Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Max147

Reply with quote  #46 
Hi Ceciliadempsey3

Thank you so much for writing & I am so very sorry both for the loss of your mum & Thatcher.

You are quite right that the love we feel for our pets is quite different. I still find it very hard to talk about my beloved boy Max 5 months down the line. I find myself trying very hard to either swallow a large painful lump in my throat or losing it altogether. I keep hoping I might get a sign from my mum or Max. Before my mum died she promised she would let me know she was ok by giving me a prearranged sign but she has been gone for over 4 years & this hasn't happened.

I think you are right in that you have to be positive & move forward as you can just exist but not live a life which is what our loved ones would have wanted I'm sure. It's just so very very hard.

I have many many photos of Max & some videos too. I still struggle with the videos as it tears me apart when I see his sweet face & waggy tail knowing I'll never touch or kiss his fluffy head again 😭.

I think your idea of meditation is a good one & I think I might give it a go especially as you say it makes you feel better. Its something I've never tried before.

In the meantime, take care of yourself & I send you the warmest of hugs xx
Suddenloss

Reply with quote  #47 
Hi I just signed up here and want to ask how everyone is feeling about their beloved family member.

I am empty beyond words and so pained.

We lost our family cat recently. He was fine up until yesterday , spent the weekend at the vets and had complications, he had this condition previously and we thought, he'd get through this. Was even discharged and eating ravenously at home acting all goofy and spoiled as usual. We took him in for a follow up, and it was bad news. He was worse than before. His condition worsened suddenly and the decision was made to euthanise. As he was already under anesthesia, he didn't feel anything. He was healthy one minute, and the next....

The worse thing is the effect on my family. My sister in particular. She has been crying non stop and we are all stressed.

I don't ever wish this on anyone. Life is do precious. Never ever waste a moment worrying about life.

I think where is my poor possum right now. He didn't even know he wasn't going to make it.

There is no reason or explanation. Just emptiness
Max147

Reply with quote  #48 
Hello Suddenloss

So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved cat. You have come to the best place to get love & sympathy from the very many people who have lost their beloved pets.

What you and your family are feeling right now is shock & sadness as this happened so quickly & unexpectedly. I lost my beautiful dog Max nearly 5 months ago & I still feel bereft about it. Our furry babies are with us for so long that life without them seems unimaginable but alas they dont live as long as we do & it comes as such a shock when they suddenly seem to get old or ill & pass away.

My first outlet was to talk to family & friends until they got fed up with me talking & crying about Max all the time & then I connected with this forum. Every different stage of my grief process has a new challenge so I post my fears to the forum & the lovely people here come back with all sorts of help & guidance & share pictures which can be very therapeutic & helpful.

You & your family & your dear sister are still in the very raw stages of grief & you have to process this in your own ways just to get through each day. Theres no easy way to this you just have to muddle through the horribleness of it all & be there for each other. I shut myself away for at least the first few weeks, I dont think I moved from the sofa (but I am retired) not easy if you are at college/work & I also completely lost my appetite for a while. Everybody is different & some people like to keep themselves busy or have to carry on regardless but you must look after yourself & go with the emotion. I often still have to go off on my own & have a good cry - it can bring you to your knees sometimes & for a long time afterwards as different memories or reminders are thrown your way.

I wish you all the best & warm hugs - theres a wealth of help out there when you are upset or concerned about something.

Life is rubbish without my boy Max, I am definitely not the same person but I'm so hoping this will get better, but I will always love him & hold him in my heart as he was my best friend & my once in a lifetime dog.

Xxoo

MiasMomma

Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max147
Hello again MiasMomma

OMG what beautiful dogs- look at those faces! How GORGEOUS are they - they make me smile just looking st them! Max is just a sweetie & looks like he would light up your day & lovely handsome Jet who looks like Mia. It makes me feel like I need a dog back in my life right now ❤😊. As you say you will never forget your great love Mia but what a wonderful gift they are.

Thank you so much for sharing your picture, its certainly made me smile!

Warm hugs xx

I will happily share their sweet faces anytime you need a smile. They have been lifesavers for me since losing my Mia. I miss her SO much, sometimes it takes my breath away. But these guys give me reasons to keep going and to keep smiling. The hardest part of loving animals and ya omg pets is knowing that they typically won’t outlive us. It’s heartbreaking and the horrid price we pay so that we may have these amazing creatures in our lives.

I wish they could stay with us forever. I’d give anything to have my sweet Mia back. She certainly my took a huge part of my heart with her when she left. But I am so thankful for the snuggles I get from my other pups. There’s no substitute for their unconditional love.

Thinking of you. xo
Shark88

Reply with quote  #50 
So sorry for your loss.    Those of us on this forum fully understand the pain and sorrow you and your family are experiencing.  
Never ever easy letting go of our best friends but we do it out of love and compassion for them.    They are in a better place.
Dakota13

Reply with quote  #51 
True love never allow memories to fade.
Suddenloss

Reply with quote  #52 
Hi Max147

Thank you for your kind words. My sister is working and I am older but finishing my degree. The timing was really crap, I didn't feel like I could contribute financially. But nothing could really be done, there was a surgery option but it would have cost thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars. 

It is frustrating when you feel embarrassed mentioning the grief to friends or loved ones because they think "oh its just a cat". But they are more than pets. I believe God sends us pets to remind us that life is precious and to always behave with integrity and remember to have fun. There was nothing my boy loved more to do than to demand food and pets. Animals never hide their feelings, they are content with simply a warm home and a bed and someone to love. They are the epitome of what life is really about. 

Thats why its so hard because he was so furry, cute, cuddly and a sweetheart. How can that not feel the same as losing a best friend or a family member. I know everyone says grief is a stage we all go through, but its still unfair, he was gone too soon.

I am sorry Max still creeps into your mind and gives you pain. I forget sometimes then suddenly reminded and the grief comes back full force.  But this week was a little easier than the last. 

Forever heartbroken, Suddenloss. 

Ceceliadempsey3

Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenloss
Hi I just signed up here and want to ask how everyone is feeling about their beloved family member.

I am empty beyond words and so pained.

We lost our family cat recently. He was fine up until yesterday , spent the weekend at the vets and had complications, he had this condition previously and we thought, he'd get through this. Was even discharged and eating ravenously at home acting all goofy and spoiled as usual. We took him in for a follow up, and it was bad news. He was worse than before. His condition worsened suddenly and the decision was made to euthanise. As he was already under anesthesia, he didn't feel anything. He was healthy one minute, and the next....

The worse thing is the effect on my family. My sister in particular. She has been crying non stop and we are all stressed.

I don't ever wish this on anyone. Life is do precious. Never ever waste a moment worrying about life.

I think where is my poor possum right now. He didn't even know he wasn't going to make it.

There is no reason or explanation. Just emptiness
Ceceliadempsey3

Reply with quote  #54 
Hi Suddenloss,
Hope you are doing a bit better! It’s still so hard after almost two months. I agree with your words. Emptiness- exactly how I’m feeling. Hang in there.
I don’t know what else to say.
Cecelia
Thatcher’s mom
VABELLO

Reply with quote  #55 
You are not alone. Its been a week since I had to put my puppa down. Sometimes the pain is like carrying a suitcase full of rocks. Other days its like a backpack full of pebbles. No matter what it's always there. But I promise you, no pain lasts foever. Im so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are not alone.

Sending you good energy and love,
Vanessa
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.