Tig2019Michelle
For those who have other animals .. I've been wondering...when I made the decision to put my BFF Tiger down I watched his BFF of12 years. I put Tiger down Friday..later that night everybody was acting in their normal way. When I came home Saturday he was laying on the bed..I went to hug him and he hissed and ran. He's NEVER done that. I went to the living room and watched him. I never took the towels up from where Tiger layed. Jr. Bear Tigers BFF looked at the kitchen bar and didn't see Tiger so he literally walked to the kitchen and peeked around to the towel on the floor.. Tiger wasn't there so he jumped on the bar as if to see if he was on the counter. He then jumped down and went to the bedroom came out meowing very loud wondering around the house. After about 10 minutes he went into the closet and went to sleep for the night. ..since then he's been extremely clingy which is great with me as Tiger was too...but wondering if he realizes and knows??? This is his bff JrBear
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
😭oh I think he knows he's not there, he's been looking for him 💔I'm so sorry ...
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Tig2019Michelle,
Again, I am sorry for your loss. I believe JrBear is mourning the lost of his feline companion. I had to do put mine to sleep 5 weeks ago today. I have 2 other cats and one of them was with him for 17 years. She kept looking for him everywhere. She would pace around. I could she misses him. It would break my heart. My other one was with him for only 3 years. I could see that he was looking for him as well. He was the leader of this house! They both was mourning just like me. I just gave them extra love and attention. They seem to be doing better now, (I hope.) I don't like Thursday because of the reminder of that awful day. My heart goes out to you and JrBear. Big hugs for you both. 💛
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I am sorry for your loss.  With the last four cats I have had, I have had them two at a time.  Both times when the first cat died, the second cat went into mourning for several days.  The second cat wouldn't eat, was very inactive and looked for the first cat.  I don't know how much the cat understands, but he/she knows that the companion cat is gone and feels the absence.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
Tig2019Michelle
Thank you Becky1990... today is going to be a little hard as it has been one week today that my beloved Tiger is gone 😢 just gonna try to make it through and think happy thoughts at work so I don't cry
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Tig2019Michelle,
My thoughts are with you. Sending you healing vibes to get through today. I know this just stinks! I too think of thr good memories. Sometimes that does help. xx
Quote 0 0
mkucer85
I am concerned about the same situation with my dog. I have posted recently my situation and will have to my boy Diesel down within next week probably. I have another dog Zues who is 5 and been with Diesel since he was a puppy. I noticed they been cuddling a little more than they used to and Zeus been more gentle around him. I have an 11 year cat that been with Diesel his whole life too and they cuddle every single night. I am so concerned if he understands and how Zeus and Timon will be after Diesel is gone =( I am thinking of you as well and hope everything starts healing for you.
Diesel's Mom,
Quote 0 0