heartbrokeninwisconsin
In 2009 my Black Lab passed away from old age and again in 2011 my Golden Retriever passed away from old age.  As you can tell from my previous post I was devastated.  No matter how much I tried to prepare myself mentally for that day when I would have to say goodbye, I was still terribly grief stricken. Time is the best healer but even though it's been several years now since they have passed I still shed a tear now and then when I think of them and see their pictures on the wall and I remember also all the other pets that I've cared for over the past 40 + years.  I still miss them very much and I know I'll never forget them.  I think what hurt the most was the idea that had been implanted in my mind through the years by family, friends and church members that they were just animals, they didn't have souls and they didn't go to heaven, they ceased to exist and I would never see them again.  After the passing of our Golden Retriver my wife was shareing her grief with a lady from our church.  This lady told my wife and I quote, "just remember, it's only a dog".  I just couldn't beleive that God would allow such loving animals to simply cease to exist when they died especially knowing how much God loves us and knowing how much we love our pets.  Well, I had to find out for sure so I spent many hours studying the bible and reading many books on the subject and what I learned was very encourageing.  Although I love the story of the Rainbow Bridge, I do not find any biblical evidence that supports such a story,  thats not to say that God won't create one (a rainbow bridge) for those of us who would prefer to meet our pets in such a way when we get to heaven.  I do believe we are definitley going to be with our pets again when we get to heaven as long as we're saved and so I wrote a book about it myself titled "We Will See Our Pets In Heaven".  It's available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.  There are many other good books about pets in heaven that I recommend that are very comforting. "Animals In Heaven Fantasy or Reality" "Will I See Him Again" and "Animals Immortal Beings" just to name a few and my favorite, a book about What heaven is going to be like by Randy Alcorn titled "Heaven"  In closing I would just like to say this and this is what I beleive after much study.  I know there are people who will disagree no matter what eveidence you put before them but this is what I beleive. Your pet has a spiritual body that is alive and well, without all the infirmities that may have plagued it in this life.  It is in heaven right now.  I do hope you find comfort as I have.  Believe me, I know the pain your feeling.  Keep praying, Keep reading and hang in there.  You'll see them again someday.
Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
Thank you for your nice post,  and for recommending this book,  and the others, too;  I believe this too,  grief would be unbearable without such hope.x
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
Thankyou for your post, I miss my SWEET SADIE GIRL, soooooo much, I cant wait to see her again someday, we were soulmates SADIE and I and we were an enseperable pair, she was my life and my world, I would always say she is attached to my hip. oh how I miss her and long to hold her again and again, I miss her everyday and I still cry for her too, It will be a joyous day when I see her again someday, RIP SADIE GIRL, mommy loves you forever and you live in my heart now forever and ever until I see you again baby girl, sadiesmommy
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Thank you for this post. It's true. They live on. They are not in the grave. My Misty showed me the truth of this. They are healed of whatever made them ill before they passed. They are whole again.

They seem so distant now from us, but "Heaven" is not a far, far away place. It is reachable in the heart of love. Our love can reach them, and theirs can reach us.

It's natural to feel sadness and loss, but remember we will be together again, if there is love. And that can be our comfort while we live.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
heartsick
This post will bring many people peace.
Please know that whether or not you are a Christian,
Hindu, Protestant, Jewish, Methodist, Buddhist, Anglican, or Muslim, or any other religion
you will meet your sweet furbaby in heaven when your time comes.
We will all be reunited with our babies.
Every single religion prays to the same God - each just takes a
different path up the mountain to reach Him.
One religion may take the North path and another the Western and another
the Southwestern, etc... When we all get to the top we are at the same place
with the One God of all the Universe. This is where we will be reunited with
our precious babies. There is no "if" about it. We will all be reunited with our
most precious babies. There are many books available about the spiritual journey
of our souls and our baby's souls. They can be found on Amazon under "Pet Loss"
or "Pet Grief". Please be comforted that we will all see our babies again when we get there -
However we still must live our lives and learn what we are here to learn.
Please do not be in a hurry to get to where they are. All things happen in their own right time.
I have a very old saying on the wall,"Don't push the river. It will flow in its own time anyway."
We are all in this together and we will help each other all along this roller coaster path of grief.
You are all in my thoughts.
Susan (heartsick)
Quote 0 0