Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
MiasMomma

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max147
Oh my gosh I'm so upset for you - Mia looks so gorgeous - she looks kind & loving - you can just tell a beautiful soul 😭😭. She is an absolute angel.

I'm with you on the guilt, I ruminate all the time on Max's face the day I left the room before being put to sleep. I cant live with the picture which forever plays in my head. He looked st me as if to say "where are you going , dont leave me" and it makes me so distressed.

I feel terrible today, very tearful. Max used to follow me everywhere around the house even into the bathroom! He used to dance around my feet when I was making food & his eyes were always sparkly & knowing. He was very intelligent & a very good friend. He too had a loving soul. He was a strong boy & just accepted everything thrown his way. He had many medical problems which came from the cavalier/poodle mix. He had the cavalier heart murmur which eventually killed him, the poodle eye& joint problems.

One thing I couldn't consider is getting another dog for a long time if ever. I have friends & neighbours with dogs & I have had other dogs in the past but none of them are like Max, he was a polite gentleman & I would be forever comparing a new dog with him & that would be unfair, he was my once in a lifetime dog.

I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of my life without him. I know it's a long way off but I'm already dreading Christmas as it was his favourite day - we used to wrap all his presents up & he had the best time tearing off the paper to get to his special treats.

This is my baby a few days before he passed. He had lost so much weight 😪. Life sure is rubbish without him & I hate it. 🤮🤮.

I’m so sorry. It sounds like we’re feeing pretty similarly right now. Please, promise me you won’t say “never” to getting another dog someday. I understand completely how you feel, but it’s okay to have other pets that aren’t your Max. Mia was my once in a lifetime companion as well, but I still love my other dogs immensely. They aren’t her, no... they’re sifferent for sure, but wonderful in their own ways. My oldest, Zoe, is Mia’s sister/litter mate, actually. They were SO different personality wise.

There are so many dogs out there who desperately need safe, loving homes and who would be blessed to be in your arms. There’s no pressure, just give yourself some time to heal before making that decision.

My new pup is named “Max”. How bizarre. He’s a Bernedoodle (Mia and Zoe are Goldendoodles and my other male, Jet, is a Labradoodle. We’ve been lucky so far with none of the inherent issues native to any of the breeds in their mixes being a problem. Mia’s injury was completely out of the blue and isn’t something overly common. I hate that it happened to her. She didn’t deserve it... at all.

I understand that horrible feeling of taking them to the vet for the last time. We held her and kissed her beautiful face. I can’t get the image of her taking her last breath out of my mind. She had the most beautiful, bright sparkle in her eyes and we watched it disappear. It completely broke my heart.

My gir has the softest, best smelling fur and it was instant comfort for me when I didn’t feel well or was having a bad day. I miss that so much.

I love seeing pictures of your Max. What a sweet, handsome boy he was!! 😍
Max147

Reply with quote  #32 
Your dogs sound absolutely lovely, the poodle mix is the loveliest of them all. I love that your new pup is called Max - I have never seen a Bernedoodle, I bet hes gorgeous. They must make you smile & keep you going through the devastating loss of beautiful Mia.

I have no doubt I will put myself through this trauma again one day, as I have always had dogs & loved every single one but I'm afraid to say Max was "the one". Its almost as if we were intertwined somehow, he knew what I was thinking & sensed my every mood. You are very thoughtful to encourage me to get another dog & I'm sure this will happen one day 🙂.

Meantime, another morning without my bundle of joy & soulmate. I wish there was an afterlife so I knew I would see him again.

Warm hugs

Ceceliadempsey3

Reply with quote  #33 
Oh how beautiful! Both your pups are! Too dismayed to even write. Waking up is just not the same any more. I feel so sad. 2 weeks today 💔
Max147

Reply with quote  #34 
Hello Ceceliasempsey3. My heartfelt condolences on your very recent loss. If you ever feel like talking about your beautiful pet in time when you are ready, then this is the place, there are so many people who will give you support for the devastating pain that can be overwhelming.

Warm hugs to you xx
Shark88

Reply with quote  #35 

The Lord cared for Max too.   Your best friend Max is now at peace in God's Animal Kingdom.   

Follow The Lord and Max will never be far away.    Hope this helps to encourage you and
bring you some comfort.   

Max147

Reply with quote  #36 
Hello Shark88. Thank you so much for your kind comforting words. I do struggle with my faith and it's always a lovely thing to be reassured there is hope I will have Max back in my arms again. I so want to move forward with hope in my heart.

Warm wishes

AngelsGift

Reply with quote  #37 
The hardest part for me now is “the afterlife”. I go back and forth... and I get sad when I think there is none.

I hope there is, because my heart wants to hold that fluffy girl again one day....if there isn’t then I’ll be happy to have had 15 years of her.
Max147

Reply with quote  #38 
Me too I feel quite positive about life after death then I look at it through scientific eyes & think how could it possibly be. The thing is nobody knows or has proof either way but maybe that just means there is nothing beyond.

I get so stressed thinking about it because the thought of not seeing my boy or my mum again is unbearable. My dear dad just says believe what makes you feel comforted because when you die it wont matter either way.

All I know at the moment is I'm struggling every day without him in the here and now 😭.
MiasMomma

Reply with quote  #39 
Here’s a picture of Max. He’s a sweetie. I was afraid when we brought him home that I would have expectations of him “replacing” Mia, but I haven’t. Much like with your Max, Mia was my furry soul mate and I know that I’ll never have that bond again. But I can’t not have dogs around me. They keep me going. Max’s young, goofy energy has been a great distraction from the pain of losing my girl. He’s brought some light and positive energy back into the house. I will miss Mia forever. She was a truly special soul that I honesty believe was meant to be mine. And I’m glad she was in my life for 11.5 years. It wasn’t enough time... but it was certainly the best 11.5 years I’ve ever had.

Here’s Max... with my Labradoodle, Jet.

Attached Images
jpeg 59ED5933-B67E-40E0-9238-8282F383C787.jpeg (541.04 KB, 5 views)

Josephine

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max147
Hello everyone

I dont know how to explain this but I'll try. I'm very scared that my memories & my intense bond i had with my beloved Max will fade. I miss the life I had with him beyond words & I'm struggling to form a new life without him. I want the life back that i had with him so very much but i know i never will. I dont want the love I have for him to fade because it was so real & pure. But already I feel he's slipping away from me as I face a new future without him.

I seemed to accept that life goes on when my dear mum passed but I just cant seem to get past this with Max & I'm afraid to move on without him. I dont want my love for him to fade into something that was just a distant memory rather than something that was & is so special to me.

I dont even know what I'm trying to say I just want Max to come home as I dont know where he is & the world doesn't feel right without him.

Thank you & warm wishes to you all. Xx

Josephine

Reply with quote  #41 
I completely understand, I still feel so empty after my Sandy pass in April to quick. I dreamt ever night of her running on beach with me last summer. Now I’m find it’s fading and sometimes I don’t dream. I watch her videos daily and have lovely pics by my bed.
Only this morning again I cry having breakfast as I thought of something we did together. So all I can say to you is your never forget that bond you had and take small part of your day and look at pics and videos. This has help me. Take care of yourself too.

Attached Images
jpeg 48E43052-DA3B-4C5A-916F-DB56714B31AE.jpeg (116.39 KB, 4 views)

Ceceliadempsey3

Reply with quote  #42 
Hi Josephine,
I think you explained it very well. I know that exact feeling. I’m so afraid too that things will fade. Our lives have been turned upside down. Just today when I woke up my first thought was I have to get Thatcher out!! And then it all comes crumbling down. I I have to try my best to remain positive. When my mom does in February I had the same feelings and then it did it ease up a bit, now I try to look for signs she gives me. I loved my mom more than words could express. But with thatcher it’s different. Like someone said our fur babies are like children who don’t grow up. How do I get past this without loosing the bond/memory of my baby. I too get scared thinking that.same thought. I’m hoping that the pain will ease and that the memories will stay in my heart forever. For me I have to try to remain positive and move on. But I don’t want to let the pain go for fear of forgetting. I know I’m all over the place ( but that is where my grief has taken me). I know time heals everything and that is my only hope that it will heal me and keep my memories strong. Our ❤️S are broken. Give it Time Josephine that’s all I can say and we have to hope
I do meditation and something see my boy and the grief is gone. And when the meditation is over I feel a bit better
Hope hope your pain eases and your memories remain in your heart forever They will. Hugs to you !!
Ceceliadempsey3

Reply with quote  #43 
What great advice. I look at the videos and usually get a laugh of all the silly things Thatcher did. The tears flow but I think that’s a good thing. ( as I’m reading different posts)
I also look at the videos I sent to thatcher's veterinarian that weren’t good and that is when I know I made the right choice. But for now I’m only going to look at the good ones. And I have many. I hope your pain eases soon. Thanks again for the reminder to look at my videos. ❤️
Max147

Reply with quote  #44 
Hello Josephine I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Sandy, she looks absolutely adorable. I also have hundreds of pictures of Max & some videos I am struggling with the videos, I just cant watch them without getting that gut wrenching heart ripped out feeling. I look at his beautiful face & waggy tail & it tears me apart that I cant see or touch his fluffy head anymore.

I know I will never ever forget him & I just hope the strong bond I feel for him right now never ever fades because the ten years I had with him were the best. I wish I could have my old life back, it's so hard to accept the new one.

Warm wishes & you take care too.

Max147

Reply with quote  #45 
Hello again MiasMomma

OMG what beautiful dogs- look at those faces! How GORGEOUS are they - they make me smile just looking st them! Max is just a sweetie & looks like he would light up your day & lovely handsome Jet who looks like Mia. It makes me feel like I need a dog back in my life right now ❤😊. As you say you will never forget your great love Mia but what a wonderful gift they are.

Thank you so much for sharing your picture, its certainly made me smile!

Warm hugs xx

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.