Polly
You were taken from me 5 long years ago today, Casper, at the tender age of 22 months after a very short but devastating illness.

Do you remember, as you fell asleep forever, I held you in my arms and whispered to you that I would always love you, and would never forget you? I made a solemn promise to you that day small man, one that I will never break as long as I still have breath in my body.

The passing of time has healed my broken heart. I now remember you with a smile on my face, a smile that is still a little bit wistful, true, but a smile nonetheless. 

You are forever in my heart and soul, my sweet boy. 

Sleep peacefully in your eternal rest.

Mum xxxxxxx    

Quote 0 0
fonziesmom
Hugs to you.
I can't imagine carrying this pain for five years and I know I will have it for many more more than that.
I will love and miss you forever, My Fonzie Bear...
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
How wonderful that you have never forgotten Casper. I had tears in my eyes reading your post as he was so young and, when a baby is taken at such a tender age, it is devastating. It is heart warming that you made a promise, a promise that you have kept and will do until you have no breath in your own body. I think that is beautiful.

I have the same thoughts about the loss of four of my cats years ago; they have never been forgotten and never will be. I am currently grieving the loss of my feline soul mate, Gonzo, who was taken from me on 17th July, and my canine soul mate, Solly, who I said goodbye to on 22nd September. The pain is still fresh and at times the days are a struggle. Like the previous four, I will never forget those two loyal companions either. Sometimes an animal – or animals – can get right under your skin and burrow into your heart. Gonzo and Solly were two such animals. Currently, their loss is killing me softly and I am working through each day as best I can.

Thank you for posting about Casper and may he rest in beautiful peace.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0