Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 15      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
Olgita256

Reply with quote  #46 
That’s a beautiful picture of your boy singing!! How precious ! I know all about waking up to the realization that... they’re gone. But they’re not... they’re closer than we think. I pray you find some peace, some quiet meditation time... I believe that’s when they come closer. Thinking of you and your endless love ...
Bayley

Reply with quote  #47 
Hi Ginger. I had the same thoughts when my little boy died. Vet misdiagnosed a seizure and told me to take him home and leave him alone to sleep it off. So I put him in his bed I checked on him a few minutes later and he had walked a few steps and died on the living room floor. It haunts me that in his last moments I wasn’t there to hold him and stroke him. In retrospect it was probably his heart that just gave out. I’m now just over 3 lnonths in ifrom that terrible day. If I think of him I tear up immediately. Still conpketely devastated. Don’t like my life without him in it.
Ginger4256

Reply with quote  #48 
Thank you bayley. It is very hard. I know. The weekend seems to be the hardest time for me. Sitting here alone gives me so much pain but it's the only time I don't have to go out and pretend everything is ok. It's not ok. Life isn't the same without my Boo. So I will sit here today and remember him with no distractions and maybe find a little peace

Reply with quote  #49 
Well it's four weeks today my Boo. I miss you so so much. I still go to work but not five minutes go by that I don't think of you. The house is so quiet without you and will never be the same. I don't know how to live without you. You were here for almost 12 years, just me and you. I love you my boy. I know that you don't like me being alone. You were always by my side.

Last night I dreamed we were together
Sharing all the love we've known
Till I had to face the nightmare
Of waking up alone

Reply with quote  #50 

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak 
And pain should keep me from my sleep, 
Then will you do what must be done, 
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won. 
You will be sad I understand, 
But don't let grief then stay your hand, 
For on this day, more than the rest, 
Your love and friendship must stand the test. 
We have had so many happy years, 
You wouldn't want me to suffer so. 
When the time comes, please, let me go. 
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend, 
Only, stay with me till the end 
And hold me firm and speak to me 
Until my eyes no longer see. 
I know in time you will agree 
It is a kindness you do to me. 
Although my tail its last has waved, 
From pain and suffering I have been saved. 
Don't grieve that it must be you 
Who has to decide this thing to do; 
We've been so close -- we two -- these years, 
Don't let your heart hold any tears. 

Reply with quote  #51 
Dearest Boo's Mommy - I have followed your posts and on this special angel-versary I want to express my sorrow at the loss of your beloved Boo. The poem "The Last Battle" is really heartfelt and should bring much comfort to anyone who had to make the final decision to release their fur-babies from pain and suffering. I feel a relief, of sorts, because my Brutus died on his own and although my heart died with him, I did not have to make the decision. I posted this poem on my site and I want to share it with you...

AN INSEPARABLE PAIR – Anonymous

I miss you so much, my four-legged friend
I ask myself each day, if the pain will ever end
Your loss is so hard, for one person to bear
Because we were a team, an inseparable pair

You were by my side, when I got up each day
Waiting so patiently, to go out to play
You were there each night, when I got home
Waiting to go to the park, where you could roam

You always knew, if I was having a bad day
So you’d snuggle up close, and try to get me to play
If that didn’t work, you’d put your head in my lap
Then make yourself comfortable, and take a nap

One way or another, you would brighten my day
Like only you could, you had a special way
You gave me a lifetime, of memories to hold
Through all the years ahead, till I am gray and old

I promise I’ll see you, again one day
When we’ll be together again, to go run and play
Your loss is a cross, I will just have to bear
Because you and I know, we were an inseparable pair

RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Ginger4256

Reply with quote  #52 
Thank you Denise. 
I am feeling very vulnerable today missing my boy.  
Although I didn't have to make the decision to let him go, he still left on his own.  It's so very hard.  
Thanks

Reply with quote  #53 
Dearest Ginger - I know how you feel as lately I am having a real hard time. Tomorrow my beloved Brutus will have been gone for 11 weeks and I have been vulnerable each and every second of that time. Maybe if we imagine Boo and Brutus together looking down at us and hoping they will see their mommies smile again and feel joy and comfort at their memories--we will be able to take a moment, rise above the pain--and smile for them. I think that is what they would want for us. It is easier said than done, but we need to let them comfort us, as they have done each and every day of their precious lives with us. Be good to yourself and I wish peace of heart/soul will lighten your pain. 
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Ginger4256

Reply with quote  #54 
Thanks
I know you are in terrible pain. I feel it with you. Your Brutus is beautiful. I know how much you loved each other and how hard it is to live each day when the memories invade our minds. People keep telling me to get another pet but I'm truly not ready. I can't imagine another dog sleeping in Boo's place. The bond we had will not be broken. Maybe one day. Peace to you as well ❤️

Reply with quote  #55 
Ginger,

You posted on my thread such lovely words and I thank you for this. Like I wrote to you before I am deeply sorry you lost your very sweet Boo. Such lovely pics you posted of him, he has a very sweet face. Four weeks is not long ago - I lost Max 5 months ago and still miss him deeply. There is not a day I do not think of him and so I can imagine how much you must miss your sweet Boo especially today.

I came here to post a flower in honor of Boo:
Boo's flower.jpg 

My thoughts are with you and my heart goes out to you

[hundi]

Ginger4256

Reply with quote  #56 
Silvia, thank you for the beautiful flower.  
I think about you and Max often as well.  You are in my thoughts. 
Another picture of my Boo.  He could not stand to be away from me.  When I had to go to attic, he was determined to come with me.  I love him so much.
Boo in attic.jpg 

Reply with quote  #57 
Ginger, my thoughts are with you today. Your not alone, I feel the exact same way. It was a month yesterday since Nelly passed, it’s still pretty raw, and I miss his presence sooo much. He was like Boo in the way that he followed me everywhere. We were bonded very closely. I was thinking today that he filled a void in my heart with unconditional love, and I felt whole for almost 12 years, and I never felt alone. Now that he’s gone, that hole in my heart is open again.
I hope your able to find some peace today, knowing that your being thought of and that your not alone. Take care Ginger.❤️
NelsonsMom

Reply with quote  #58 
I adore that picture of Boo climbing the stairs to get to you, 💕
jimmy17

Reply with quote  #59 
Hi Ginger, thank you for your lovely words on Jim`s thread.   I am so very sorry for your loss of Boo - he was so handsome, and I know you are missing him so much - the first few weeks and months are so very hard, trying to adjust to a different way of life without our babies...   You will miss him forever, but it is possible to get to a more peaceful place, when you will be able to look back on all your memories of Boo with a smile....     When Jim first passed, all I could think was that was that - he was gone, but as the months went by I found that somehow, that bond we made with them really does continue - they take a piece of our hearts when they go, but also leave a piece of theirs with us... 

Sending peace and hugs,     Jackie. 

Reply with quote  #60 
Thanks Jackie
I'm in my 5th week now and still the smallest thing will make me break down. I miss my boy so much. Just when I think I might get better, a reminder comes along and I am a mess again.
I like what you said- they do leave a piece of their heart here.
😢😢😢

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.