Pootiepaws
Not a day goes by without me missing Skittles,  but I've been recently been granted an enormous amount of relief that she is at peace,  and visits me in good health in her frequent dreams of her in good health.
Quote 3 0
Heavenisreal
Oh what a blessing.  I wish God gave me a vision or a dream like that.  It would be such a relief to see him doing well and be at peace.
Violetta Andruszkiewicz 
Quote 0 0
Pootiepaws
It will come,  and you won't even have to try. It's sad at first, when you wake up and realize it was a dream,  but then you feel completely at peace knowing your pet is no longer suffering.  A huge relief, but I still mourn often.
Quote 0 0
Heavenisreal
I just thought about it.  All doctors couldn't figure out why he was trembling, not eating much, had constant eye discharge.  His recent decline was so sudden and serious.  Since than I have spoken with several veterinarians and they think that he may have had an autoimmune disease.  He was always so much smaller than his brother.   His fur never grew like Maine Coon's fur should.  I forcefed him raw meals for the last 11 months so he grew and developed ok.  I am glad he has no more issues.  He is no longer crying.  He is free and happy.  I am sure that he gets plenty of attention from everyone on the other side.  
I comfort myself thinking that in no time I will be with him forever.  He was my dream kitty.  Silver cream with tabby markings Maine Coon with huge muzzle and big green eyes.
Can't wait to be with him forever.  Glad that he is not suffering.  
It is just difficult to make peace with loosing him at only 15 months old.  Didn't get to spend a lifetime with him like I was supposed to.
Violetta Andruszkiewicz 
Quote 0 0
Pootiepaws
I've been thinking the same thing about my kitty. She was 18 (domestic short-haired tabby), diagnosed with diabetes at age 11.  I just thought she had a urinary tract infection at first as she purposely showed me she wasn't comfortable by eliminating outside of her box, and following me to make sure I noticed.
I was researching Maine Coons as a completely different breed.  
would you mind sharing with me your experience with a Maine Coon?  
I was considering that to be my next kitty,  but I did read that they don't live very long.
I wanted to express my condolences with you.  My kitty initially started a rapid decline about  a year ago in October. 
She tried to jump up on the bed, and she couldn't make it.
Quote 0 0
Heavenisreal
They're very beautiful,  BIG!!! ( my 16 month old is 24 lbs and expected to keep growing for another 3 years), smart, never meaw but chirp, have big muzzles, tall ears with tufts and ear lynx, huge paws.... funny...very lovable. 

However they can have a lot of health issues. I just lost one of my boys who suddenly declined and became fatally ill with no prior warning.  

His brother has a myriad of issues.

They don't live long.  Are prone to lots of health issues.  All my friends lost one at a very young age.
I am so depressed over loosing my boy.  Want to show his picture but can't attach a picture as it is telling me that it is too big.

Yeah,  Maine Coons are greatest cats but die very early.  I only had my biy for 1 year. He came sick from a breeder with chronic illnesses but I had no idea that he had other issues that were hidden that would claim his life.

One day he is humping after a wand toy, eats, being his normal self and in the morning started actively dying.  ER vet said that he is loosing the battle.   I am left with such pain that breathing is a chore.  Life is shattered.  Don't feel like I want to keep going...
Violetta Andruszkiewicz 
Quote 0 0