Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 6     «   Prev   3   4   5   6
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories_of_Marmalade

Greetings Jeffrey,

I am sorry for your loss of Lady G. She was such a cutie and such a beauty! What a character. Your property is quite impressive. I can see how she must have loved roaming it and protecting it. I caught up on many of your posts and your photos and videos. It is so apparent how much you deeply loved her. I lost a cat I dearly loved way back in 1988. A black Persian named Cosmos. He was only 3 years old. He was living with me at a film location. An abandoned WW 2 Sea Plane hanger on Terminal Island in California.

One morning Cosmos slipped out of the building and went outside into the adjacent parking lot. Two wild dogs attacked him and killed him. Then they attacked my neighbors dog. Her boyfriend proceeded to then kill the wild dogs. It was tragic beyond words. After I discovered that our neighbor had disposed of Cosmos in a nearby dumpster, I gently removed him and balling my eyes out, I went to the building shop and built a small coffin out of wood, painted it black and painted stars and planets on it (as he was named Cosmos) and lined it in white satin. I carefully placed Cosmos in it, then buried the little coffin under some rocks on an empty stretch of nearby coastline. When I went back to the location a few nights later, it was fenced off and had become a Bird Sanctuary. I swear! Go figure!

Just over 4 weeks ago, I put down my beloved orange & white tabby cat, my tiger-man "Marmalade." One night the local bully feral cat "Blackie" attacked Marmalade's girlfriend cat "Star" next door. Marmalade came to me while I was watching TV and just stared at me, and I turned down the TV and asked him "What's wrong Doc?" (< a favorite nickname) and then I could hear the screams coming from next door from Star. Marmalade was deaf, but he could hear high frequencies.

I followed him to the rear gate of our warehouse and went to open the gate. Marmalade shot past me as Blackie shot past the gate and they ended up in the street in a death embrace. It was the most vicious cat fight I have ever witnessed. After I was able to separate them by strategically stepping on Blackie's tale, they separated. Marmalade chased after Blackie and stood at the end of the block. His chest stuck out proudly as if he was the Lion King. I called after him and he trotted back to the warehouse. 

Marmalade was pleased with himself, I didn't have the heart to admonish him. So I complimented him for being so brave and coming to the recuse of his girlfriend, and petted him and carefully looked him over. He had been wounded on his left ear. But it looked like he would be okay. But his ear proceeded to bleed for months, although I had taken him to a Vet and an Animal Hospital. He would shake his head and blood would go onto my glasses, the wall and TV screen. I had to raise the funds for the operation and succeeded in doing so. 

The surgery he required had complications. He had either a stroke or nerve damage. This contributed I believe to his further decline and deterioration. In the end that Tom Cat fight he chose to get into outside, contributed to his demise. But he was doing what cats love to do. Being a cat. He was very good about not running away from me, but that night he simply could not resist. I think he would think that in the end, for him..."it was a Good Death." 

I am glad to see that you are continuing to heal and still remember your dear little girl. I am sure she loved, cherished & adored you, as much as you did her.

Thank you very much for the kind words, and for sharing the stories of your two wonderful cats. I love their names, by the way! And I am truly sorry for your loss as well. Cosmos seems to have him a truly special resting place. Of all places, a bird sanctuary! LOL 

As for Marmalade, he very well may have thought he was also protecting you that night he got in that fight. My dear Lady G., who was just as sweet as she could be, was also extremely protective over her territory, and over me as well. I've seen her run off the occasional stray cat, even small dogs over the years, that got near her yard, or tried to approach me. She would even run off raccoons and opossums that came to eat the acorns from the live oak trees. I didn't like her doing all that, but it always happened so quickly, there was no way to stop her. She would be inside at night, and hear something out in the yard around the house, and would haul tail out the window to investigate. She had her small territory, and she protected it. One late night, around 2 in the morning, she was sleeping on my bed while I was at the computer. I turned to check on her, and she was staring with extreme focus at the window, which I had half way open for her to go and come as she pleased at night. I knew something was out there for her to be doing that, but for her to not get up and go out there, kind of puzzled me. About that time, I heard footsteps walking across the crunchy leaves in my yard, and I knew there was a person out there. So I got up and looked out the window, and sure enough, there was a guy walking from my porch, which is an open porch. I held him till the police came, and they ran his name and all, and let him go on his way. That was crazy!

I know everyone says this about their pets, but Lady G. was truly a special little soul. I miss her so much, and I know I will for the rest of my life. I may have another awesome cat some day, but there will never be another Lady G. God bless her soul!

Again, thank you very much for the kind words, and for even taking the time to respond. I really do appreciate it.

Her Memorial Thread
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/in-loving-memory-of-lady-g-10037593
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #77 
Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your response. I totally concur. Marmalade may have thought that he was protecting me too. I wonder if when I intervened with his Tom Cat fight with Blackie, did he think I was joining into the fray? Did he think that we tagged-teamed together against Blackie? That Lady G. was indeed a firecracker! We are very blessed to have had such cats in our lives for the time that we did. They are truly missed. : *** ) 
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories_of_Marmalade
Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your response. I totally concur. Marmalade may have thought that he was protecting me too. I wonder if when I intervened with his Tom Cat fight with Blackie, did he think I was joining into the fray? Did he think that we tagged-teamed together against Blackie? That Lady G. was indeed a firecracker! We are very blessed to have had such cats in our lives for the time that we did. They are truly missed. : *** ) 

Marmalade may very well have thought you and him were tag-teaming Blackie. Every time I would hear a tom cat meowing around my house for Lady G. at night, I would run out there as fast as I could and stomp my feet, clap my hands, and make noises with my mouth to scare him off. Most times I never even seen the cat, just would hear him. Lady G. knew exactly what I was trying to do, and would stand there the entire time while I was acting all crazy to scare him off. She knew I was protecting her, no doubt about it. She was fixed and could not have any kittens.

I took great care of her, and would do anything in the world for her. She knew I loved her dearly. She made me feel just as special in return. Her and I had such a strong bond, and were truly best of friends.

Her Memorial Thread
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #79 
6 long months ago today, my sweet little girl was taken away. It’s been miserable without her by my side. I miss her like crazy.

I love you dearly, Dooders!

Her Memorial Thread
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #80 

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for checking in with all of us. I am sorry for this 6 month anniversary day of your losing your beloved Lady G.  

My Marmalade was put to sleep 8 weeks ago this past Thursday. : *** I 

I too miss my boy like crazy and my life has been miserable without him. He was the light of my life.

I hope you are continuing to heal and doing a little better.

Kind regards,
James
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.