Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 33      1   2   3   4   Next   »
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #1 
In memory of Little and Batman - my Angel kitties who are waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge ...

They will not go quietly,
The cats who have shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know:
Their spirit still survives.

Old habits still make us think,
We hear meowing at the door.
Or step back when we drop
A tasty morsel or treat on the floor.

Our feet still go around the place
The food dish used to be,
And sometimes, most times, coming home at night,
We miss them terribly.

And although time may bring new friends
And a new food dish to fill,
That one place in my heart for Little and Batman
Belongs to me ...

And always will.

Little :  Feb. 4, 1998 - Feb. 24, 2016      

Batman : Spring 2001 - May 28, 2014     

My Little kitty has been gone to the Rainbow Bridge 4 months today.  My heart is still broken and I still miss him just as much as the day I lost him.  I will never forget him or get over losing him.  My Batman has been gone to the Rainbow Bridge 2 years and 1 month (on the 28th).  He passed away in my arms.  I still miss him too and will never forget him.   Little was my baby, my everything.  Batman was my buddy, my catdog.  I love them and miss them more than anything.  One day we will all be together again ...
KatiesMom

Reply with quote  #2 
What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry for your loss and feel with you. ....

More than anything, I also hope to be with my Katie again, when it is time. And with all my babies.
CKMP

Reply with quote  #3 
Betty, I am so sorry another day marking the loss has come around.  It is these days that are so especially difficult and more so often the days leading up to and after.  A sentiment from your heart - what a wonderful poem for Batman and Little.  It is a long road through the grief and we seem to find a way through and then we seem to get lost once again within it.  I have read so many quotes and stories over the months not only on the forum but just by looking for some sense and some comfort about my own loss and find there are many words that seem to resonate and capture our emotions and the impact but nothing so fitting as your own words for Little and Batman.   We seem to be able to weather other losses - friends, even family with greater stoicism and calm.   Losing a fur companion so loved affects us so differently and so deeply than these other losses.
I believe Little is with you - and also one day he will sit on your lap and look at you as if to say 'see mum, we were always together . . .no matter what.'
And, while I can now appreciate these words:  "There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief." [and often 'run' from the joyous memories because of the sadness and tears they bring] Little left with you all those memories and moments that were special between just you and him.  Something that is so uniquely yours to carry with you for always.  Thinking of you  . . . of Little and Batman.  
CKMP

Reply with quote  #4 
Betty,
Hope your days are a bit better.
Precious moments and precious memories wrapped up in the wings of fur angels are yours forever and ever . . .
CKMP

Reply with quote  #5 
Thinking of you, Little and Batman on this Wednesday.  Days go by, don't they? Time passes but memories stay.  'Little angel' is near.  . . 
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you so much Cody!  19 long, hard weeks.  It's still so hard to believe that my baby is really gone.  I look at his picture and it just hurts so much - I want him back so badly!  Time is not helping a lot.  I still miss him so much.  Like you said time goes by but I still have the memories.  I do hope my  "Little Angel" is near!  I need him so much ...

Hugs ...
Betty
CKMP

Reply with quote  #7 
Just a note to let you know, you, Batman and Little are remembered on this day of the week.  I know both are missed so much - and that "Little Angel" is always close to help you through the days . . . May Memories and dreams of cherished moments fill your thoughts, bring more of a smile, tears of love and joy than sadness and loneliness.
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you so much Cody!  Today is 20 weeks and it's coming up on 5 months.  Yes, both of my babies are still missed so much and it still hurts with a pain that is beyond words.  I've come to accept that Little is gone but I won't ever stop missing him.  We still light his candle every night.  His things are still around.  I think I am getting a few small signs from him as I am getting more receptive to them.  It would be nice to be able to turn back time wouldn't it?  But I guess the end result would still be the same.  Kitty does things that are so like Little and Batman and I have to smile at him.  He is slowly working his way into my heart I think.  He will never be Little but he is what he is.

Thinking of you and Maggee also.  4 months for you now.  So hard to believe isn't it?  Take care of yourself and Kassee.

Hugs ...
Betty
CKMP

Reply with quote  #9 
A "Little" extra thought today for you.  
Take care.
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you so much Cody for always remembering Little, Batman, and me on these dreaded Wednesdays.  21 weeks - 4 more days and it will be 5 months.  Still hard to believe he is gone.  Still hurts.  Still miss him.  Still love him always.

Hugs to you and Kassee.  I know you are missing Maggee like crazy but she is right there with you!

Hugs ...
Betty
CKMP

Reply with quote  #11 
Knowing today marks 5 months -

LITTLE,

"May your whiskers be ruffled by only pleasant breezes,
May your bowl be filled with tuna and sweet cream.
May your dreams be blessed with legions of mice,
And most of ,
May you forever purr in peace."  

[taken from Barbara Younger]
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you so much Cody for remembering!  And thank you so much for the sweet poem - made me cry. Yes, today marks 5 months since Little left for the Rainbow Bridge.  He will be purring in peace and wellness from now on, that's for sure.  He is all healed and is running with his brother Batman.  They are both well now and eating well and enjoying the sun.  The Angels are taking care of them until I am with them again.  It's impossible not to miss my Little and want him back today.  He was my soul, my heart, - my "heart kitty".  There are no words to describe what he meant to me and how much I love him still and always will. I know he has to be close by today and I am looking for signs. 

In memory today of my sweet, handsome Little  -   Feb. 4, 1998 - Feb. 24, 2016

I love you Little!!!

BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you Little for all the love, joy, comfort, companionship, understanding, laughter, and beautiful memories you brought into my life.  You will forever be missed and loved.

I love you my sweet Little ..
Mommy
CKMP

Reply with quote  #14 
Getting by this Wednesday with a Little Bit of angel help I hope.
BeachieGirl33

Reply with quote  #15 
Just a "little" note to my Little and Batman:

Little and Batter - I haven't forgotten you and I still hurt and cry and miss you so much.  We had thunder and lightning last night and your Daddy said that is was just Little and Batman making sparks at each other.  I do hope Batter is behaving and being a good brother to you Little.  You are both well now and eating your tuna again.  The Angels are playing with you and looking after you now but one day I will be there to take over and we will be together again forever.  I will never, ever forget you two - you are my babies.  We are still lighting candles.  Please come soon to visit and leave me a sign.  My heart is broken.  I will see you at the Rainbow Bridge.

I love you Little and Batman!
Mommy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.