ruthierish Show full post »
vlmatt
God Bless Your Heart Ruthie!!  How I wish I could take it and give it hugs to make it better!!  I bear with you on the suffering of your beloved looking at you and not realizing what was happening.  That happened to my Callie Anne on 11/8/15 and thinking I would leave her to REST, but low and behold she was actually dying.  

You see, we do not know.  We can't be guilty having acted in love, thinking we were doing the best for them at the time. I know how you feel about HUGGING your beloved, as I could not HUG mine as she went into cardiac arrest and then CPR, and then surgery and then that was it.  It is not HOW we imagined or wanted it.  

But.....because animals give unconditional love, they will not think you did NOT care.  That is the good news!   And......your beloved is alive.   Why? Because everything visible and invisible is created by God with a soul.  Your beloved is with God.  If you want proof, there is a dynamite book called:  "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates"  Gary Kurz.   He spent 3 years researching the Bible before he wrote it to back it up by Scripture.    This may help you.  It surely helped me!   They really are there, and your beloved is actually very happy, no pain, and waiting for YOU!  :)   (you can get book at Barnes Noble or I'm sure on line) 
Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
ruthie, anger is actually a step in the grieving process and from what you experienced you have every right to be angry at the vet's office.  hal was obviously in much pain and i'm sure he knew you only had love for him, would never hurt him ever and was trying to do what you could to help him.  our fur-babies see us in one light always - pure love and devotion.  they know we love them deeply and ask nothing from us.

not sure about how that vet's office is but some simply do not have a cat room or area where our different fur-babies can be separated.  I know a local vet around here actually even has a separate area and entrance for the kitties but they may not be the norm.  I wish there was a way that you could find out what happened to your dear hal but the knowledge that whatever happened was tragic enough to end his time with you may some day show you that God took hal to relieve his suffering.  I have always been told that we never know the exact date when God will call us back home and I believe that to be true with our fur-babies - we are not supposed to know and while I know that stinks....I for one would not want to know at all.

try not to be hard on yourself hon.  hal is in perfect health right now and playing with new friends but please know he knows his passing is hard on you but when a beloved companion's quality of life becomes poor then it's up to us to let them know it's ok to cross so they won't have any more pain.  we all wish that we could somehow have lessened the pain some of our babies went through at the end but please know our dear friends are only loaned to us for a short time by God who will call them home and you will see hal again.  many many hugs for you hon
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0