BullysDad
Does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share of how they've honored a deceased pet? Things like making a customized Christmas ornament of them, having a painting of your favorite picture of them dine, making a scrap book, anything you'd like to share and maybe give others ideas. I made a Christmas ornament of Bully from a pic of his last Christmas, had a nice blanket made with a collage of pics of him, made a coffee cup with his pic on it, made several photo albums, I'm even going to get his collar professionally mounted in a small frame or something (haven't decided exactly what yet but I want to display it somehow). Oh and I had an artist do a painting from one of my favorite pics of him that's hanging in my office. All of this has actually helped me cope with his passing and I've probably gone a little overboard with it but it really has helped.

I'd like to hear some ideas of things others have done for their pets like this if you'd like to share!
Bully 2005-2017
Quote 0 0
William
Hi
I saved all of Williams bandannas from his grooming I am in the process of making a quilt.
I am not a painter but went to a paint your pet night where I painted the last picture taken of William.
I went around the house and collected his " hidden" treats and I have them on a table displayed with pictures.
I got a paw print and a lock of hair from the vet and that is framed next to his urn.
I have his collar and chain hanging exactly where it always hung but have the collar attached to the chain.
I am going to make a pillow out of his Xmas stocking.

I'm sure I've done more. I love what you've done and I think this is a great thread you have started. Something positive everyone can share with each other
Thank you
Kim
Kim
Quote 0 0
littleguy
I have done a lot to honor my littlguy there's a small memorial around his urn it has his collar ,his only 2 favorite toys as he didn't like toys too much , all the cards I received after hiss passing and his favorite run on the floor in front of it also his urn has a spot on the front of it for his picture, but in other ways he has been honored and  I love my boy as hes is my son , but here were I live you can sponsor a cage at one of the local animal shelters and here they actually put a very small metal  plaque on the front with the name you choose , but the two things I do most or did most to honor him is to give money and time to my local shelter to honor him and 11 months  after his passing i adopted another newfoundland from a shelter that so far has had a terrible life to give a great home too as I knew my littleguy sent her to me as he knew another baby needed a lot of love and kindness and I know it sounds crazy but I know he picked her to come home as I didn't she was just kind of sent my way .
littleguys mom    
pamela meadows
Quote 2 0
lissab
I just got a tattoo of Zakk's name on the back of my neck, mixed some of his ashes in the ink. I know a bit extreme, but I'll always have him with me. I have long hair, so it's really there just for me.
Lisa
Quote 1 0
Icewoz
lissab wrote:
I just got a tattoo of Zakk's name on the back of my neck, mixed some of his ashes in the ink. I know a bit extreme, but I'll always have him with me. I have long hair, so it's really there just for me.

I'm going to have a tattoo as well. Do you know if any artist will mix in ashes or do I need to look for specific artists that do that?
Quote 0 0