was when they picked him up last Wed. to be cremated. I went nuts!  It wasn't bad enough he had to sit in deep freeze till I had the $$ to pay for it.  But, just the thought of him being cremated just kills me. Knowing that his body won't be here any more. Just tore me up!  The Beach was BoBo's favorite place also.  I haven't been there yet since he's gone. I might enjoy it tho.  Cause I think he will be there with me in spirit. I can just envision him laying on the beach watching the waves & the people. I'm sure he would be swimming right with me. I figured it would be calming for me. Don't know yet tho. 
Ps.  I am also single.....  Bodacious was my whole life.  I get him back tomorrow. Well now it's today. I know I'm gonna be a basket case. He just became a Resident Monday.  He is the last one under B.  This is a very good place for you to be with people that care and are going threw the same thing. It's helped me allot. If only I can figure out how to {Post My Own Story} on this forum. I haven't been able to figure that out yet????  HeLP............. I posted a puppy picture. I don't have any currant ones on my PC yet. [/QUOT

That had to be awfully hard to have him stored like that until you could cremate him.  I too felt just sick about the whole disposal of the remains. I wanted his whole body back with me but I couldn't just bury him myself, and they don't even give you that option anyway. Plus they did it so quick I was afraid he was still alive. The things that go through our minds.  Im so sorry for your loss.
Lisa
Quote 0 0
harmonica
Baileys_mum_01 wrote:
I am also finding it harder lately.  The first few days I cried all the time then I found a kind of peace.  Now the tears are back and I cry at the slightest thing.  I miss Bailey so much.  I haven't been sleeping well.  I know he is at peace and I have accepted that I made the right decision to let him go because he was in so much pain but the grief I feel is overwhelming.  Everywhere I see people walking dogs.  I will be sat in the garden and I hear dogs barking.  I wonder if it will ever get easier.

Lisa - I am so happy that you had some wonderful dreams.  I hope they give you some comfort and peace.

I do try to get on here every evening but lately I have been busier than usual.  I will try to read all of the posts sometime soon.  You are all in my thoughts and thank you again for all of your support.

I know how you feel. It seems as though dogs are coming up to me more lately. It makes me sad when people ask me if I will get another one. My reply is that he wasn't just a wool sweater!

Miss you
Lisa
Quote 0 0
DCF
Aww such cute pictures of your baby.  I just picked up Bodacious last Wednesday, 6/19. I was so grateful to have him back home with me.  I was so surprised how special and pretty they did everything up for me.  I had to go threw the Humain Society.  It was only $100. for the cremation.  He came home in a beautiful solid wooden box, with real nice carved flowers on the top of it. And a gold heart with his name engraved in it, on the front of the box. I was shocked! They even included a cremation certificate. They really went all out to make it as nice as they could. It was very comforting to me.  Bodacious has been visiting me daily. Little stinker, he was always such a smart puppy dog.  And even from the Spirit world he is communicating with me.  When I looked at the box, I was looking for a way to open it. With no luck, it seemed to be permanently sealed. I even tried to slide different parts to open it.  When I was showing Bodacious how pretty it was & that It didn't open. The following evening.  I don't know how???  But he got threw to me to notice a little notch on the bottom to slide it open from underneath.  I was astonished!  Boy he really gets his point across to me. The things he has been doing and the visits really cheer me up. I get to talk to him again. And read to him what people have wrote in his Guest Book. I think he likes that. I've been missing him so bad, and have been so heart broken over loosing him. And the fact that I did this to him by feeding Beniful dog food for a few days, has me in denial that this could have happened. I just can't get over it......  Thank you to everyone for being there for me..... God Bless
Bodacious Mommy
Quote 0 0