ashindi
Today I was outside weeding the garden and I came cross a place where my baby girl used to like to lay on a hot day, she would dig a hole to lay in, we couldn't see her but we could see the dirt flying out. Well needless to say the tears started to flow and I could no longer continue. It's been nearly three months since I made the decision to have her put to sleep, I thought the pain was gone but it just needs a trigger like this. I still miss her so much. RIP Indi Lou my baby girl
Quote 0 0
Seleya
I don't think the pain will completely go away. My first cat, Lilly, passed away in October 2000. We lived out in the country and whenever I would call for her, she would run up to me and greet me. That day in October I called, but she never showed up. Being 11 at the time, I didn't understand why. She had a litter of kittens a few weeks before. My mom told me later that day that she had found her; she got hit by a car. My mom never let me see her body. She told me that she was in bad shape to put it nicely. We had to hand feed her babies til they could eat kitten food. I still cry to this day. I miss my Lilly so much. And then on Monday, my Kara passed away. At least she didn't die alone. My brother and I were able to be by her side in her time of passing.

My heart goes out to you.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0