Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 6     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   Next
June_H

Reply with quote  #61 

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygordy
My beautiful Susy may she RIP

She is so beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss...

I put to sleep my beloved kitty yesterday too, he had cancer...

My heart is broken.... :'(((( I do not know how to recover from this awful pain and emptiness...Nothing makes me happy...

happygordy

Reply with quote  #62 
June, so sorry.   It is now 3 months I loss Susy but it seems like yesterday I was just enjoying her.   Since then I have a new indoor cat that is also a mainecoon, her name is TIKKI and she is beautiful.   Also another outdoor cat has made her home in my backyard with her 3 kittens (about 2 mos old) and it is beautiful to see them.

But all in all it doesnt complete the hole in my heart.

thanks, Joanne

Reply with quote  #63 

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygordy
June, so sorry.   It is now 3 months I loss Susy but it seems like yesterday I was just enjoying her.   Since then I have a new indoor cat that is also a mainecoon, her name is TIKKI and she is beautiful.   Also another outdoor cat has made her home in my backyard with her 3 kittens (about 2 mos old) and it is beautiful to see them.

But all in all it doesnt complete the hole in my heart.

thanks, Joanne

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your kind words!

I am slowly getting better...Love never dies...

We should love somebody to be loved again...

Love,

June

Will_Never_Forgive_Myself

Reply with quote  #64 
Jeffrey_In_USA
I read about your sweet Lady G. She was fairly young. I'm sorry about your loss of Lady G. She was beautiful, thank you for posting pictures. You loved her so. I could tell you adored her. I'm sure she adored you. How are you coping? You seem to be doing better as time has passed. I saw you said you have times you have to cry. You seem like a strong person handling it well. I lost my 6 yr old dog because of a really terrible mistake and I live with that everyday. I'm still feeling awful after a couple of months so time has not been on my side. I wish I could be strong. Mine is an odd situation. Take care and stay strong. Tina
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_Never_Forgive_Myself
Jeffrey_In_USA
I read about your sweet Lady G. She was fairly young. I'm sorry about your loss of Lady G. She was beautiful, thank you for posting pictures. You loved her so. I could tell you adored her. I'm sure she adored you. How are you coping? You seem to be doing better as time has passed. I saw you said you have times you have to cry. You seem like a strong person handling it well. I lost my 6 yr old dog because of a really terrible mistake and I live with that everyday. I'm still feeling awful after a couple of months so time has not been on my side. I wish I could be strong. Mine is an odd situation. Take care and stay strong. Tina

Thank you very much for the kind words. Getting on these support forums and talking about my precious, little girl, has been helpful to me. And being able to offer others some encouraging words, helps too. Of course, I do still get upset, and I expect this will continue for a long time. My heart still aches terribly for my little girl.

Very sorry for your loss, and hope you're able to find comfort soon. Hang in there. It's really all we can do.

Her Memorial Thread
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/in-loving-memory-of-lady-g-10037593
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #66 

3 months ago today, the most precious little girl in the world was taken from me. She was my world. My best friend. My little angel. There hasn't been a day go by that I haven't thought of her, and cried at least once. Even through all the pain, I still manage to occasionally smile while thinking of her, or while looking at her sweet photos and videos.

Thank you my dear Lady G., for filling my life with so much love and happiness. Thank you for choosing me to be your best friend. Thank you for all the beautiful memories you have given me, and for all the countless number of times you made me laugh and smile. Thank you for being my shadow, and following me all around the yard, hanging out with me, and for allowing me to take all those beautiful pictures and videos of you. Thank you for being the most awesome, most precious, and most loving cat in the world. Thank you for everything, Punkin'.

I love you and miss you soooooooooooooooooooo much!

Lady G. (Jan. 20, 2009) (4).jpg 

Her Memorial Thread
emjl81

Reply with quote  #67 
Aw Lady G!!! I still miss my cat Kitty too. Life has not been the same even with a new cat in the house. 

Reply with quote  #68 
Thinking of you on this beautiful Easter day, Lady G. I love you and miss you very much!

Her Memorial Thread
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #69 

Four months ago today, you were taken from me. And it’s been a hard four months without you, Lady G. I've kept a few things the same around here for you. I still have the window screen up to where it was the last time you came through my window. I still even open the window for you every night I am home. I still keep that chair up next to the 4-wheeler so it’s easier for you to get up and down at my window. I still have that old chair at the back of the boat that made it easier for you to get in and out of. I still have your cat food, too, but plan to give it to the lady that you belonged to first. It’s just hard to give away something that was yours. I know you wouldn't mind, I've just got to bring myself to do it. Plus, we'd be helping her cat that you were friends with.

Lastly, on May 4th, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Rose bushes for you (one on each side of your grave). I am praying for them to grow successfully and produce tons of beautiful flowers for us, and hope they'll do so forever. You certainly deserve a beautiful grave site, punkin.

I love you Lady G.

Her Memorial Thread
neesy369

Reply with quote  #70 
This is a beautiful post to your Lady G. I am sure she will feel so happy, proud and special. She is always with you and around you
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neesy369
This is a beautiful post to your Lady G. I am sure she will feel so happy, proud and special. She is always with you and around you

Thank you very much, neesy369. 

Her Memorial Thread
Ellycat

Reply with quote  #72 
She's gorgeous. She too reminds me of Katie.  I wish you nothing but positive energy.
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellycat
She's gorgeous. She too reminds me of Katie.  I wish you nothing but positive energy.

Thank you very much, Elly. Wishing you all the best as well.

Her Memorial Thread
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #74 

qeeb5uj.jpg

Five months ago today, my dear Lady G. lost her life. I buried my little girl in my backyard, in front of a huge live oak tree. I knew that when the weather warmed up, I was going to try and make it look better around her gravesite. For all the love that she had shown me through the years, for all the smiles she put on my face, for all the times she made me laugh, and for all the wonderful memories she has given me, she deserves a beautiful resting place.

Back on May 4th, and after the weather had warmed up, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Roses next to her grave. And I am happy to report that the roses look to be growing very well, and have already produced several beautiful roses on each bush, with a few new buds now starting to develop again. I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was when the first tiny green rose buds appeared on those rose bushes. And the excitement level kicked up a notch when I started seeing a small amount of red peeking through them. Several days had passed by, and then one morning I woke up and looked out the window and saw one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen- a tiny, red rose. All from the first rose bush I've ever planted. In a location I was told they would never grow. The next morning I got up and looked out the window at her gravesite, as I do every morning, and I be darn if there wasn't another tiny rose on display. And for the next few days or so, a few more roses appeared (seven total). By the way, that's a picture of one of my roses at top. Y’all have no idea how happy this has made me for Lady G.

On June 4, I bought a 1-gallon Pink Double Knock Out Rose, and planted it between the first two red rose bushes. So far, it seems to be growing well. And I do see some buds starting to develop on it. I'm very excited and can’t wait to see some beautiful pink roses appear. Lady G. had a pink nose, so I knew I had to plant some pink roses, too. Of course, I still want to plant some white flowers at some point, to match her white fur.

Today, June 14, 2019, I planted some grass seed out there. I hope it will come up and grow nicely for her. It was mostly dirt out there, with a few patches of grass and weeds, so hopefully it will start looking a whole lot better out there before long.

I have to admit, I've really enjoyed myself being out there around her, doing all of this for her. I even told her she was going to have to help me grow things, because I needed all the help I could get. I don’t know much about flowers or how to go about growing and taking care of them, but I've been reading a lot of articles and watching videos, trying to learn all I can. No doubt that helped me with the roses. Our work is not done yet, though. I may not succeed in the long run, but I am certainly going to try. I must do so for her.

I miss you dearly, Lady G. Love you, punkins!

If interested, you may go and read the threads about my roses over at the gardening forums in the links below.

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/double-knock-out-roses-drift-roses.40960/#post-377460

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1505791/#post_10428503

https://garden.org/thread/view/107301/Questions-About-Issues-With-My-Roses/

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/homemade-sprays-for-double-knock-out-roses.41102/#post-377328

Her Memorial Thread
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #75 

Greetings Jeffrey,

I am sorry for your loss of Lady G. She was such a cutie and such a beauty! What a character. Your property is quite impressive. I can see how she must have loved roaming it and protecting it. I caught up on many of your posts and your photos and videos. It is so apparent how much you deeply loved her. I lost a cat I dearly loved way back in 1988. A black Himalayan cat named Cosmos. He was only 3 years old. He was living with me at a film location. An abandoned WW 2 Sea Plane hanger on Terminal Island in California.

One morning Cosmos slipped out of the building and went outside into the adjacent parking lot. Two wild dogs attacked him and killed him. Then they attacked my neighbors dog. Her boyfriend proceeded to then kill the wild dogs. It was tragic beyond words. After I discovered that our neighbor had disposed of Cosmos in a nearby dumpster, I gently removed him and balling my eyes out, I went to the building shop and built a small coffin out of wood, painted it black and painted stars and planets on it (as he was named Cosmos) and lined it in white satin. I carefully placed Cosmos in it, then buried the little coffin under some rocks on an empty stretch of nearby coastline. When I went back to the location a few nights later, it was fenced off and had become a Bird Sanctuary. I swear! Go figure!

Just over 4 weeks ago, I put down my beloved orange & white tabby cat, my tiger-man "Marmalade." One night the local bully feral cat "Blackie" attacked Marmalade's girlfriend cat "Star" next door. Marmalade came to me while I was watching TV and just stared at me, and I turned down the TV and asked him "What's wrong Doc?" (< a favorite nickname) and then I could hear the screams coming from next door from Star. Marmalade was deaf, but he could hear high frequencies.

I followed him to the rear gate of our warehouse and went to open the gate. Marmalade shot past me as Blackie shot past the gate and they ended up in the street in a death embrace. It was the most vicious cat fight I have ever witnessed. After I was able to separate them by strategically stepping on Blackie's tale, they separated. Marmalade chased after Blackie and stood at the end of the block. His chest stuck out proudly as if he was the Lion King. I called after him and he trotted back to the warehouse. 

Marmalade was pleased with himself, I didn't have the heart to admonish him. So I complimented him for being so brave and coming to the recuse of his girlfriend, and petted him and carefully looked him over. He had been wounded on his left ear. But it looked like he would be okay. But his ear proceeded to bleed for months, although I had taken him to a Vet and an Animal Hospital. He would shake his head and blood would go onto my glasses, the wall and TV screen. I had to raise the funds for the operation and succeeded in doing so. 

The surgery he required had complications. He had either a stroke or nerve damage. This contributed I believe to his further decline and deterioration. In the end that Tom Cat fight he chose to get into outside, contributed to his demise. But he was doing what cats love to do. Being a cat. He was very good about not running away from me, but that night he simply could not resist. I think he would think that in the end, for him..."it was a Good Death." 

I am glad to see that you are continuing to heal and still remember your dear little girl. I am sure she loved, cherished & adored you, as much as you did her.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.