Nechemiahsmom
After a night of tossing and turning, I was awoken by god awful banging that wouldn't stop. I reset my alarm, covered my ears, and attempted to go back to sleep. No such luck. Finally, I opened my door to I find new carpet being put down. I was stunned. Before my pup, Nico, passed, he got diarrhea in November '2019. Knowing management, I thought the spot that I cleaned, that was a whole different color, would be there as a reminder forever. No more. Almost everything that he layed on after November was stained. I washed some items. Others, I threw out, but the rug I thought would be my forever reminder. Is the universe taking all reminders of him?
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
Oh wow. That is odd. I assume you live in apartment or condo. Geez was the stain that bad they had to replace immediately? I know the little reminders disappear when we don’t want them to. My vacuum still smells of my girl, when I turn it on. It may sound weird, but I feel comfort in that. Like she is still here.

Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 1 0
Nechemiahsmom
Apartment. And not that stained, but it was obvious that the rug was filthy. Before using vinegar and hydrogen peroxide it was chocolate brown.
After I cleaned it was caramel. I was amazed and spent the following 2 Saturdays cleaning from my door to the middle of the hall where the accident happened. I was on my hands and knees. A steam cleaner would have done the same, if not better, job. I am just upset that the daily reminder of our "walks" are gone. His walks consisted of me taking him outside, carrying him, until he was ready to potty. My neighbors got a kick out of our walks. Sometimes I would carry him in a pouch. I miss those walks.
Quote 0 0