readingrach
My family and I are devastated from the sudden death of our sweet 2-year-old cat, Yoda, this weekend. He seemed to be very healthy and loved playing fetch and being cuddled. On Saturday, I saw Yoda come down the stairs and turn into the kitchen, where his food dish was. I heard a soft thud and my son looked into the kitchen to see what happened. He found Yoda laying next to one of our cabinets. He was dead. We rushed him to the emergency vet, even though we knew he was gone. I held his lifeless body in my arms for the entire ride to the vet. The vet believes he had cardiomyopathy. I just can't believe he could be gone in an instant. I have had cats my whole life and never experienced a loss like this. My father just passed away quite suddenly last month, so this has compounded the grief in my family. Yoda brought so much comfort to me in those days immediately after my dad's death. I am just so so sad and miss his so much. He woke me up every morning by licking my nose and would insist on being held while I brushed my hair. Mornings are empty now. I just needed to share my grief.
Quote 0 0
Gmr
I am so sorry for your loss of Yoda. It sounds like he had a very loving home and family. I'm sorry I can't write much more but I just can't think to clearly right now since I had to put my dog Peanut (of 14 yrs) down 2 wks ago. Highs
Quote 0 0
readingrach
I am so sorry for the loss of your Peanut. Thank you for your kind words.
Quote 0 0
Lfc7118
I am so sorry to hear about the sudden passing of Yoda. I lost my baby almost 3 weeks ago. He was only 2 years old too. The grieving will be hard, but know you are not alone. You have us here on the forum to talk to as long as you need us.
Hugs, Louetta
Quote 0 0
readingrach
Thank you. It is comforting to know that others truly understand how hard it is to lose a pet. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear fur baby.
Quote 0 0